Login | Register

If you're having login issues, please clear your cookies and cache!

Thread: What would it take for you to believe in Aliens?

O.P [move]:run:[/move]

Join Date Mar 2011

Posts 1,037

Membership Elite Founder

04-18-2012 08:00 PM #1 What would it take for you to believe in Aliens?

I'm just making a simple disscussion thread: what would it take for you to believe in aliens?

I mean, if we see a video of a star doing something obscene on tmz, we believe it, but a video of a UFO doesn't do it for us...

If I were to post a video of a alien, it would be labeled BS. If I uploaded audio, it'd be BS. If I uploaded pics, it's BS.

Anyways, short of actual interaction with one, what would it take to make you believe in one?

Clive ....

Join Date May 2010

Posts 1,132

Membership Donator

04-19-2012 07:00 PM #11

Quote Originally Posted by ChazAnus View Post
    I would say probably an abduction of course, some tests run on me, a little bit of anal probing and what not.
    Anal probing? That can be arranged without aliens Just with a little help from...

(Look familiar )

Anyways, on topic, I'm not saying I don't believe or believe right now, but I would need to see something with my own eyes. I can not trust a video at all, especially with the amazing improvements of technology. Pictures are even easier to fake so, obviously no. The only way to believe is by seeing. Well, my vision is pretty bad so, maybe not then :fa:

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clive For This Useful Post:

4. Join Date Nov 2009

Posts 3,178

Membership Former Staff

04-19-2012 08:16 PM #12

Honestly what has been flashing around on websites, tv shows and other forms of media I do not believe. They are not concise and in my opinion lack validity. Now I am not saying I do or do not believe in aliens or extraterrestrials but we will not be able to find out anytime soon. Mainly for the fact that we have barely dented the surface of space travel and the understanding of space...

I pretty much agree with Legaljuana, if there is not hardcore dead to rights evidence I have a hard time believing it.

USSR Great Communist Nation

Join Date Apr 2010

Posts 529

Membership Donator

04-20-2012 10:50 AM #13

I'd have to see 100% real EVIDENCE of a Alien being on this planet or in this solar system, e.g a crashed alien ship. Until then I can't really trust the government handling my finances never-mind revealing a new lifeform.

6. unknown_959 French Fries

Join Date Apr 2012

Posts 22

Membership Standard

04-29-2012 11:21 AM #14

Hmm I already believe in aliens or should I say... life outside earth. Hahaha! No need for any evidence or something. The fact that the universe is very huge acts as the evidence itself that there are aliens. )

Redadski Ronald McDonald

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 945

Membership Donator

05-15-2012 01:17 PM #15

End of the olympics 2012 london ull see them soon enough.
    Nice of off prepairing people here on ngu m8.
    Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner. Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
    OWNED!!

CanonChris Cub Scout

Join Date May 2012

Posts 215

Membership Standard

05-15-2012 02:57 PM #16

i believe other life..it makes perfect sense..in a scripture that god wrote it says "threw house to house we shall all be one within all solar systems" or sumin

Pichu RIP PICHU.

Join Date Jan 2011

Posts 6,689

Membership Former Staff

05-15-2012 08:57 PM #17

Quote Originally Posted by ghostbear View Post
    I find it odd that you decide to put aliens in the same category as gods, spirits, and leprechauns. Life outside our solar system not only does exist, but mathematically proven. The very idea that we are the only intelligent life in the universe is not only highly arrogant, but ignorant. Placing your decision on whether or not to believe on video, audio, or by word of mouth while very prudent also provides a problem . How can any such evidence be substantiated, when no one wants to take this subject seriously?

I understand your skepticism, but don't write off life exists elsewhere just because you have decided there is no evidence.
    If by definition of alien, life outside of our planet, then yes, it has already been proven. Microorganisms have been found to exist on Mars, the only reason why the other planets in our solar system can't have life is positioning. Mars had all its water dry up, the other planets are either too far and are frozen or are gas planets.

The idea that, why is it that we are perfectly where we are is that exact reason, without our planet being where it is we would not exist and therefor not understand that our planet is where it is...
    Send me a PM with the message: "What What In The Butt".
    I will compile a list of names and put you all in my signature permanently.
    I rarely log on so it may be a month before I do it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wants it in the Butt.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]wants it in the Butt.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pichu For This Useful Post:

Millz Worth the Weight

Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 3,640

Membership Donator

05-15-2012 09:29 PM #18

The question isn't about life, it's intelligent life.

Even intelligent life has been proven mathematically, but can I say that there is? No.

But do I believe that there is? Yes.

Edit: Sublimity you're a phag00t for posting that in your signature.

"No one is stronger or more dangerous than who can harness his emotions -- his past"
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i7-2600k @ 4.5 GHz|Corsair H80|EVGA GTX 580 @ 931/2004 MHz|16 GB DDR3-1600 (OC 2133MHz)|ASUS P8Z77 V-Pro|OCZ Vertex 3 120GB|WD Black 1TB|Corsair TX850 v2|Cooler Master HAF 922

12. WaferPink French Fries

Join Date Apr 2012

Posts 24

Membership Standard

05-22-2012 09:40 AM #19

I believe we aren't the only life forms in the univerce, there must be other intelligent life forms out there.:carling:
    A Royal Commission is a broody hen sitting on a china egg. - Quoted Queen WaferPink

doxis Copyright Material

Join Date Aug 2010

Posts 1,320

Membership Standard

05-22-2012 11:08 AM #20

Somewhere in this universe so is it a galax just like us, so "aliens" exist and they might be like us or a diffrent way, we will never know because you can never look thru the universe and not even travel thru it, because we dont know how far away it is, it could be 1 year away from here, up to 500000000 years away.