04-01-2012, 03:03 PM #1
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a 1gen iTouch, it all works fine so I don't need a new one, plus I can't really afford almost £200 for one. I can only update it to 3.3 and no more, but now a lot of apps need iOS4 to run, so you get my problem.

I seen a mod that made 3.3 look like 4, being able to have folders and things. Is there anyway I can make the device appear to be on iOS4 so I can download those apps?
04-01-2012, 05:27 PM #2
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by xinfectedsoulx View Post
I have a 1gen iTouch, it all works fine so I don't need a new one, plus I can't really afford almost £200 for one. I can only update it to 3.3 and no more, but now a lot of apps need iOS4 to run, so you get my problem.

I seen a mod that made 3.3 look like 4, being able to have folders and things. Is there anyway I can make the device appear to be on iOS4 so I can download those apps?

I think you would need to look in to some jailbreak tweaks, you probably need to have a good search on YT and find some older videos

The following user thanked Mr.Kane for this useful post:

xinfectedsoulx
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM #3
Default Avatar
WOLF
I have a 1gen iTouch, it all works fine so I don't need a new one, plus I can't really afford almost £200 for one. I can only update it to 3.3 and no more, but now a lot of apps need iOS4 to run, so you get my problem.

It's called "whited00r" firmware. You need to be jailbroken to install it. Go here You must login or register to view this content. and follow the guides to get it installed.

The following user thanked WOLF for this useful post:

xinfectedsoulx
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM #4
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
Originally posted by XxWOLFxXLeader View Post
It's called "whited00r" firmware. You need to be jailbroken to install it. Go here You must login or register to view this content. and follow the guides to get it installed.

I've looked onto Whited00r but it only changes the looks so you can have some of the same features such as folders and multitasking. Apparently it doesn't change the firmware to 4, or make it appear to change the firmware to 4. I don't think it can be done.
04-02-2012, 01:37 PM #5
Default Avatar
WOLF
I've looked onto Whited00r but it only changes the looks so you can have some of the same features such as folders and multitasking. Apparently it doesn't change the firmware to 4, or make it appear to change the firmware to 4. I don't think it can be done.

If all you want is the features then what is the problem? And yes it can be done. Just try it. I know what I'm talking about.
04-03-2012, 12:19 PM #6
xinfectedsoulx
Daddy's home.
Originally posted by XxWOLFxXLeader View Post
If all you want is the features then what is the problem? And yes it can be done. Just try it. I know what I'm talking about.

I want apps that only support iOS4 without having to spend £200 on a new iPod. I'll try it when I have a little more time.
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM #7
Default Avatar
WOLF
I want apps that only support iOS4 without having to spend £200 on a new iPod. I'll try it when I have a little more time.

Well in all honesty I think this will allow newer apps. THINK. Not 100% sure.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo