01-14-2015, 02:23 AM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Amid the new 2 month delay of GTA V for pc they released more information. And some of it i dont like.
1. 65gb...... holy fuck thats a pig bitch of a game. Add some mods and it could touch 80-100gb
2.Denuvo DRM. Yep sweet dreams potential pirates.
3. No 32bit support. So if u dont got at least 6gb of ram no gta for u
4. Since its so big load times will be long even for a ssd.
5. Its a year and a half after first realease. If they cared about pc it would have came out that year not all this time later.
6.they found dx10 files in xbox version... we all know what means
This delay is just more time for the consoles to make more money and more time for console suckers to buy those gtao money packs which make the overpricing apple does look not that bad
Last edited by Toke ; 01-14-2015 at 02:32 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

digitalgangster, Nick

The following user groaned Toke for this awful post:

Uncertain
01-16-2015, 08:45 PM #11
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Kek, I remember when barely anybody or any software had 64 bit support. Now its going live. Imo 32 bit needs to die, its time, we've pushed it as far as it can go. However, as far as that goes, I also know many people that still run 32bit which I cannot stress enough to them that its time to make the jump.

As to GTA V as a whole, I know that I'm not going to buy it right away. Not yet atleast, I am very cautious this time around. Game Size is surprising, but I'm not worried as HDD space shouldn't be a problem for most and even if that is the case, HDDs aren't really all that expensive. It is a bandwidth killer though, will take me atleast a full day to download the game(Are they doing pre-downloading/whatever it is called?). I know for my internet that I'm lucky for it to only be that. So, like most anticipated games,t we simply have to sit back and see what they bring us. I am hoping that Rockstar learned their lesson.

Fun Fact: When I built my rig I accidentally installed a 32bit version of Windows 7 :fa:
01-16-2015, 09:27 PM #12
Millz
Worth the Weight
I know why I won't like it,

It's rockstar making a PC game tears
01-25-2015, 03:13 AM #13
Originally posted by I
Amid the new 2 month delay of GTA V for pc they released more information. And some of it i dont like.
1. 65gb...... holy fuck thats a pig bitch of a game. Add some mods and it could touch 80-100gb
2.Denuvo DRM. Yep sweet dreams potential pirates.
3. No 32bit support. So if u dont got at least 6gb of ram no gta for u
4. Since its so big load times will be long even for a ssd.
5. Its a year and a half after first realease. If they cared about pc it would have came out that year not all this time later.
6.they found dx10 files in xbox version... we all know what means
This delay is just more time for the consoles to make more money and more time for console suckers to buy those gtao money packs which make the overpricing apple does look not that bad

average texture using dxt1/dxt5 is around 1-5mb if its uncompressed and several sizes per texture your gonna be looking at probably close to 20gbs of textures another 10/15 in models and the rest is everything else. its sweet its gonna use denuvo fuck pirates , 32bit support should have went out when 64bit was designed and 6gb ram should be standard with the fore statement being said fuck all those ppl who wont upgrade they are just holding us back from pushing current hardware.The dx10 files most likely mean dx10 game with 11 extensions through dll files so performance will varry which blows
01-29-2015, 09:45 PM #14
I'm still waiting for this Steam profile link.
01-29-2015, 09:53 PM #15
koekblik2
Do a barrel roll!
lel i mod ma money
02-05-2015, 01:38 AM #16
nAb PwNeR
Save Point
So what

Look at gta iv and the shit it went through...still going tbh

Why get worked up for something we know is gonna have problems. Be happy they are even porting THIS EARLY.
I remembered when I was sitting with no console waiting for gta iv only to find out I needed to buy more ram and a higher end gpu after I installed the game and it told me I couldnt play it.

Okay 60gb for a game like gta v is reasonable...why u think everyone had to wait for a port to the current gen consoles...its a big game.

I will buy it at release and tbh I dont think it will be that bad...as along as R* learned from Gta IV
02-10-2015, 12:39 AM #17
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Let's Break this down.

1. 4k Textures, that's probably where most of that file size is coming from. This isn't new and I don't understand why people are bitching about it. Titan Fall was 50GB for "uncompressed audio" that sounded no different then compressed sound.
2. Pretty sure that was already cracked with Dragon age. In either case I could careless, I don't pirate games.
3. Good 32bit needs to go. I can't think of any machine that you can buy even at a store at this point that comes with a pre-installed version of windows 32 bit. No reason to treat the PC like a console and only program for obsolete hardware / Operating systems.
4.Again I don't think you've played any games recently. I've played games with a massive file size on a mechanical drive and the load times were quick.
5. It's rockstar, this isn't new with them.
6. Yea it's a port, mind blowing right?

Gotta stand behind my boy on this one.

I'm excited for it, however I won't be pre-ordering it. I want to wait to see if it's a shitty port, or optimized. Hopefully they learned from GTA IV.

As for the install size, I'll uninstall GTA IV when I get GTA V and a version of LCPDFR (which I'm sure will be called something different), ELS, and a trainer is released for it.

Until then I'm going to keep getting money modded to me on the PS3 version to take to the PC version (yes this is 100% possible, already looked into it).
02-25-2015, 01:26 AM #18
One
At least I can fight
is this even out yet :|
02-26-2015, 01:09 AM #19
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Optimization!

Still doubts about Rockstar getting this right some hints the game is likely to be better or great on PC hardware of all ranges.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo