01-21-2014, 01:53 AM #1
ljjp
LJJP I GOT SWAG
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Question: I heard GTA Online cheaters were causing large amounts of modded GTA$ to transfer to innocent players over the past few weeks. Is Rockstar Games aware of this, and what is being done?

Answer: We have received complaints over the past few weeks about cheaters gifting large amounts of GTA$ to others, setting bounty rewards outside game limits, or otherwise attempting to tamper with the GTA Online economy. We have deployed several hotfixes to prevent this type of activity, and will be adding further cheat protection in future Title Updates as well. Players who willingly cheated to create this illegitimate influx of in-game currency will be separated out from the rest of the population. If you were the unwilling recipient of an impossibly large amount of GTA$, you do not need to worry about disciplinary action against your account. However, please be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money.

Question: I was minding my own business and suddenly received a huge amount of money in GTA Online from a cheater. Am I in trouble?

Answer: To keep the gameplay environment as fair as possible for legitimate players, we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions. These sweeps are based on in-game automated detection, examination of suspicious gameplay statistics, and also manually-reviewed evidence submitted by the Community. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.

Question: Do I need to report to Rockstar Games the fact that I was given a huge amount of modded money I didn’t want?

Answer: No, you do not need to report this. We are able to tell the difference, automatically through gameplay data, between the cheaters and the players who received this money innocently. Players who were willingly cheating are notified about any action taken against their account. If you were not cheating, you do not need to do anything further.

Question: Are you able to remove the money given to me by a modder if I contact you directly? Should I just wait for the community-wide adjustment?

Answer: We are unable to accept individual requests for GTA$ removal. However, we will be making adjustments to account balances for any players in possession of illegitimate funds.

Question: Regarding the account balance adjustments, what if I already spent some or all of the money I was given by cheaters? Or what if I transferred it to a second temporary character?

Answer: We have taken all of these factors into account when making account balance adjustments. If you already spent some or all of the modded money you were given, you may find that your account balance after adjustment is lower than it was before you received the counterfeit money. This is correct as you will be allowed to keep the items you bought.

Question: How did you calculate the adjusted account balance for each player who was in possession of modded GTA$? What happened if deducting the amount of modded GTA$ from a particular account would have resulted in a very low, or negative, balance?
Answer: The adjusted account balances are the result of removing modded money. If you already spent some or all of the modded money you were given, you may find that your account balance after adjustment is lower than it was before you received the counterfeit money - this is correct as you will be allowed to keep the items you bought. Any unspent money from shark card purchases is also not affected. For accounts that would have been left with little or no GTA$ after correction, we added sufficient funds to continue playing and enjoying GTA Online, taking into account whether a player intentionally created and distributed modded GTA$ versus or received modded money innocently.

Question: My second character had money in his wallet that is now gone. I thought you were only removing cash from my current character. What happened?
Answer: The process of removing counterfeit GTA$ removes it first from a player’s bank account, then from any inactive character wallets and finally from the wallet of the active character. You can deposit cash in the bank via the phone, and can use the bank to transfer GTA$ between your characters at any time.

Question: What about the GTA$ that I purchased with Shark Cards?

Answer: Not to worry, any unspent Shark Card funds that you had in your account have not been touched.

Question: I know of a way people are still trying to cheat by modding or exploiting the game. How can I report it?

Answer: If you have any information about methods people are still using to try to ruin the GTA Online experience for others, please submit concrete proof (video tutorials, guides, links to mod files, etc.) to

[email protected] we will investigate
Link to post You must login or register to view this content.

The process of removing counterfeit GTA$ removes it first from a player’s bank account, then from any inactive character wallets and finally from the wallet of the active character. Please be sure to check both character's wallets for any remaining funds after the economy correction

The following user thanked ljjp for this useful post:

KimJongIl
01-26-2014, 10:30 AM #2
FlappynLoose
Save Point
this is bull they need to bring back to hacks n shit it was so much more funner with them iv still got all my lvls but yous took all my money and left me with 5 grand and that got me no were its like theres no point in playing any more cause theres no fun inthe game anymore so yea they need to bring back the hacks and people will start playing again. :c
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM #3
No fuck hackers even though I am one, they need to rise all the fucking ££ and RP
01-26-2014, 09:06 PM #4
Question: What about the GTA$ that I purchased with Shark Cards?

*Answer: Not to worry, any unspent Shark Card funds that you had in your account have not been touched.

I love how they answered that, 3 of my friends are just legitimate players who bought 2-3 shark cards and the funny thing is, their money was also taken. Look at all the forums and threads that Rockstar stole their REAL LIFE money becuase they got cash cards and their money was reset....thats pretty low for a company to do after taking alot of material away.

How many more players will they try to turn away or rip off? I say they should revert to 1.04 and lets us play how we wanted...i paid for the game with unlimited possibilities online, so where'd that thought go?

Keep lowering payouts and nerfing Rp Rockstar your doing a great job Winky Winky
Last edited by Xx_Raymo_xX ; 01-26-2014 at 09:09 PM.
01-26-2014, 09:20 PM #5
DoN-WaKiTa
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by xX View Post
I say they should revert to 1.04 and lets us play how we wanted...i paid for the game with unlimited possibilities online, so where'd that thought go?

Keep lowering payouts and nerfing Rp Rockstar your doing a great job Winky Winky

amen to that! Tiphat

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo