Post: Black Screen Fix & Tutorial On How-to Get On 4.50 iTA
11-02-2013, 05:02 AM #1
ImSooCool
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So for people having the black screen problem by running Ghosts on 4.21 iTA or 4.21, 4.30 Rebug follow this tutorial :

1. People who have 4.21 iTA or 4.21, 4.30 Rebug can’t run Ghosts because of some unknown issue.
2. To fix that you need to go on 4.50 iTA CFW.
3. You can download the .PUP file from here: You must login or register to view this content.
4. If you are on DEX you can directly go on any DEX as it was confirmed by my friend SonyBlack (who knows a lot about it).
5. So take that .PUP file put it into a USB and go to XMB and update the system software by using Storage Media.
6. Once you are done and are on 4.50 iTA you need to install 1.51 version of PS3 iTA Manager. Which can be downloaded from here : You must login or register to view this content.
7. Go to Game Utility and Delete the Ghosts game patch that you had installed before.
8. Go to install package files and install the update again which is [1.01] and [1.02]. Here is the link to BLUS31270 Region update files: You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content.
9. After you have installed it, {DONT OPEN MULTIMAN AS ITS NOT SUPPORTED YET FOR PS3iTA at the moment}
10. Open the Ps3 iTA Manager. Press Start>>Go to Network Tools>>Initialize FTP Server.
11. Then Hop over FileZilla and Ftp to your game directory which is usually /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31270/USRDIR.
12. Download the You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content. file that i have provided (click the colors :rolleyes: ) and replace them with the Original Ones. (I like to rename my original files like EBOOT.BIN.orgi so i don’t lose my original files Happy )
13. Now hop back over to PS3 iTAManager and you would see Ghosts in your list of Games. Move the Game Pointer to Ghosts itself and Press Select.
14. After you press Select, there’s going to be a menu and in that you choose Config Game.
15. Once in Config Game, then you need to go down to BDEMU then choose Mount BDVD.
16. Click return after it and Save Config (it would give you a prompt to save Config then you click yes , so you would not have to go in the Config settings after every reboot ).
15. Return to the Game listing window and Press X on Ghosts. Then it would say something like Mounting Game and it would make you go back to XMB.
16. From XMB, you go straight to the Disc icon and the Game would start working normally Smile .

Q & A

Q : I upgraded to 4.50 iTA Dex and now i see that my LV2 Kernel is CEX ?
A : Don’t worry about it as, Rebug toolbox is not updated to 4.50 yet.

Q : Do i need to replace both .self file and the EBOOT ?
A : No, you only need to replace either .self or the EBOOT.

Q : Where did you got the Game itself from?
A : Torrents of course, and it was a iMARS release.

Q : I don’t see the online option in the Multiplayer even after update?
A : Follow from Step 7 again Smile

Q : To RTM do i need to have Debug .self or EBOOT ?
A : Yea, as how would you connect and see the memory.

Q : Do i need to put the Original EBOOT in my GAMEZ folder too as i tried to mod it on [1.00]?
A : Yes, if you tried to mod the game on [1.00] then you need to replace that Debugged Eboot that you have to original eboot which can be found here : You must login or register to view this content.. But if you didn’t mod it on [1.00] then no need to do this.

Q : When i goto iTA Manager i don't see any Games even when i have my external plugged in the PS3?
A : You need to rename the folder from GAMES to GAMEZ in which you have the backup games saved.

Q : Where would you recommend saving backup Games ?
A : I recommend saving all you games on External HDD and believe me All the Backups work from External. But if you choose internal, you might get errors.

Credits :
Myself ( for creating the tutorial and helping you guys Smile )
SonyBlack ( for telling me not to downgrade back to 3.55 as you can go straight to 4.50 DEX if you have DEX already )
MrEvilOne ( for telling me to change Games to Gamez to get my games to show up in iTA Manager )
RawDog & ArMyGuNsZ ( for being a victims of Black Screen :p and helping me with other stuff :lol: )
Last edited by ImSooCool ; 11-03-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Update [1.02]

The following 5 users say thank you to ImSooCool for this useful post:

Asian, JLM, jostikeros, SuperGam3rzZ, Winter

The following user groaned ImSooCool for this awful post:

DylanOc1
11-02-2013, 11:49 PM #11
Kenneth-RTE
Pokemon Trainer
i dont have a usb here, anyway i can update then?
11-03-2013, 08:43 AM #12
Still doesnt work for me :/ All i want to do is play it, but i still get blackscreen on start up.
11-03-2013, 09:04 AM #13
ImSooCool
Vault dweller
i dont think so bro
11-03-2013, 03:12 PM #14
firefox7
XBOX 360 SUCKS
Originally posted by ImSooCool View Post
So for people having the black screen problem by running Ghosts on 4.21 iTA or 4.21, 4.30 Rebug follow this tutorial :

1. People who have 4.21 iTA or 4.21, 4.30 Rebug can’t run Ghosts because of some unknown issue.
2. To fix that you need to go on 4.50 iTA CFW.
3. You can download the .PUP file from here: You must login or register to view this content.
4. If you are on DEX you can directly go on any DEX as it was confirmed by my friend SonyBlack (who knows a lot about it).
5. So take that .PUP file put it into a USB and go to XMB and update the system software by using Storage Media.
6. Once you are done and are on 4.50 iTA you need to install 1.51 version of PS3 iTA Manager. Which can be downloaded from here : You must login or register to view this content.
7. Go to Game Utility and Delete the Ghosts game patch that you had installed before.
8. Go to install package files and install the update again which is [1.01] and [1.02]. Here is the link to BLUS31270 Region update files: You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content.
9. After you have installed it, {DONT OPEN MULTIMAN AS ITS NOT SUPPORTED YET FOR PS3iTA at the moment}
10. Open the Ps3 iTA Manager. Press Start>>Go to Network Tools>>Initialize FTP Server.
11. Then Hop over FileZilla and Ftp to your game directory which is usually /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31270/USRDIR.
12. Download the You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content. file that i have provided (click the colors :rolleyes: ) and replace them with the Original Ones. (I like to rename my original files like EBOOT.BIN.orgi so i don’t lose my original files Happy )
13. Now hop back over to PS3 iTAManager and you would see Ghosts in your list of Games. Move the Game Pointer to Ghosts itself and Press Select.
14. After you press Select, there’s going to be a menu and in that you choose Config Game.
15. Once in Config Game, then you need to go down to BDEMU then choose Mount BDVD.
16. Click return after it and Save Config (it would give you a prompt to save Config then you click yes , so you would not have to go in the Config settings after every reboot ).
15. Return to the Game listing window and Press X on Ghosts. Then it would say something like Mounting Game and it would make you go back to XMB.
16. From XMB, you go straight to the Disc icon and the Game would start working normally Smile .

Q & A

Q : I upgraded to 4.50 iTA Dex and now i see that my LV2 Kernel is CEX ?
A : Don’t worry about it as, Rebug toolbox is not updated to 4.50 yet.

Q : Do i need to replace both .self file and the EBOOT ?
A : No, you only need to replace either .self or the EBOOT.

Q : Where did you got the Game itself from?
A : Torrents of course, and it was a iMARS release.

Q : I don’t see the online option in the Multiplayer even after update?
A : Follow from Step 7 again Smile

Q : To RTM do i need to have Debug .self or EBOOT ?
A : Yea, as how would you connect and see the memory.

Q : Do i need to put the Original EBOOT in my GAMEZ folder too as i tried to mod it on [1.00]?
A : Yes, if you tried to mod the game on [1.00] then you need to replace that Debugged Eboot that you have to original eboot which can be found here : You must login or register to view this content.. But if you didn’t mod it on [1.00] then no need to do this.

Q : When i goto iTA Manager i don't see any Games even when i have my external plugged in the PS3?
A : You need to rename the folder from GAMES to GAMEZ in which you have the backup games saved.

Q : Where would you recommend saving backup Games ?
A : I recommend saving all you games on External HDD and believe me All the Backups work from External. But if you choose internal, you might get errors.

Credits :
Myself ( for creating the tutorial and helping you guys Smile )
SonyBlack ( for telling me not to downgrade back to 3.55 as you can go straight to 4.50 DEX if you have DEX already )
MrEvilOne ( for telling me to change Games to Gamez to get my games to show up in iTA Manager )
RawDog & ArMyGuNsZ ( for being a victims of Black Screen :p and helping me with other stuff :lol: )

Doesn't work for me dude...
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM #15
angelo27093
Bounty hunter
ITA 4.50 now supported with new multiman update 4,50.04 Smile
11-03-2013, 10:51 PM #16
IntarPops
Do a barrel roll!
Im on 4.41 ita, and i can only play campaign mode ! When choose multiplayer our other, getting black screen with freeze !
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM #17
Try this then
11-05-2013, 12:09 AM #18
Originally posted by IntarPops View Post
Im on 4.41 ita, and i can only play campaign mode ! When choose multiplayer our other, getting black screen with freeze !

I had same issue on ita 4.21 then I read this tutorial and went to ita 4.50 now game wont load at all .. ????
11-05-2013, 01:17 AM #19
Same problem, multieplayer freeze Dex 4.2.1

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo