01-03-2012, 07:18 PM #1
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4 white the I got last year in July for my birthday, now I had an iPhone 3G before this one and jailbreaked it and it was alot slower, I also had a ton of apps like winterboard and other app like that. So I'm a bit spectacle of jailbreaking now. So what I'm asking is what program would I need to use, what are the benefits of jailbreaking, and do's and don'ts of an iPhone 4 when it is jailbroken.

PS: its on 5.0.1
Last edited by HappyGilmore ; 01-03-2012 at 08:53 PM.
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM #2
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by rl View Post
I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4 white the I got last year in July for my birthday, now I had an iPhone 3G before this one and jailbreaked it and it was alot slower, I also had a ton of apps like winterboard and other app like that. So I'm a bit spectacle of jailbreaking now. So what I'm asking is what program would I need to use, what are the benefits of jailbreaking, and do's and don'ts of an iPhone 4 when it is jailbroken.

Can you please post the iOS the iPhone is on now? And you can do any that you want with the jailbroken iPhone, but keep it simple don't spam the iPhone with tweaks you won't use because that will cause it to be slower and laggy(sometimes)
01-03-2012, 08:33 PM #3
Millz
Worth the Weight
I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4 white the I got last year in July for my birthday, now I had an iPhone 3G before this one and jailbreaked it and it was alot slower, I also had a ton of apps like winterboard and other app like that. So I'm a bit spectacle of jailbreaking now. So what I'm asking is what program would I need to use, what are the benefits of jailbreaking, and do's and don'ts of an iPhone 4 when it is jailbroken.

Let me start by saying that I am on a Jailbroken iPhone 4 and I love it. The only real tweaks I have are Winterboard, Barrel, AndroidLock XT, Installous and some cracked apps. I do have a few other small tweaks as well. My phone runs silky smooth and hasn't really had any sort of problem so far on iOS 5.0.1 untethered.

If you jailbreak it, make sure to use RedSn0w, because I have had a terrible history with GreenPois0n, and so have most of my friends. It seems to make the device slower even if you don't install anything.

As for the ups and downs, they are pretty self explanatory. Free apps, more customization, better more efficient iDevice are just some of the few things that you will get from jailbreaking. The cons, well, you may get a 1/2 second slower device, which is true, but I think that it is really worth it. You may also get a glitchy iPhone if you install too many Cydia tweaks as they can overlap and they can cause conflict.

So overall just don't install too many cydia tweaks, and if you want your iPhone to preform almost exactly to an unJailbroken one, than keep your tweaks to around 4 or 5 at a time and you won't notice almost any difference in speed. As for battery life, I think it's completely bullshit. I have NO problems whatsoever with batter life. I still get great battery life even when I'm using Winterboard and all my tweaks at the same time
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM #4
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
Originally posted by .Coqui View Post
Can you please post the iOS the iPhone is on now? And you can do any that you want with the jailbroken iPhone, but keep it simple don't spam the iPhone with tweaks you won't use because that will cause it to be slower and laggy(sometimes)

I edited the thread.
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM #5
Coqui
Former Staff
I edited the thread.

Thanks, and you use Windows or Mac? :p
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM #6
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Let me start by saying that I am on a Jailbroken iPhone 4 and I love it. The only real tweaks I have are Winterboard, Barrel, AndroidLock XT, Installous and some cracked apps. I do have a few other small tweaks as well. My phone runs silky smooth and hasn't really had any sort of problem so far on iOS 5.0.1 untethered.

If you jailbreak it, make sure to use RedSn0w, because I have had a terrible history with GreenPois0n, and so have most of my friends. It seems to make the device slower even if you don't install anything.

As for the ups and downs, they are pretty self explanatory. Free apps, more customization, better more efficient iDevice are just some of the few things that you will get from jailbreaking. The cons, well, you may get a 1/2 second slower device, which is true, but I think that it is really worth it. You may also get a glitchy iPhone if you install too many Cydia tweaks as they can overlap and they can cause conflict.

So overall just don't install too many cydia tweaks, and if you want your iPhone to preform almost exactly to an unJailbroken one, than keep your tweaks to around 4 or 5 at a time and you won't notice almost any difference in speed. As for battery life, I think it's completely bullshit. I have NO problems whatsoever with batter life. I still get great battery life even when I'm using Winterboard and all my tweaks at the same time

See, I don't care to much about winterboard as I want need it, I just wanna have cydia on my iPhone in case I might need it for some reason. and just to get myfi or what ever its called

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Thanks, and you use Windows or Mac? :p

Windows :(
01-03-2012, 10:12 PM #7
Coqui
Former Staff
See, I don't care to much about winterboard as I want need it, I just wanna have cydia on my iPhone in case I might need it for some reason. and just to get myfi or what ever its called

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Windows :(

You must login or register to view this content. you go =D You can start in step #4 if you don't want to restore the iPhone because that will erase everything in your phone, as you can see in the tutorial it say "use it so there's no wasted space in the memory" so is not mandatory.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

PS: its on 5.0.1

You successfully jailbreak you iPhone?

The following user thanked Coqui for this useful post:

HappyGilmore
01-03-2012, 10:19 PM #8
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
You must login or register to view this content. you go =D You can start in step #4 if you don't want to restore the iPhone because that will erase everything in your phone, as you can see in the tutorial it say "use it so there's no wasted space in the memory" so is not mandatory.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

You successfully jailbreak you iPhone?

Thanks, I will bookmark that website for when I'm ready.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo