02-01-2011, 01:32 AM #1
mramato12
Go Steelers!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is there any possible way to do this? I know I myself couldn't do it but I am curious to see if anyone has, or can put Minecraft on a PS3 for emulation, like through a homebrew or something...It'd obviously have to be a jailbreak thing but I am wondering cause that'd be cool cause I can not always use my computer, (parents are split up).

Thanks for any replies guys.
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM #29
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by BirryPan View Post
The ps3 does not have enough power to generate that many blocks. It would be near impossible to port a pc game to ps3, so a ps3 version would have to be made from scratch. Notch would sue your ass if you did this anyway.

The ps3 is considered a super commputer. You would do chunk generation. You dont know what you are talking about, this would be pretty easy to port.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Originally posted by One View Post
Did you not watch the PlayB3yond commercials??!?!

The PS3 is a very powerful machine, it has an 8-core cell processor. MineCraft uses very little RAM as well, because it is quite efficient in its map loading system. It simply stores the map in chunks, but you don't seem aware of that, have you tried to hack the game or even play it?

My PC is running on an AMD Phenom II 1055T x6 Processor and 8 GB RAM. I was able to run MC at max settings with about 100fps, while rendering a video (which takes up 85-90% of my RAM).

If RAM ever became an issue the PS3 could always just rely on its graphics card to power the BEAST that is Minecraft and its BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT blocks....

When Porting it to ps3 and using OpenGL, just use VBO's. They only use the GPU not the Ram or CPU.
02-05-2011, 04:46 AM #30
mramato12
Go Steelers!
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
Just remake it for ps3! C++, OpenGL ES, and the ps3 SDK. Or psl1ght

lolz, sure!...I will! If only I knew ANYTHING about programming hahah.
02-05-2011, 05:40 AM #31
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by jamato24 View Post
lolz, sure!...I will! If only I knew ANYTHING about programming hahah.

Ya, a programmer would have to remake it..
02-05-2011, 05:42 AM #32
liufa
Bounty hunter
if it is youd probrolly need some kind of CFW
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM #33
mramato12
Go Steelers!
Originally posted by liufa View Post
if it is youd probrolly need some kind of CFW

Yeah I know, I'm on CFW 3.55 which is why I was asking, cause it would be badass..
02-22-2011, 01:32 AM #34
:dingding:i dont know much about processers or ram BUT i want minecraft on my ps3
02-22-2011, 02:08 PM #35
hoppy817
Do a barrel roll!
That would be amazing! Two of the best things to ever happen to this earth, working together!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo