11-05-2012, 03:53 AM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello I'm ToKiiNz me and my friend Millz59 are here to show you how much a desktop pc you buy in a store actually cost to build. you will be surprised we are going to do media computers and gaming computers.

[multipage= Lenovo IdeaCentre]

Its a attractive looking 1000$ desktop pc it features high end componets but is it worth $1000?
You must login or register to view this content.

The cost to actually build this PC at home = $756.91+ taxes and shipping
Parts

[multipage= Dell XPS]

The Dell XPS desktop pc is great choice for internet browsing and doing lighter media work its capable for future upgrades and is a solid choice for $750, but is it worth it?You must login or register to view this content.

The Cost to actually build this PC at home =$540.92+ taxes and shipping
Parts

Also since you can't buy the graphics card in the Dell XPS we added the next closest thing. a even more powerful radeon 7750 graphics card.

[multipage= CyberPower Zeus Thunder]
The CyberPowerPC Zeus Thunder is a wolf in sheep's cloth. This thing will own battlefield 3 and any other game you want it to but is it worth the 2000$ price tag? You must login or register to view this content.

The Cost to actually build this PC = $1,589.89+tax and shipping
Parts

also instead of the cheap crappy gaming keyboard and mouse you get with the prebuilt i add a mouse and keyboard that real pc gamers would use

[multipage=Notes]

These are just examples i'm not saying all prebuilt PCs are bad and if your just a internet user a laptop works great but i like a big screen as many people so i use desktops and please laptops arn't good for gaming media work unless u have to use it they overheat and arn't as powerful and all the pcs don't include a OS most people pirate but if not add 100$ to get a copy of win7 or win8. I wanna thank Millz59 for the help with this thread

The following 2 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

Lovol, Millz
11-06-2012, 05:04 PM #11
Interesting thread, thank you!
11-08-2012, 10:57 PM #12
Originally posted by ToKiiNz View Post
Hello I'm ToKiiNz me and my friend Millz59 are here to show you how much a desktop pc you buy in a store actually cost to build. you will be surprised we are going to do media computers and gaming computers.

[multipage= Lenovo IdeaCentre]

Its a attractive looking 1000$ desktop pc it features high end componets but is it worth $1000?

The cost to actually build this PC at home = $756.91+ taxes and shipping
Parts

[multipage= Dell XPS]

The Dell XPS desktop pc is great choice for internet browsing and doing lighter media work its capable for future upgrades and is a solid choice for $750, but is it worth it?You must login or register to view this content.

The Cost to actually build this PC at home =$540.92+ taxes and shipping
Parts

Also since you can't buy the graphics card in the Dell XPS we added the next closest thing. a even more powerful radeon 7750 graphics card.

[multipage= CyberPower Zeus Thunder]
The CyberPowerPC Zeus Thunder is a wolf in sheep's cloth. This thing will own battlefield 3 and any other game you want it to but is it worth the 2000$ price tag? You must login or register to view this content.

The Cost to actually build this PC = $1,589.89+tax and shipping
Parts

also instead of the cheap crappy gaming keyboard and mouse you get with the prebuilt i add a mouse and keyboard that real pc gamers would use

[multipage=Notes]

These are just examples i'm not saying all prebuilt PCs are bad and if your just a internet user a laptop works great but i like a big screen as many people so i use desktops and please laptops arn't good for gaming media work unless u have to use it they overheat and arn't as powerful and all the pcs don't include a OS most people pirate but if not add 100$ to get a copy of win7 or win8. I wanna thank Millz59 for the help with this thread

dell xps 8500 uses a seagate hdd for one the motherboard is a h77 if i remember which is custom made from dell with 2 sata 3 ports , 2 msata 1 pci expressx16 ,and 4 x1 im pretty sure also uses a micro atx case no mid tower . the hdd is a 32mb cache as well. oh and im stating this from a higher end one that i purchased for what comes in it i wouldnt go as far as its worth it but worth it more then most other pre built computers you will find. psu is 460watt ,ram is 1600mhz amount varies , ram would be cheaper to buy at local store then from dell

You must login or register to view this content. front panel on the third computer if you find a after market panel like this thats not custom designed id really be suprised
Last edited by Alexis Rhodes ; 11-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM #13
ⒿⒺⒷⓇⓄ
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Companies do not acquire the parts at the same price consumers do. Realistically a PC that they sell for $700 would only cost them $300. The parts that you buy from Newegg are acquired by Dell and whatnot for a fraction of that price. This is because

1) Buy them in bulk
2) They probably have contracts and whatnot similar to what Microsoft has going with Activision that they will use Intel only CPU's and AMD only GPU's or whatever.
3) The profit is distributed evenly. Everyone wins.

They make large amounts of profit, it's just just one or two hundred dollars more. Building a PC yourself is obviously the way to go. It's not the case of them making profit, it's that they make huge ones.

I currently work at this company You must login or register to view this content. they let us order stuff from stock at low prices anytime a big shipment is made. I got this processor You must login or register to view this content. at 120€ price:S

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo