06-24-2012, 09:26 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I pay for 12.5mb/p internet, and thats big for me as im 16 and work part time for gas money, a phone and good internet? i just moved and got it setup today its from wildblue, i only get 8mb/s internet, its faster than i had before, but why isnt it 12.5? it satalite its going to storm soon is that why? ps lol i have verizon home phone but have to get satalite internet as i live in a rural place :ha!:
06-24-2012, 09:51 PM #2
_Nightwing
Gym leader
In the wildblue website it says you can get "up to" 12 Mbps in "most" areas of the US.
I guess you're not in one of those areas. Most internet companies lie about their speeds to get you to sign up.
It says on the website 7.5 GB a month cap limit for 49.99 PLUS a 9.99 equipment fee? Damn, that sucks.
And I thought I had it bad with a 150 GB limit. Is this the only internet service you can get in your area?
Last edited by _Nightwing ; 06-24-2012 at 09:56 PM.
06-24-2012, 10:01 PM #3
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
Internet speed depends on the distance between your house and their central, and what kind/condition your cable is.

I pay for 25Mps down and 5Mps up, but there is no way I get more than 20Mps down and 2.5Mps up. It sucks that you have to pay for something you don't get, but that's how it is. =/
06-24-2012, 11:49 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
yea its faster than what i used to have, pretty much other than cable but that don't have HD and we have HD tvs

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

i pay for 2/3 of what i should have if it was 10 i would be ok thats the us average, im below average
06-25-2012, 12:31 AM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
I pay for 12.5mb/p internet, and thats big for me as im 16 and work part time for gas money, a phone and good internet? i just moved and got it setup today its from wildblue, i only get 8mb/s internet, its faster than i had before, but why isnt it 12.5? it satalite its going to storm soon is that why? ps lol i have verizon home phone but have to get satalite internet as i live in a rural place :ha!:

Depends....
On the quality of the line , distance from the exchange , wired or wireless also how many bottlenecks your ISP puts down.
Even if you get 50Mb you don't get 50Mb unless no bottleneck 3rd parties companies own most of the lines over your ISP so your never get the full speed.

*All the time
06-25-2012, 01:04 AM #6
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Hakon View Post
Internet speed depends on the distance between your house and their central, and what kind/condition your cable is.

I pay for 25Mps down and 5Mps up, but there is no way I get more than 20Mps down and 2.5Mps up. It sucks that you have to pay for something you don't get, but that's how it is. =/

Hakon. When I was with AOL I was meant to get 20mb down 10 up I never got that. I phoned them up and they dropped the price I was paying for it because I never got the speeds I were paying for.

Try it you never know Smile
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM #7
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Hakon View Post

My area, we pay for 3mb up and 30 down. Depending if Charter has been messing with any of the boxes, we go from 3 to 5 and 30 down to 40+ and then at times when they mess with it again, 2 up and 20 down. Still good but sucks. We've only been 3 up and 30 down a few times but they keep messing with everyone's shit.
10-17-2016, 05:33 PM #8
Riften
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Toke View Post
I pay for 12.5mb/p internet, and thats big for me as im 16 and work part time for gas money, a phone and good internet? i just moved and got it setup today its from wildblue, i only get 8mb/s internet, its faster than i had before, but why isnt it 12.5? it satalite its going to storm soon is that why? ps lol i have verizon home phone but have to get satalite internet as i live in a rural place :ha!:

12.5 mb/s? lol fuckin normie.
10-17-2016, 09:41 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Riften View Post
12.5 mb/s? lol fuckin normie.

sik digity

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo