01-19-2017, 10:46 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Everytime I start playing MW3 my system will shut off and the power light will blink Red. I have tried playing the game from both the Drive and the Disc and I get the same problem. It might take 2 hours to shut off, or it might be when the first game starts. Can anyone help me solve this problem?
01-22-2017, 08:39 AM #20
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
is your PS3 over heating?

UPDATE on this issue**** MW3 will let me play offline Survival Mode without shutting down. I just played for two hours straight. my temps are below 60 degrees...... both online and offline though, but it seems the system shut off only happens when I am playing Online games with MW3 Does this help to narrow down the problem?
Last edited by Conspiritus ; 01-22-2017 at 05:48 PM.
01-22-2017, 08:40 AM #21
Originally posted by Vie View Post
The only way that you can lose your CFW is by updating the firmware. All that this is doing is rebuilding the database, so you won't lose your firmware. Has this always happened, or is it a new issue? Have you messed with any settings in Rebug Toolbox, Debug Settings MultiMan ect. ? If so, depending on what it is, you might want to try reverting those changes.

UPDATE on this issue**** MW3 will let me play offline Survival Mode without shutting down. I just played for two hours straight. my temps are below 60 degrees...... both online and offline though, but it seems the system shut off only happens when I am playing Online games with it. Does this help to narrow down the problem?
01-22-2017, 10:41 PM #22
Vie
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Conspiritus View Post
UPDATE on this issue**** MW3 will let me play offline Survival Mode without shutting down. I just played for two hours straight. my temps are below 60 degrees...... both online and offline though, but it seems the system shut off only happens when I am playing Online games with it. Does this help to narrow down the problem?

Is it a physical copy, or is it a backup of your game or torrent? Does this happen on other games, or just MW3? Do you get an overheat warning from Webman (If you have it)?
01-22-2017, 11:03 PM #23
I have both a HDD version ripped from the disc and I physical disc. My temps never go above 60 degrees. It hasn't happened with BO2.
01-22-2017, 11:04 PM #24
Is it a physical copy, or is it a backup of your game or torrent? Does this happen on other games, or just MW3? Do you get an overheat warning from Webman (If you have it)?

I do have webman. I have both a HDD version ripped from the disc and I physical disc. My temps never go above 60 degrees. It hasn't happened with BO2.
01-22-2017, 11:06 PM #25
320g hard drive, webman, Rebug toolbox, mm, ps3 ninja. Are what I'm working with.
01-23-2017, 12:07 AM #26
Vie
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Conspiritus View Post
I do have webman. I have both a HDD version ripped from the disc and I physical disc. My temps never go above 60 degrees. It hasn't happened with BO2.

Does your physical disk do the same thing? Is it possible that you are running some mods that could crash your PS3? Otherwise, I'de try reinstalling the game because, it could be corrupted.
01-23-2017, 12:25 AM #27
Does your physical disk do the same thing? Is it possible that you are running some mods that could crash your PS3? Otherwise, I'de try reinstalling the game because, it could be corrupted.

It does it whether I have mods loaded or not. I bought another disc today. I'm gonna delete the game saves and install this one and update it and see what happens next. When MW3 first came out, the graphic intensive play was doing the same thing to OFW users.... But those were Fat and I have a slim, and they supposedly made a patch to correct that in the updates. But the problem they describe is identical. As if the system doesn't have enough processing power.
01-23-2017, 12:27 AM #28

It does it whether I have mods loaded or not. I bought another disc today. I'm gonna delete the game saves and install this one and update it and see what happens next. When MW3 first came out, the graphic intensive play was doing the same thing to OFW users.... But those were Fat and I have a slim, and they supposedly made a patch to correct that in the updates. But the problem they describe is identical. As if the system doesn't have enough processing power.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo