08-23-2011, 07:36 PM #1
FoxkaZ
Retired Super
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is open for all forms of trophy trading discussions. Keep anything directly trophy related in the trophy discussion section. In here we can discuss, debate and help each other with trophy trading related issues.

Flaming, heated arguments, spam, provoking, and any other form of name calling and being rude in general is not tolerated in this thread.

The following 12 users say thank you to FoxkaZ for this useful post:

abo_hodiban, androelcubano, AyeeLG, Drug, Fuskiee, M4CarbineSin, Man of Steel, MysticDragon, ShadowSoldier36, ThatEpicSomeone, Wosley, Yuki_240sx
08-28-2011, 07:19 PM #47
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
I support Foxkaz's point. Him and other moderators have done an excellent job in updating the trustworthy list consistently. Example, I voted for a new member to be put on Level 3, I simply asked a mod (Liam) and the member was added within minutes. Yes I do think the repeated listing of names should be corrected, and the scammers should be removed. However, it just simply takes too much time and effort. I may just be burnt out on this section or trophy trading in general, but we need to remember it is just for valueless images on our psn accounts. No need for us to get all upset or what not. If you are really that concerned on who is on your account, then follow Sony's TOS/User Agreement and abide by it by not allowing other users on your account. Simple as that.

The following user thanked Gotham_Shadow for this useful post:

D-Rock1
08-29-2011, 10:33 AM #48
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
Yes i agree there. This has been a long and tiring debate. I see that a new section specific list be ideal but the staff here have a job to do also. They want uniformity and smooth functioning. When this section starts getting special treatment, they will have ti justify it to other sections too for their section specific stuff.

Decisions like these cant be taken at a whim and have to handled by admin, who have the job to make the bigger changes to sites. The suggestion has been put on the siggestion thread, and we just have to wait for the decision. I think by going on and on about, we might spoil the case for ourselves.

Yes there have been scams, but surely section-specific trusted thread wouldnt have made it go away. It was the people who trusted army guy inspite of knowing he was fairly new. Members have been here long time and have seen various scams throught their times. Inspite of this, people choose to just jump onto new people without taking precautions that they should be aware of. This cant be blamed on the official list or thread list in this section.

We all need to be wary and talk to the most experienced members here, if you got doubts. At the end of the day, many people forget using basic safety rules when they see good deals. If we keep the temptations at bay, then we can all be much more safe. Its NOT all to do with section-specific trusted list.

The following 3 users say thank you to D-Rock1 for this useful post:

-J-, jedt, MysticDragon
08-29-2011, 10:57 AM #49
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Originally posted by Rock1 View Post
Its NOT all to do with section-specific trusted list.

Finally D-Rock comes back to the Trophy Trading Section...

Well presented and articulated points, we do have to take more precautions when dealing with members, simply jumping at what looks like a great deal should be more considered.

I take the point that other sections would suggest we'd get special treatment but you have to consider the high level of repeat business this section brings and the sensitivity of deals - cash and peoples psn accounts.

While having a trophy trusted list is no guarantee of blocking out scams, with the last 2 lists it seemed to have helped, people didn't want to get associated with scamming in such a public way. What Army and now CallmeKaos have successfully done is slip through the public glare without disrupting their trustworthiness and pull off a number of Scams.

The following user thanked jedt for this useful post:

-J-
08-29-2011, 11:19 AM #50
M4CarbineSin
Gaming Prodigy
Originally posted by jedt View Post
Finally D-Rock comes back to the Trophy Trading Section...

Well presented and articulated points, we do have to take more precautions when dealing with members, simply jumping at what looks like a great deal should be more considered.

I take the point that other sections would suggest we'd get special treatment but you have to consider the high level of repeat business this section brings and the sensitivity of deals - cash and peoples psn accounts.

While having a trophy trusted list is no guarantee of blocking out scams, with the last 2 lists it seemed to have helped, people didn't want to get associated with scamming in such a public way. What Army and now CallmeKaos have successfully done is slip through the public glare without disrupting their trustworthiness and pull off a number of Scams.

callmekaos is a scammer? i bought a couple ps3 games off him like 3 weeks ago and i got those in the mail the following week??
08-29-2011, 11:33 AM #51
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
Thanks for the welcome mate. Just life is bit chaotic at present, will tell u when I chat with u on msn. I have barely been able to catch up with anyone.

I understand your reasonings for trophy trusted list here , but all am saying is I understand why staff havent implemented it quickly. Having been site staff twice before, I would have hesitated myself. Any decision like this can have a lot of repercussions and work for staff members. And though are work is different to other ssections, the members here are severely less in numbers compared to other sections. Atleast we have foxkas who has done trophy trading before, so can understand stuff. But I can imagine him to be only 1 new staff voice in a plethora of staff members.

Because our numbers are less, I see why we dont get heard quickly enough...

In the meantime, we all should talk to each other about new people...communication is key here. As far as am concerned, army nd callmekaos scams could have only been avoided by people themselves by taking precautions and not by trusted list.

At the.end of the day, that have to do a handful of quick good deals here...woukd have been listed trusted here too and then they could have scammed same way.

Because ultimately people will be scammed , and thats the only way a trusted list would know who is a scammer.

The following user thanked D-Rock1 for this useful post:

FoxkaZ
08-29-2011, 12:05 PM #52
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Originally posted by M4CarbineSin View Post
callmekaos is a scammer? i bought a couple ps3 games off him like 3 weeks ago and i got those in the mail the following week??

Afraid so:
You must login or register to view this content.

Atleast we have foxkas who has done trophy trading before, so can understand stuff. But I can imagine him to be only 1 new staff voice in a plethora of staff members.

In the meantime, we all should talk to each other about new people...communication is key here. As far as am concerned, army nd callmekaos scams could have only been avoided by people themselves by taking precautions and not by trusted list.

You're spot on mate, communicating with one another is vital...hopefully people will use this thread if they have any concerns over other members.
08-29-2011, 12:21 PM #53
Originally posted by jedt View Post
Afraid so:

You're spot on mate, communicating with one another is vital...hopefully people will use this thread if they have any concerns over other members.

I feel the Pain of Being Scammed, Its feels like a Pin, has been Pushed into your Eye very slowly. blups3 Has had it hard, i think its the second time a scammer has ruined his time at NGU, the first was a Mistake Message about me, but that a total different story. I say its time something is done. Money is hard to come by this days, and when some one scams you for your $ its sucks big time, I hope Jet or one of the big trophy guys does something, this is ****ing Ridiculous.
08-29-2011, 12:25 PM #54
MysticDragon
Legend of the South....
Yes i agree there. This has been a long and tiring debate. I see that a new section specific list be ideal but the staff here have a job to do also. They want uniformity and smooth functioning. When this section starts getting special treatment, they will have ti justify it to other sections too for their section specific stuff.

Decisions like these cant be taken at a whim and have to handled by admin, who have the job to make the bigger changes to sites. The suggestion has been put on the siggestion thread, and we just have to wait for the decision. I think by going on and on about, we might spoil the case for ourselves.

Yes there have been scams, but surely section-specific trusted thread wouldnt have made it go away. It was the people who trusted army guy inspite of knowing he was fairly new. Members have been here long time and have seen various scams throught their times. Inspite of this, people choose to just jump onto new people without taking precautions that they should be aware of. This cant be blamed on the official list or thread list in this section.

We all need to be wary and talk to the most experienced members here, if you got doubts. At the end of the day, many people forget using basic safety rules when they see good deals. If we keep the temptations at bay, then we can all be much more safe. Its NOT all to do with section-specific trusted list.

funny you said that....i was watching people shops to where he posted he wanted this and that and finally when he had the balls to come to me i told him i required a "nonrefundable" deposit (but even though i started on a dummy account and managed to get up to 25%) i didnt sync and he backed out and calm that he didnt want it. talking about his car broke down and he had to drop $800 in it but on the other hand i noticed he bought a few plats from some of you all a couple of days after it. i didnt swear it, it was whatever to me....but from then i knew that i wouldnt be doing no business with ever again
08-29-2011, 07:54 PM #55
clitwub
Everybody Loves CLIT!!!!
Originally posted by UnspokenDream View Post
I feel the Pain of Being Scammed, Its feels like a Pin, has been Pushed into your Eye very slowly. blups3 Has had it hard, i think its the second time a scammer has ruined his time at NGU, the first was a Mistake Message about me, but that a total different story. I say its time something is done. Money is hard to come by this days, and when some one scams you for your $ its sucks big time, I hope Jet or one of the big trophy guys does something, this is ****ing Ridiculous.

yeah i had a $210 dollar pin, stuck right in my a$$
scamming will happen again, trust me....
ichigo was unfortunate when he "lost" his account to some scumbag (fortunately he got it back)
i was seriously going to quit trophy trading cos of that pr!ck, but then i thought, why should i walk away because of him?

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
I support Foxkaz's point. Him and other moderators have done an excellent job in updating the trustworthy list consistently. Example, I voted for a new member to be put on Level 3, I simply asked a mod (Liam) and the member was added within minutes. Yes I do think the repeated listing of names should be corrected, and the scammers should be removed. However, it just simply takes too much time and effort. I may just be burnt out on this section or trophy trading in general, but we need to remember it is just for valueless images on our psn accounts. No need for us to get all upset or what not. If you are really that concerned on who is on your account, then follow Sony's TOS/User Agreement and abide by it by not allowing other users on your account. Simple as that.

lol, ive pm'ed sooooo many mods to be put on the trustworthy list, and im not even listed on there!!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo