Post: Kill Your Console Switch To PC (Updated : Christmas 2017)
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $600 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended. If you want a cheaper one feel free to ask

UPDATED BUILD
You must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

There's many more pros to be listed but I don't want this thread to be too long
Last edited by Toke ; 11-16-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Christmas 2017 Update

The following 77 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Hammy, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ, One, A75G, Agent Beast, MLB, BaumHF1, BGPHDModZz, Blaze Modding, ChefHOU, Cien, Gemi, Crumpp, Crunk, Cryptic, Insight, DJR_Supreme, DoctorSatan, Rath, Exploited, Fixed Username, frankval323, Gay For Satan, Geo, Glittery Penis Skittle, Hadenkin, HaTeRM4NR33T, HighModzz, SQUID-EYE, IamKern, ResistTheJamsha, Je Modz, jerrmy12, Joel, JrModz, Karisma, kciN, Deleted-User0000000012210, M-alShammary, moekroeman, Oklahoma, OtagoFlames, Pewp, PPx7temp, punkybear2102, ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun, Rick, ROCKY_southpaw, Saint Goofy, SataQ, SC58, Sheldon Cooper, Silent Assassin, Sir Zee, Slinky, Specter, Tears, TheLastHelmet, Ciri, Tyler, Vectriixx, Vince, xkoeckiiej, xLew--, xRaay
08-26-2014, 03:12 PM #101
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Cola View Post
Because at the time. I played ps3 and was used to their controller hence if a pc gamer is used to a ps3 controller why buy an xbox controller? Or why would they buy one in the first place, don't talk logic. Besides people buy and do different things, so maybe a pc gamer would buy a ps3 controller, personally I prefer the ps3 controller over xbox.

Where did I mention shitbox controller? Logitech makes ps2 styled controllers for far less money. Most people who play pc games aren't doing it with a ps3 controller. (Actually most don't use controllers because they are so much slower anyways) Yes it's an option if you own one but seeing how it's proprietary , yes you would need a driver and in this case it makes sense. It's like buying a ps2 controller for the ps3 and bitching it doesnt work. You have to get an adaptor. In this case a driver and it's free. However ps4 controller does work out of the box which for those who care for it, is nice.
08-26-2014, 06:03 PM #102
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Where did I mention shitbox controller? Logitech makes ps2 styled controllers for far less money. Most people who play pc games aren't doing it with a ps3 controller. (Actually most don't use controllers because they are so much slower anyways) Yes it's an option if you own one but seeing how it's proprietary , yes you would need a driver and in this case it makes sense. It's like buying a ps2 controller for the ps3 and bitching it doesnt work. You have to get an adaptor. In this case a driver and it's free. However ps4 controller does work out of the box which for those who care for it, is nice.

8.1 and 9 or whatever else comes out also has native Xbox one support if you truely need a controller
08-29-2014, 01:14 AM #103
Angel.
Banned
Originally posted by BabeRuthBar View Post
I've never had any issues with punkbusters, it sets itself up when you do the initial install of the game. In terms of KB/M once you get used to it, which doesn't take much since it eventually becomes muscle memory and you'll enjoy the experience tenfold.

Lucky you, I had issues with BF3 and BF4, took me a few hours to just set it all up and play. My friends had same issues when they first got it, of course they had me to help them fix what was wrong.. KB/M playing I actually like a lot more. I play a lot better with a controller, but I can do so much more with the mouse surprisingly.

It's just the fact that, the general population doesn't even know what goes into a computer, so they don't know what they need for gaming. E.G. Oh, a $3000 dollar Mac? That should do the trick! Even though all it has is a GT 650M and a high end i7.
08-29-2014, 02:59 PM #104
pc can suck my dick m8
08-29-2014, 04:36 PM #105
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Smexeh View Post
pc can suck my dick m8

Take your doritos and mountain dew and leave please.

The following 3 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Glittery Penis Skittle, Rath, Smexeh
09-04-2014, 03:07 AM #106
Default Avatar
Dylan
Originally posted by Toke View Post
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $475 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

UPDATED BUILDYou must login or register to view this content.

This is a chart that gives you the idea about how much cheaper PC is and the build I made is actually very similar too the build I have listed. There are other reasons why you should switch

Better Game Selection- PC has a better game selection overall you can't deny it there's multiple stores to buy from, tons of free games, lots of genres not widely available on Console.

Better Graphics this is very obvious one but its another to add because we like beautiful games and if you don't then would you rather play watch dogs or battlefield 4 on a NES or a PC?

Mods - PC has lots of Mods that can improve games/ make new games out of old games, Modding is frowned upon on Consoles and some Developers on PC go out of the way to make the game friendly to mods.

More Hardcore/Casual - There's more super hardcore players and we all seen those guys playing StarCraft for hours upon hours without stopping and then there's casual players playing Minecraft or casual indie games.

tears
09-05-2014, 04:36 AM #107
This thread is about why you should kill your console and switch to PC this features a roughly $475 build this doesn't include a Mouse or Keyboard or monitor which are Highly recommended.

Sir Gabe toke for ngu owner Sir Gabe
09-05-2014, 06:22 AM #108
Shark
Retired.

fucks given: 0

Needa
09-05-2014, 06:45 AM #109
minimitch140
Bounty hunter
Call me back when you jailbreak a PC/laptop

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo