08-21-2016, 06:39 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, you've been playing Pokemon GO for a while now, and you can't seem to hold down gyms in your town for more than a few hours? Well friends, let me teach you how my team holds gyms for days in even the most populated areas of our city!*

Here's what you'll need:

• 10 CP Magnemite
  • 20-30 CP Magikarp
  • Multiple friends

You're first going to obviously, find a gym that you want to claim for your team. Take it out, then put in 1-3 Magikarps. A single Magnemite can take down 1-3 Magikarps, netting you an easy 3k prestige in your gym (and an easy 300XP, for us non-botters). As the gym goes up, you can add more Magikarps, or add a good defender Pokemon to hold the gym down and keep opposing players from taking down -1500 prestige fast.

Here's the fun part: Opposing players will attack the gym, but because they are forced into group battles, and asynchronous battle doesn't lessen prestige, each magikarp defeated only gives -500 prestige, they are forced to take down the gym very slowly. You can actually train your gym up faster than opposing players can take it down. Watch their faces as they realize their 3000cp dragonites cannot beat a 3-10 magikarp gym even given infinite time, or teammates. Become infamous for Magikarp gyms. Laugh at their misfortunes.

So, if that wasn't clear enough:

1. Take a gym
  2. Add 3 Magikarps
  3. Train the gym with Magnemites for 3k prestige each battle
  4. Raise prestige to 10, have other friends place high CP/defender pokemon in the gym
  5. Watch opposing players struggle with Magikarp gym

Hope this tutorial was easy to understand, it's been my first serious post here in a long, long time! Feel free to ask any questions in the comments, or private message me!

The following user thanked Samberg for this useful post:

xDebugKiller
08-21-2016, 11:32 AM #2
xDebugKiller
Climbing up the ladder
Will try this out some time
08-21-2016, 02:10 PM #3
xSp3Kx
Bebe Snek
sounds simple enough will try later today

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.