12-01-2016, 11:44 AM #1
Daized
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi NGU,

Been trying to work out how to run the PS3 through a VPN (via intenet sharing settings on a MAC). I can connect fine with the
cable when the VPN is NOT active. On the Mac it's basically the same way
as the pc to enable internet sharing options (basically using your
laptop or computer as a router if I'm loosing anyone here!)
Anyway I can connect fine via my normal IP but when I activate the VPN (using
Cyberghost because it's free...) it comes up with a DNS error &
won't connect to the internet. It finds the IP address but won't connect
to the net.

Any ideas guys? Been banging my head over this one for a while, any help much appreciated in advance!
12-01-2016, 12:09 PM #2
Daized
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by EYE
Sounds dumb, but try resetting your router? If not perhaps try another free vpn?

Yeah will give it a go. Not many good VPNs left, Vipr was a good one but now payed for :( Oh well lets see...
Last edited by Daized ; 12-01-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: I can't spelll
12-01-2016, 12:10 PM #3
Daized
Bounty hunter
Lets***
12-01-2016, 11:01 PM #4
Daized
Bounty hunter
Found the/an answer, there's probably loads of other ways but this seems to work well. Hotspot Shield, there's an open version around (anyone looking it was easy to find PM if you're feeling lazy), it's the only one I could find that didn't give me any DNS errors or other fails. Cyberhost & various others didn't work, found an IP ok but no net. Hotspot does the trick though with a pretty simple set up (I'm on Mac) just standard sharing via Ethernet. I've intalled it on a a Virtual Macine on this Mac too running Windows10 just to test & all fine there. So as far as anyone sniffing my IP goes I'll probably be in Mexico somewhere :P Oh & when you're on the VPN or any other one it makes it hard to sniff just incase you need to for any reason....(?)
Maybe this'll help a few people who keep getting booted by salty little cock-wombles with a hard-on for LOIC etc.
Last edited by Daized ; 12-01-2016 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Because my grammarz terrible
12-01-2016, 11:10 PM #5
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Daized View Post
Found the/an answer, there's probably loads of other ways but this seems to work well. Hotspot Shield, there's an open version around (anyone looking it was easy to find PM if you're feeling lazy), it's the only one I could find that didn't give me any DNS errors or other fails. Cyberhost & various others didn't work, found an IP ok but no net. Hotspot does the trick though with a pretty simple set up (I'm on Mac) just standard sharing via Ethernet. I've intalled it on a a Virtual Macine on this Mac too running Windows10 just to test & all fine there. So as far as anyone sniffing my IP goes I'll probably be in Mexico somewhere :P Oh & when you're on the VPN or any other one it makes it hard to sniff just incase you need to for any reason....(?)
Maybe this'll help a few people who keep getting booted by salty little cock-wombles with a hard-on for LOIC etc.

so has your problem been solved?

The following user thanked Kronos for this useful post:

Daized
12-01-2016, 11:20 PM #6
Daized
Bounty hunter
Yes all done thanks, works well Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo