12-02-2011, 09:01 PM #1
chaosx6
~*`Chaos Is Power`*~
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So today I just bought an itouch and I wanted to jailbreak it. Only problem is it's on firmware 5.0. I was doing some research since I'm new to this and decided that I wanted a untethered jailbreak. I found out you need to be on 4.2.1 or lower to get that GreenPois0n jailbreak but you need SHSH saved or w/e. My question is, is there a jailbreak for 5.0 or could I use something to downgrade. Also what are your guys opinions on which jailbreak to get? Any help will be appreciated.
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM #2
Default Avatar
Cade
Originally posted by chaosx6 View Post
So today I just bought an itouch and I wanted to jailbreak it. Only problem is it's on firmware 5.0. I was doing some research since I'm new to this and decided that I wanted a untethered jailbreak. I found out you need to be on 4.2.1 or lower to get that GreenPois0n jailbreak but you need SHSH saved or w/e. My question is, is there a jailbreak for 5.0 or could I use something to downgrade. Also what are your guys opinions on which jailbreak to get? Any help will be appreciated.

First off the only available jailbreak for 5.0 is RedSn0w (tethered)

But, a hacker/developer that goes by the name of pod2g is currently working on a un-tethered jailbreak which should be out in the next couple of weeks.

So you best bet is to wait until that comes out.

The following user thanked Cade for this useful post:

cgs18
12-23-2011, 02:56 AM #3
Cubs
Next year is the year..
Originally posted by chaosx6 View Post
So today I just bought an itouch and I wanted to jailbreak it. Only problem is it's on firmware 5.0. I was doing some research since I'm new to this and decided that I wanted a untethered jailbreak. I found out you need to be on 4.2.1 or lower to get that GreenPois0n jailbreak but you need SHSH saved or w/e. My question is, is there a jailbreak for 5.0 or could I use something to downgrade. Also what are your guys opinions on which jailbreak to get? Any help will be appreciated.

you could also use a tethered until the untethered comes out
12-24-2011, 05:51 AM #4
chaosx6
~*`Chaos Is Power`*~
Yeah that's what im using right now
12-24-2011, 08:45 AM #5
Default Avatar
Lovol
Just use tethered Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo