04-15-2015, 05:48 AM #1
Crumpp
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Lord Gaben

Nickname: Gaben

You must login or register to view this content.

Back Story:
Gabe Newell (Gaben as I will be calling him later on in this "article") dropped out of Harvard University only to spend 13 years working at Microsoft ONLY to leave to be the co-founder of Valve along with Mike Harrington, another employee who worked for Microsoft. Before leaving Microsoft, Gaben classified himself as "producer on the first three releases of Windows". Considering he was a "Microsoft Millionaire" he, along with Harrington, used his money to fund Valve through the development of Half-Life. A direct quote from Wiki ~ "During production on Half-Life 2, he spent several months focusing on the Steam project." Gaben also had his fair amount of trash talking to when he announced his displeasure of "gaming consoles" and to be particular, the play station 3. Gaben claimed that the development of the PS3 was and I quote "a waste of everybody's time" and "a disaster on many levels ... I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a do over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'."(fucking legend). Not to mention he also called Windows 8 a "catastrophe".

Why I give a shit about Gaben:
He's worth about $1.5 billion US Dollars

Joking.... About why I care about him... that's actually how much he's worth

Why everyone else gives about Gaben:
Let me just say this before I start, this is what I've heard from people in the Steam forums and my personal opinion, I did not go looking for the exact facts! Thank you
Now you may be wondering "why the fuck do people even care about this guy so much", because i'm assuming i'm not the first person to mention Gaben on this forum.
Gaben is plainly a legend. He is the founding father of "https://store.steampowered.com/", which is what we PC players use to buy games and to communicate with other PC Gamers. He made all of that. Without him, there would be a huge hole in the gaming world. He was the voice of Team Fortress 2, a game that took Valve 9 years to make (I will link Gaben's short commentary on TF2 down below with the rest of the videos). Not only that but Gaben is also a GAMER! He has spent over 1000 hours playing Dota 2! A piece of shit game! But he still played it because of it's community and all the shit that's going for it. I mean, yeah, is Gaben a money whore, for sure, but who the fuck isn't! Don't tell me you're not a money whore, everyone likes money, a lot of it, so shut you're mouth <3. Gaben may have his downs, but his ups out weigh them by literally tons... ( Winky Winky ) We PC Gamers are extremely grateful for what Gaben has done and will always love and cherish his creation... Steam, as well as Valve. Gaben actually speaks out, voices his opinion, and doesn't care what the out comes are! Yes he may have been sorry for what he said to Sony, but jack shit who cares, he was still a legend for saying that, what I also believed was true. And the fact that Gaben left his remarkable job at Microsoft to create something that MIGHT HAVE FAILED is just amazing. Gaben has so many fans, just check reddit, and will always be loved by the Steam community.

Gaben is love... Gaben is life...

Excuse any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes, I typed this up fast as hell Smile

Videos of Lord Gaben

Gabe Newell Commentary (TF2)

"I played 1000+ hours of Dota 2... And i still SUCK !" - Gabe Newell // TI 2 opening speech.
Last edited by Crumpp ; 04-15-2015 at 06:43 AM.
04-15-2015, 06:09 AM #2
Originally posted by Crumpp View Post
Lord Gaben

Nickname: Gaben

You must login or register to view this content.

Back Story:
Gabe Newell (Gaben as I will be calling him later on in this "article") dropped out of Harvard University only to spend 13 years working at Microsoft ONLY to leave to be the co-founder of Valve along with Mike Harrington, another employee who worked for Microsoft. Before leaving Microsoft, Gaben classified himself as "producer on the first three releases of Windows". Considering he was a "Microsoft Millionaire" he, along with Harrington, used his money to fund Valve through the development of Half-Life. A direct quote from Wiki ~ "During production on Half-Life 2, he spent several months focusing on the Steam project." Gaben also had his fair amount of trash talking to when he announced his displeasure of "gaming consoles" and to be particular, the play station 3. Gaben claimed that the development of the PS3 was and I quote "a waste of everybody's time" and "a disaster on many levels ... I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a do over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'."(fucking legend). Not to mention he also called Windows 8 a "catastrophe".

Why I give a shit about Gaben:
He's worth about $1.5 billion US Dollars

Joking.... About why I care about him... that's actually how much he's worth

Why everyone else gives about Gaben:
Let me just say this before I start, this is what I've heard from people in the Steam forums and my person opinion, I did not go looking for the exact facts! Thank you
Now you may be wondering "why the fuck do people even care about this guy so much, because i'm assuming i'm not the first person to mention Gaben on this forum.
Gaben is plainly a legend. He is the founding father of "https://store.steampowered.com/", which is what we PC players use to to buy games and to communicate with other PC Gamers. He made all of that. Without him, there would be a huge hold in the gaming world. He was the voice of Team Fortress 2, a game that took Valve 9 years to make (I will link Gaben's short commentary on TF2 down below with the rest of the videos). Not only that but Gaben is also a GAMER! He has spent over 1000 hours playing Dota 2! A piece of shit game! But he still played it because of it's community and all the shit that's going for it. I mean, yeah, is Gaben a money whore, for sure, but who the fuck isn't! Don't tell me you're not a money whore, everyone likes money, a lot of it, so shut you're mouth <3. Gaben may have his downs, but his ups out weigh them by literally tons... ( Winky Winky ) We PC Gamers are extremely grateful for what Gaben has done and will always love a cherish his creation... Steam, as well as Valve. Gaben actually speaks out, voices his opinion, and doesn't care what the out comes are! Yes he may have been sorry for what he said to Sony, but jack shit who cares, he was still a legend for saying, what I also believed was true. And the fact that Gaben left his remarkable job at Microsoft to create something that MIGHT HAVE FAILED is just amazing. Gaben has so many fans, just check reddit, and will always be loved by the Steam community.

Gaben is love... Gaben is life...

Excuse any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes, I typed this up fast as hell Smile

Videos of Lord Gaben

Gabe Newell Commentary (TF2)

"I played 1000+ hours of Dota 2... And i still SUCK !" - Gabe Newell // TI 2 opening speech.

That grammar...
04-15-2015, 06:40 AM #3
Crumpp
Haxor!
Originally posted by Frosty
That grammar...

I actually fixed a lot of it after you said this :P
04-15-2015, 06:46 AM #4
Code
Banned

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.