Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
07-24-2014, 04:30 PM #83
gamer89117
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Toke View Post
They get more jaggies, but the resolution and frame rates stay the same, they just smooth them out and fool you into thinking they are better and go play a original game game like Motorstorm it has a hell of a lot less jaggies then cod ghosts and far cry 3 and GTA V

you are the exact type of person i talked about in my first reply. you are a hardcore pc gamer and you dont understand that console gaming is an experience in itself. get out of your tunnel vision bro. dont get me wrong, i pc game too and i love pc gaming because yes, you can have amazing graphics and there is an unlimited amount of games, but using a console is just something that will always feel better to me.
07-24-2014, 06:02 PM #84
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by gamer89117 View Post
you are the exact type of person i talked about in my first reply. you are a hardcore pc gamer and you dont understand that console gaming is an experience in itself. get out of your tunnel vision bro. dont get me wrong, i pc game too and i love pc gaming because yes, you can have amazing graphics and there is an unlimited amount of games, but using a console is just something that will always feel better to me.

I'm not a hardcore PC gamer actually and you can make PC feel like a console as well PC can feel like whatever you want it too feel like weither you want to sit in front of 3 screens or on a couch in front of a PC with a controller or keyboard and mouse
07-24-2014, 08:02 PM #85
Angel.
Banned
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $475 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

UPDATED BUILDYou must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

Console gamers want simplicity. If you know nothing about computers, you can kiss PC gaming goodbye.
E.G. BF4 on PS4 - Put disc in, update, play.

BF4 on PC - Disc in, install, gotta jump through PunkBitch hoops, gotta set up punkbuster so they both run at same time (99% of the time you have to switch it yourself) then you'll be lucky to get into a game right away and be on your merry way.

Also most people find it 1000% more complex to use a keyboard and mouse over a controller. I mean, I prefer keyboard and mouse but whatever. :p

P.S. Mind if I put this in my sig?
07-24-2014, 09:09 PM #86
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Griffin View Post
I don't particularly care what they do to make the graphics better, all i know is games have come a hell of a long way since the launch games in 2006 and to deny that is stupid. You'd also expect to see less jaggies in a more simple racing game such as the original motorstorm than more complex games that pretty take the consoles hardware to the max. Although i don't really notice the jaggies and neither does anyone i play on console with so it's hardly a problem. Besides it should be less of an issue on ps4.

Framerate over looks imo.
Shame most devs think looks are more important.
08-01-2014, 01:07 AM #87
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Framerate over looks imo.
Shame most devs think looks are more important.

And another thing looked over is simplicity alot of newer games mostly shooters just add so much extra dumb shit and don't realise the best games are the most stripped down and basic like counter strike and pre mw2 cods
08-01-2014, 05:12 AM #88
owens12
Gym leader
I miss vbux
08-01-2014, 07:22 AM #89
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Having made the switch, I cannot stress to make the switch enough.

It's hard to get used to KB/M at first, but once you do it's glorious. Highly recommend switching.

I've had my PC for little over a month now, and since the day I built my PC (VERY SIMPLE TO DO) I aint turned my PS4 on.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Toke
08-24-2014, 07:22 AM #90
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $475 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

we are the best we are the elite we are the master race
08-24-2014, 01:01 PM #91
Coca-Cola
You talkin to me?

Look man I know you adore the pc race but at the end of the day some people just want to switch on their console and play using a simple controller. Not everyone wants to switch on a pc, load a driver for controller, fuck with graphic setting, overclocking etc. Too much for someone. I agree with your post but like I said, not everyone wants a pc, too much.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo