07-18-2014, 01:58 AM #1
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First off, if you have 5GHz device, then you are perfectly set to get really good speeds. If you are using 2.4Ghz (Which most devices are at on the moment), this tutorial will help you out Smile.

Download an app called WiFi Analyzer Lite
When app open, you will see list of apps. Slide your fingers right until you see until you see channel list with scores.
The perfect green score is what you want. The more greener it is, the better the speed is. Most routers will use channels 11, 6 or 1 which will make connection bad.

Log into your router and then switch to that perfect green connection and from there, you got good internet speeds! This helps me out alot!

The following 3 users say thank you to Joel for this useful post:

Nico, NotALegitPlayer, ResistTheSun
08-03-2014, 02:21 PM #11
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Just like to point out that certain devices can use the same range as a wifi device as standard.
Also certain ranges have a ton of crap on them 5Ghz allows for more ranges to be used. This tool is helpful in finding problem spots.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

JP
08-28-2014, 01:43 AM #12
A very resourceful app to have installed. I recommend it!
09-11-2014, 10:53 AM #13
Alt
Banned
I've got an app like this from Cydia but didn't really look into it but I will check it out now!

My router uses 5GHz for my Macbook Pro & iPhone but only when its not too far away.

Nice thread Joel!
09-12-2014, 02:02 AM #14
Dan
I'm a god.
Also getting a good name brand router will help.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo