04-19-2011, 11:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Today Andriasang.com reports that according to a You must login or register to view this content. Sony has ceased production of the PSPgo handheld with their You must login or register to view this content. page now showing the PSPgo as discontinued.

To quote: "A blog that appears to be run by a Sony Shop employee (or at the very least a super hardcore Sony fanatic) reports that Sony has confirmed to his sales manager that production on the troubled portable system is indeed ceasing.

The blogger's shop won't be getting any more shipments.

This talk of PSP go's production end apparently began recently when a link to the PSP go was removed from the Sony Store games page. You can still access the Sony Store PSP go product listing, although you can't actually order the system because there's no stock and no forecast for when stock will arrive."

More News Soon,
xKillCamz :pedo:
04-19-2011, 11:47 PM #2
hustlnpoon
Pokemon Trainer
Ahaaa hackers win! Sony gave up on the Psp and forfeited Happy Hacking Dancing
04-20-2011, 11:06 AM #3
Originally posted by hustlnpoon View Post
Ahaaa hackers win! Sony gave up on the Psp and forfeited Happy Hacking Dancing

Hacking was not the problem.
The problem was that not enough people were purchasing this specific product, hence they discontinued the manufacturing of the PSPgo.
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM #4
Default Avatar
Brad
@hustlnpoon

what he said ^^ that's just common sense

The following user thanked Brad for this useful post:

NextGenPedo
04-20-2011, 12:00 PM #5
Originally posted by Dr.
@hustlnpoon

what he said ^^ that's just common sense

Precisely, I mean who is going to sell something that costs them money to sell when not enough people will buy it so they don't earn a profit.

It's simple maths really. Look at it like this.
PSPgo (£300) + Selling Price + Money Sony Gain (£150) = No Profit.

For every 2 PSPgo's they sell, they gain the exact price of one of the PSPgo's they already sold, so that could go on for say 3 years, and they still wouldn't earn more than the original price that they sold each PSPgo for.
04-20-2011, 12:03 PM #6
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by xKillCamz View Post
Precisely, I mean who is going to sell something that costs them money to sell when not enough people will buy it so they don't earn a profit.

It's simple maths really. Look at it like this.
PSPgo (£300) + Selling Price + Money Sony Gain (£150) = No Profit.

For every 2 PSPgo's they sell, they gain the exact price of one of the PSPgo's they already sold, so that could go on for say 3 years, and they still wouldn't earn more than the original price that they sold each PSPgo for.

yeah i know :y:

I just get annoyed that people think something stops because of hacks and not financial reasons.
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM #7
Originally posted by Dr.
yeah i know :y:

I just get annoyed that people think something stops because of hacks and not financial reasons.

I know what you mean, But people only assume those reasons due to the masses and masses of people that hack Playstation Devices.
Also due to the System Security being so poor many people prefer Playstation to Xbox because of that reason.

Also PSP's aren't as widely sold as compared to Playstation Consoles so they don't even bother adding security to any PSP system.
The original PSP has actually sold more than any other handheld console.

Take into consideration that the Nintendo actually made the first handheld console, the Gameboy. And still 8 years after that was released, The PSP overtook the Milestone which the Gameboy had set which was "3 Million Buyers" and The PSP reached upto "10 Million Buyers" which still hasn't been beaten by any other Handheld game console.

The Nintendo DS is nearing the 8 Millions, but still has a long way to go. Basically it's a giant catfight. :catfight:
04-20-2011, 12:16 PM #8
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by xKillCamz View Post

Also PSP's aren't as widely sold as compared to Playstation Consoles so they don't even bother adding security to any PSP system.
The original PSP has actually sold more than any other handheld console.

do you think they will put loads of security on the ngp?
04-20-2011, 12:22 PM #9
Originally posted by Dr.
do you think they will put loads of security on the ngp?

In my personal opinion, Yes I think they will.
And I think they will make it better than the PS3's.
As a worldwide company I belive they know all of the Errors in the security in the PS3 systems, So for a fact, They will increase the security level, which will reduce the ability to Jailbreak (Which will still be possible, but unlikely) and in addition to that It won't allow Homebrew, CFW... Need I go on?

Basically, It can be hacked BUT you'll just ruin your system as they will Brick the system, or take your device offline etc.)
In otherwords, Un-Hackable. /facepalm Unless, someone finds how to bypass Security. But even if they do they might not post about it etc.) So Sony will never find out. :P

The following user thanked NextGenPedo for this useful post:

04-20-2011, 12:49 PM #10
RGB
2JZ BBWWARRMMMMM
Moar evidence that sony indeed fail!

The following user thanked RGB for this useful post:

King Dylan

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo