09-23-2010, 05:58 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU community, i was just wondering if you guys could just tell me the types of internet provders you use, and how good of a connection you have when playing mw2 or cod4 with WIRELESS. I have dial up or whatever and i use a netgear wireless router (pretty nice one) and yet my connection is a 2-3 bar on mw2 and a 1-2 bar on cod4, i know its because of dial up thats why i need your guys help!

You dont need to give links, i just need names/ideas because its getting a little annoying with a f***ing 1 bar all the time.
09-24-2010, 03:48 AM #11
Originally posted by War View Post
Well Post your speed test and I will be able to correctly tell you if your internet is good enough... Also you are welcome I am glad I could help you! =D..... Well 15 meters is quite a distance, and if it is behind walls and such it could disrupt quite a lot... I have my PS3 right next to the router the only thing that is in the way is a wall and I still have to have the PS3 wired because of the wall is making that much of a difference!

download speed 1.30mb/s
upload speed 0.75 mb/s

quest communications 2.5/5
09-24-2010, 05:30 AM #12
Xvailer
League Champion
Originally posted by whipmaster47 View Post
may you please tell me what you use?

I have a linkSys router which isnt fking dial up thank god!!!! I would die on XBL so many times it wouldnt be so damn funny Sad Awesome
09-24-2010, 05:40 AM #13
Originally posted by Xvailer View Post
I have a linkSys router which isnt fking dial up thank god!!!! I would die on XBL so many times it wouldnt be so damn funny Sad Awesome

Well i dont think i have dial up either now, its dsl i think which still isnt uh good. but it will be changed soon to at LEAST broadband, i hope hah.
09-24-2010, 05:54 AM #14
Xvailer
League Champion
well im not that smart with the Internetz all I know how too really do is HTML codes and how to surf the web and im only 14 haha Happy
09-24-2010, 01:27 PM #15
God_of_War
God Help us all
Originally posted by whipmaster47 View Post
download speed 1.30mb/s
upload speed 0.75 mb/s

quest communications 2.5/5

Well 1.30 Mbp/s is alright and should get you on good games unless you are sharing your internet between multiple people.... and also did moving your ps3 help it out?
09-24-2010, 11:52 PM #16
Originally posted by War View Post
Well 1.30 Mbp/s is alright and should get you on good games unless you are sharing your internet between multiple people.... and also did moving your ps3 help it out?

i cant move my ps3 or router, i tried but i cant move it past the wall, i need an extention cable or something lol. but if getting a new internet provider (were doing that for other reasons) doesnt help then ill just have to deal with it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo