12-23-2011, 07:21 PM #1
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); iPhone 3GS on 5.0.1 jailbroken through redsn0w. I would always take it to school and listen to music. Goes from 100% to around 50-70% in the course on one hour. Also, the phone gets hot.

Any help?
12-23-2011, 08:47 PM #2
I have literally the same problem. If we un-jailbreak would it go back to normal?
12-23-2011, 10:02 PM #3
cgs18
The Old NGU iDevice Guru
Originally posted by Alpha View Post
I have literally the same problem. If we un-jailbreak would it go back to normal?

Originally posted by Prodigyz View Post
iPhone 3GS on 5.0.1 jailbroken through redsn0w. I would always take it to school and listen to music. Goes from 100% to around 50-70% in the course on one hour. Also, the phone gets hot.

Any help?

Jailbreaking shouldn't have an effect on the phone heating up or battery loss unless u install allot of tweaks that run off the mobilesubstrate.. But restoring is always a good way to see if its a battery problem or a jailbroken problem.. I also suggest, if u restore, not to restore the backup.. That could make the battery problem reappear. I have actually heard that the 3GS's battery is starting to give people problems on all iOS's.. but mostly on iOS 5.X.X
12-23-2011, 10:28 PM #4
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!

Originally posted by cgs18 View Post
Jailbreaking shouldn't have an effect on the phone heating up or battery loss unless u install allot of tweaks that run off the mobilesubstrate.. But restoring is always a good way to see if its a battery problem or a jailbroken problem.. I also suggest, if u restore, not to restore the backup.. That could make the battery problem reappear. I have actually heard that the 3GS's battery is starting to give people problems on all iOS's.. but mostly on iOS 5.X.X

I have semi-tether installed. So whenever I see this battery drain, I just turn off my iPhone and boot in an un-jailbroken state. In this un-jailbroken state, my battery acts normally. I remember in ios5 this wasn't a problem to me at all. :/
12-23-2011, 10:54 PM #5
Originally posted by Prodigyz View Post
I have semi-tether installed. So whenever I see this battery drain, I just turn off my iPhone and boot in an un-jailbroken state. In this un-jailbroken state, my battery acts normally. I remember in ios5 this wasn't a problem to me at all. :/

Would that be available through Cydia? Happy
12-24-2011, 03:59 PM #6
ρrodigyz
Cool story bro!
Would that be available through Cydia? Happy

Here you go.

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo