11-22-2008, 12:20 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); NOTE: This is obviously not perfect so if there is anything wrong, you can post a reply.

I will state some basic things about PSP hacking.

PSP Hacking 101

1- What is custom firmware(CFW)?
Custom firmware pretty much lets you play PSP games on your PSP without the UMD disc. Some people say it's illegal but some say it isn't because the games you put on your memory stick(s) are backup copies of your UMD games.

2- What are the pros and cons about CFW?
I'll start off with the pros. You can play PSP games for free, you can also install emulators to play N64, PS1, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES,etc. games. You can also have cool applications on your PSP.You can access the Recovery Menu where you can do a whole mess of things you never thought possible. As for the cons, it sometimes makes your PSP a bit slower but nothing bad will happen. When updating your PSP to a new version, you must have certain files to update it.

3- What can I do in the Recovery Menu?
You can edit your themes and backgrounds through flash0. You can acces Registry Hacks which allows you to turn on Flashplayer and WMA withough internet connection. You can also set your enter button to O instead of X(if your PSP is not the Japanese version). There are also Plugins which allows you to do many cool things(I can't name all of them because i don't use all of them). With Plugins(aka seplugins), you can check your battery life(% and time left) just by clicking home, you can also hold down the select button to access cheats to almost every PSP game, not only that but you can also listen to your MP# songs while playing your games. Those are the ones that i use the most.

4- How do I hack my PSP?
There are many ways to do this depending on what kind of psp you have

-PSP 1000
1. Pandoras battery(aka jigkick battery) and magic memory stick
2. Depending on your version, you can downgrade your psp with some games such as Lumines and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories(you need to downgrade your PSP version in order to hack it unless you use the Pandoras battery).
3. All the files you need can be found on qj.net.

-PSP 2000
1. Pandoras battery(aka jigkick battery) and magic memory stick.
2. All the files you need can be found on qj.net.

-PSP 3000
Can't be hacked at the moment.

5- What is a Pandoras battery(aka jigkick battery) and a magic memory stick?
It is something that the PSP god, Dark_AleX, created. It hacks ANY PSP(1000 and 2000 only), can downgrade any PSP 1000, and can un-brick any bricked PSP(broken PSP can be fixed). All the files required go into the magic memory stick. The Pandoras battery makes it possible to access the files on your magic memory stick through your PSP. There are currently 5 different versions on Pandora(newer ones make it possible to hack newer PSP 2000s such as the God Of War red PSP 2000).

6- PSP Games
PSP games can be played on your hacked PSP for free. The game files can be in 2 different formats, ISO format or CSO format(compressed version of ISO format).

7- Places For Games
1. PSP games go in the "ISO" folder which is placed in the root of your memory stick
2. PSX games go in the "GAME" folder which is placed in the "PSP" folder which is in the root of your memory stick
3. Emulators and ROMS(gba games, n64 games, etc.) go in the "GAME150" folder which is in the "PSP" folder.
4. Homebrew games can either be placed in the "GAME150" folder or the "GAME" folder.

Disclaimer: Anything you do, you do at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for anything you do to your PSP
Last edited by dukie827 ; 02-25-2009 at 03:15 AM.

The following user thanked dukie827 for this useful post:

joeay

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo