08-08-2016, 06:01 PM #1
Python
Bebe Snek
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
I can see why they did it. I mean they are a really strict country. (Read the article below)
[/color]

"Iran has banned the 'Pokémon Go' mobile gaming sensation, becoming the first country to do so over security concerns.

“Any game that wants to operate nationwide in Iran needs to obtain permission from the ministry of culture and Islamic guidance, and the Pokémon Go app has not yet requested such a permission,” Abolhasan Firouzabadi, the head of Iran’s supreme council of virtual space, told the Isna news agency.

Iranian officials feel that security-wise, the game can create problems for the country and its people, according to the Guardian. The officials did not go into specifics on the security issues.

Iranians on social media have discussed playing the popular game recently, despite the country's many restrictions on Internet usage, according to the BBC. Iranian authorities use smart filtering software, a system that affects connectivity speeds and in many cases has replaced more traditional mechanisms for blocking Internet services, the Guardian reported.

'Pokémon' has become a global phenomenon since its release in July. 'Go' launched first in the U.S. and then rolled out to Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Europe.

The game has also expanded to 15 new markets in Asia this month, including Indonesia which boasts a population of 250 million. The game still does not operate in India, Korea or China, according to TechCrunch.

After several incidents, warnings about safe play pop up every time a user boots up the game."

You must login or register to view this content.[/center]
08-09-2016, 09:58 AM #2
Python
Bebe Snek
Originally posted by EYE
No idea what threat could be caused, personally just another way to control the mass population

Maybe they're paranoid about Mercia spying on them??
08-21-2016, 01:23 PM #3
xSp3Kx
Bebe Snek
UPDATE

Iran along with Saudi Arabia and Egypt it was banned by islamic authorities

Russia: officials believe theirs a conspiracy behind it. Franz Klintsevich, the first deputy chairman of the Federal Council’s Committee on Defense, said: “There’s the feeling that the Devil has arrived through this mechanism, and he’s simply trying to ruin us spiritually, from within.” and Deputy Evygeny Fedorov, from the political party “United Russia,” recently said: “The game appeared in Russia in the context of elections. The party behind this game is located abroad, and this party’s goal is destabilization, or potential destabilization.”

Indonesia: governor Magu Mangku has prohibited other public officials from using it saying “If they [public officials] jump on the Pokémon bandwagon, then there’s no need for them to ever come back to the office again.”

Australia: while still legal they we having problems with pokemon trainers walking into the police station to catch pokemon as the police station it self was a pokestop

Bosnia: pokemon trainers are wandering into mine fields to get pokemon i understand the Catch em' all thing but you gotta let some go

Turkey: a union of imams head Mehmet Bayrakutar calls for ban saying “undermines the prominence and significance of mosques, which are the most beautiful worship places in Islam. I want it to be banned in Turkey,”

The following user thanked xSp3Kx for this useful post:

Python

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo