09-15-2015, 10:08 AM #1
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Being inspired by You must login or register to view this content., I decided to work on a new-classic NGU mashup that I'm naming NGU Retro. And then I went a little bit too far and ended up making a whole new footer 'cos I hate the current one.

To use this, you'll need a userscript manager and a userstyle manager. Examples for Chrome would be Tampermonkey and Stylish, examples for Firefox would be Greasemonkey and Stylish.

Version 1.3 (Sept 15, 2015)

• JB Custom Footer CSS is now provided separately You must login or register to view this content..
  • Updated userscript to generate the new footer.

So, what exactly is different?

• The new logo is changed the the 2010 era logo.
  • The background is changed to the 2010 era background.
  • The header is recolored in classic NGU colors.
  • The forum heads are recolored in classic NGU colors.
  • The footer is completely fucking remade in 300+ lines of Javascript.

You must login or register to view this content.
The NGU Retro theme

My custom footer

The footer stats for member count and post count do not update yet, unfortunately. If/when I find a decent way to do both quickly, I'll issue an update. Also note that the userscript uses a really hacky way to get the current footer using XPath - Elites/Staff may need to replace the XPath of the footer, you can get it using Intext Edit - right click on element - Copy XPath). I'll work on a better replacement for this too.

You must login or register to view this content. and the You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by JB ; 09-16-2015 at 01:45 AM.

The following 15 users say thank you to JB for this useful post:

MLB, YouAppreciateMe, Geo, Jimmy, Joren, Kryptus, Mystery, John, Adrian, ResistTheSun, RTE, Sammmmmy, Slinky, Specter
09-29-2015, 05:20 AM #11
JB
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Uh, why is users online so much wider than the width of main category in the desktop view?

Then the boxes on the bottom just look way to spread apart. Again the desktop view.

If each box is the same width, the users online is a much bigger scroll on the desktop view. Plus Outie wanted online users to have a bigger section. :p
09-29-2015, 05:22 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by JB View Post
If each box is the same width, the users online is a much bigger scroll on the desktop view. Plus Outie wanted online users to have a bigger section. :p

It just doesn't look right. I'd rather have a larger scroll than to have it look misshapen.
If anything it almost looks as though its about as wide as both boxes and in which case couldn't that just go under them? Then move the little boxes on top of the hottest forums / staff?
09-29-2015, 05:25 AM #13
JB
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
It just doesn't look right. I'd rather have a larger scroll than to have it look misshapen.
If anything it almost looks as though its about as wide as both boxes and in which case couldn't that just go under them? Then move the little boxes on top of the hottest forums / staff?

I can run the idea past Outie and see what he thinks about it. I like it as is though. :p
10-02-2015, 04:02 PM #14
Default Avatar
Bch
Originally posted by JB View Post
Being inspired by You must login or register to view this content., I decided to work on a new-classic NGU mashup that I'm naming NGU Retro. And then I went a little bit too far and ended up making a whole new footer 'cos I hate the current one.

To use this, you'll need a userscript manager and a userstyle manager. Examples for Chrome would be Tampermonkey and Stylish, examples for Firefox would be Greasemonkey and Stylish.

Version 1.3 (Sept 15, 2015)

• JB Custom Footer CSS is now provided separately You must login or register to view this content..
  • Updated userscript to generate the new footer.

So, what exactly is different?

• The new logo is changed the the 2010 era logo.
  • The background is changed to the 2010 era background.
  • The header is recolored in classic NGU colors.
  • The forum heads are recolored in classic NGU colors.
  • The footer is completely fucking remade in 300+ lines of Javascript.

The NGU Retro theme

My custom footer

The footer stats for member count and post count do not update yet, unfortunately. If/when I find a decent way to do both quickly, I'll issue an update. Also note that the userscript uses a really hacky way to get the current footer using XPath - Elites/Staff may need to replace the XPath of the footer, you can get it using Intext Edit - right click on element - Copy XPath). I'll work on a better replacement for this too.

You must login or register to view this content. and the You must login or register to view this content.

Edited the edit because i didn't like your style Sal

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
var head, style;
head = document.getElementsByTagName('head'Winky Winky[0];
if (!head) { return; }
style = document.createElement('style'Winky Winky;
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = css;
head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.jb_footer_col.scol { height: 480px !important; }'Winky Winky;
addGlobalStyle('.jb_footer_col.lcol { height: 480px !important; }'Winky Winky;
addGlobalStyle('.jb_footer_staffuser_avatar { height: 25px !important; width: 25px !important; }'Winky Winky;
addGlobalStyle('#jb_footer_staffonline a.username { font-size: 10pt !important; }'Winky Winky;
10-02-2015, 04:07 PM #15
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by Beach View Post

var head, style;
if (!head) { return; }
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = css;
head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.jb_footer_staffuser_avatar { height: 25px !important; width: 25px !important; }'Winky Winky;
addGlobalStyle('#jb_footer_staffonline a.username { font-size: 10pt !important; }'Winky Winky;

a proof that u r a leecher Cool Troll
10-02-2015, 09:08 PM #16
JB
Originally posted by Beach View Post

var head, style;
if (!head) { return; }
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = css;
head.appendChild(style);
}

I actually have a few CSS fixes for resizing in the works. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo