09-02-2008, 02:59 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It's about time Sony announced the new PSP, but is it really everything we hoped for?

"The unit itself will look exactly like the PSP-2000, though it will feature an "improved screen that's better outside with no glare and a built-in mic."

I guess not, unless playing unshaded in the desert is your kinda thing... Oh and a built in mic, now we can play Talkman without the Talkman!

More info on release date:

"Ratchet & Clank PSP Entertainment Pack launch will be on October 14th for $199.99. It will now include the following:

* Mystic Silver PSP-3000
* Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
* National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets UMD
* echochrome PSN voucher
* 1GB Memory Stick PRO duo

PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack. The will launch in November for $199.99 as well. It includes:

* Piano Black PSP-3000
* 4GB Memory Stick PRO duo
* Everyday Shooter PSN voucher

The Piano Black PSP-3000 will be sold separately later this year as a PSP Core Pack, which includes only an AC adaptor and battery pack for $169.99."

The PSP-3000 will have a smaller battery life.
In a recent interview with John Koller at Gamespot where they talked a lot about the PSP-3000's new features such as better screen, inbuilt microphone, the bundled releases and more, they also talked out the one downfall of the PSP-3000's new features and hardware is that it will have 20-30 minutes less battery life. The reason given for this is that the new brighter crisper screen has a higher power draw from the battery.

But this shouldn't affect us to badly as 1 its not that much of a difference and 2 it gives us a reason to find some space and mod some more battery power into this little beast. so get your calculators and irons at the ready.
Last edited by dukie827 ; 09-02-2008 at 03:03 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to dukie827 for this useful post:

Chaldo13, fearblaster, NanuGama, TheDee1992
09-21-2008, 07:27 AM #11
Originally posted by fraz422 View Post
You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.

i take it back dark alex has found that the new sony mother boards aka TA-090 not the TA-092 i had intended so Despertar Del Cementero will work with them

wait, INTENDED?!?!?!?!?!
09-21-2008, 03:41 PM #12
fraz422
PS3 Guru
ye i thought they would be different boards and sony would over come the hacking problem
10-11-2008, 02:09 PM #13
fearblaster
Do a barrel roll!
thx for the news

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo