05-08-2012, 03:59 AM #1
Immunity_44
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently bought a factory restored iPhone4 Running iOS 5.0 And its a pain Trying to Jailbreak 5.0 And the ones i have tried have failed. So im trying to restore via iTunes With a downloaded iOS (iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore) It's GMA or whatever AT&T runs on. And its the correct iOS for my phone. But when i go to restore via iTunes, I get an error message (3194) I have tried to use TinyUmbrella, Even changing the host file in system32>etc But the problem with that is my computer denies access when i try to save (#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) at the end of the host file. Witch was supposed to be a fix for this problem. But i have been looking around the net for 3 days and nothing. So im coming here to good ol' nextgen. Hope there is something i can do! Dont be afraid to ask me info if i have failed to give what you need.

- Jonny
05-08-2012, 04:18 AM #2
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Originally posted by 44 View Post
I recently bought a factory restored iPhone4 Running iOS 5.0 And its a pain Trying to Jailbreak 5.0 And the ones i have tried have failed. So im trying to restore via iTunes With a downloaded iOS (iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore) It's GMA or whatever AT&T runs on. And its the correct iOS for my phone. But when i go to restore via iTunes, I get an error message (3194) I have tried to use TinyUmbrella, Even changing the host file in system32>etc But the problem with that is my computer denies access when i try to save (#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) at the end of the host file. Witch was supposed to be a fix for this problem. But i have been looking around the net for 3 days and nothing. So im coming here to good ol' nextgen. Hope there is something i can do! Dont be afraid to ask me info if i have failed to give what you need.

- Jonny

Have you tried putting it in DFU mode, and resetting from there?
05-08-2012, 04:29 AM #3
Immunity_44
Bounty hunter
Yes, Closest i have gotten was with TinyUmbrella. And with that i bypassed the 3194 Error and got Error 11.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Originally posted by ghostbear View Post
Have you tried putting it in DFU mode, and resetting from there?

Forgot to quote. But i cant find anything on a working restore that i want :-/

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Oh, And This may work for me but i dont have the time to spend another 4 hours downloading another ipsw. This guys said he found one online that was made and signed by Apple to work. He links it in his post. You must login or register to view this content.
05-08-2012, 04:31 AM #4
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Yes, Closest i have gotten was with TinyUmbrella. And with that i bypassed the 3194 Error and got Error 11.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Forgot to quote. But i cant find anything on a working restore that i want :-/

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Oh, And This may work for me but i dont have the time to spend another 4 hours downloading another ipsw. This guys said he found one online that was made and signed by Apple to work. He links it in his post. You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content. This site give instruction on dfu mode, I am not familiar with tinyumbrella.
05-08-2012, 04:46 AM #5
Immunity_44
Bounty hunter
You must login or register to view this content. This site give instruction on dfu mode, I am not familiar with tinyumbrella.

I know how to put it into DFU mode. The problem I am having is i can't get the phone to restore to a specified iOS. And im encountering this 3194 error. TinyUmbrella Makes it to when iTunes connects to Apple to see if the ispw has the appl signature it redirects to The Cydia server to bypass the original error.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

In other words yes. I have tried that man times. I have even tried the PWND DFU mode. Witch is provided by Redsn0w.
05-08-2012, 04:52 AM #6
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
I know how to put it into DFU mode. The problem I am having is i can't get the phone to restore to a specified iOS. And im encountering this 3194 error. TinyUmbrella Makes it to when iTunes connects to Apple to see if the ispw has the appl signature it redirects to The Cydia server to bypass the original error.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

In other words yes. I have tried that man times. I have even tried the PWND DFU mode. Witch is provided by Redsn0w.

This is beyond my knowledge on that then.I have checked out the websites you prob already seen, and you have done everything they have. Sorry, seems I cannot be of much help.

The following user thanked ghostbear for this useful post:

Immunity_44
05-08-2012, 04:54 AM #7
Immunity_44
Bounty hunter
This is beyond my knowledge on that then.I have checked out the websites you prob already seen, and you have done everything they have. Sorry, seems I cannot be of much help.

Well ill Just sit and wait. Thanks Anyway! :-/

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo