06-03-2012, 02:54 AM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
How to download with Usenet (Full Tutorial)

not sure if this is right section for this D=

Usenet is by far the most reliable and safest way of downloading files and you only need three essential things:
1: Newsgroup Server (e.g You must login or register to view this content.)
2: Newsgroup Reader (e.g You must login or register to view this content.)
3: Indexing Site (e.g You must login or register to view this content.)

WHY USE USENET?
If you’ve never heard of Usenet before or are still unsure of what Usenet is, I highly recommend reading the You must login or register to view this content. The article does a great job explaining the technical side, the past history, and future of Usenet.

The main aspect of Usenet I’m going to discuss is Usenet’s ability to download files. Compared to alternatives, Usenet shines in this area:

Fast Downloads: If you have a good Usenet provider, your download speeds will max out your internet connection. Even 50Mbps+ FiOS connections can max out on Usenet downloads.

No Uploads: The centralized server structure of Usenet does not require uploading. You can download as much as you want and never have to worry about uploading a single file.

Search Easily: Finding files on Usenet is extremely easy thanks to a number of websites that index Usenet content.
Privacy: Many Usenet providers offer SSL encryption options and downloads are always anonymous.

SETUP

Step 1 - Subscribe to a premium news server
You will first need a Usenet Server provider, most cost anywhere between $5-$20 per month - similar price to a filehost such as rapidshare.
I would suggest You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.

current deal on now:

Step 2 - Get a good newsreader (software)
A good Usenet client will handle everything for you, so by the time a download is complete, your file is completely extracted and ready for use.
The one i recommend is You must login or register to view this content.. Easy to use GUI

Quick Setup Guide: You must login or register to view this content.

Step 3 - Finding the Files
There are a number of great websites out there for finding files on Usenet.
Best:
Free and very complete. Requires registration for full features. Its worth purchasing VIP for a price of $10 which gives you a retention of 1500 days - basically access to every file and gives you VIP access to [url=www.nzbxxx.com]NZBXXX[/url] Smile^

Others:

Step 4 - Downloading
Once you have found something you want, you simply need to download the (.NZB) which is similar to a (.TORRENT) file and open it in your client.

e.g:
Search for a file

Click the download button to download .NZB

Add .NZB to your client

Enjoy Fast secure Downloading

START ENJOYING USENET

I hope you found my getting started guide useful. Usenet really is a wonderful service once you start to use it. If you have any questions, feel free to sound off in the comments.

//guide written by me
Last edited by DEREKTROTTER ; 06-03-2012 at 03:01 AM.

The following 6 users say thank you to DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

Im Po, LEzStarz, Lovol, Top_Dog_Uk
06-03-2012, 09:14 AM #2
Top_Dog_Uk
Gym leader
excellent post Derrek

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo