12-06-2016, 03:49 AM #1
IIVIIast3R
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I took my ps3 apart and added some thermal paste thinking it would cool down my system and my RSX and CPU and they still run high. On a daily I get anywhere around 70c to 74c. I can't regulate my temperature in my apartment because the building I live in controls the Heat. So any advice?
12-06-2016, 02:06 PM #2
MoneyB
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by IIVIIast3R View Post
So I took my ps3 apart and added some thermal paste thinking it would cool down my system and my RSX and CPU and they still run high. On a daily I get anywhere around 70c to 74c. I can't regulate my temperature in my apartment because the building I live in controls the Heat. So any advice?

yeh that is a little high ....iv noticed sometimes iff the heat sinks are scored a bit the temps run a bit highter....i usally give them a bit of a clean up with some 400 grit wet and dry to smooth them dowm ...but im wondering what your running your minimum fan speed at ...i personally run mine at 34 % ..which gives me roughly 60-65 degree operating temps ..( i live in a fairly hot part of the world with no aircon ) .
I also use arctic ceramique thermal paste ...a fairly high end sort of themal paste . Iff worst comes to worst you can always drill a few extra breather holes to get a bit more airflow through the console but iff you do decide to do that you will get more dust going into the console so you may want to put some mesh backing to prevent this a bit.
Last edited by MoneyB ; 12-06-2016 at 02:13 PM.
12-06-2016, 03:24 PM #3
IIVIIast3R
Save Point
Yeah I don't want the system to accumulate dust I put 4 drops of thermal paste on the cpu and rsx fairly big drops that is which I don't think might of been enough. I've watched a YouTube video of where one guy coated the whole CPU and RSX with the thermal paste and also afterwords he added a drop of paste in the middle to finish it off. Maybe that might be a solution? I don't really know but any advice might be helpful. Also how did you change your fan speed? In multiman options? 400 grit wet and dry? What exactly are you referring to? Also one last thing when your referring to mesh backing, could you kindly be more specific? Thanks in advance for the help. ✌️
12-06-2016, 03:28 PM #4
IIVIIast3R
Save Point
400 grit sandpaper? And use it on the SRX and CPU? @MONEYB
12-07-2016, 08:06 PM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
So I took my ps3 apart and added some thermal paste thinking it would cool down my system and my RSX and CPU and they still run high. On a daily I get anywhere around 70c to 74c. I can't regulate my temperature in my apartment because the building I live in controls the Heat. So any advice?

Completely normal temps imo if that is after being run for a while. If you get those temps right when turning on your console, that's not good and you should renew the thermal paste with arctic silver 5. You can bend the clamps inward to get a better connection between your heatsinks and the chips.

I do not recommend using sandpaper on the chips. If anything, you want something to gap what is missing, which I also do not recommend.

GL!
12-07-2016, 10:20 PM #6
IIVIIast3R
Save Point
Thank you
12-08-2016, 12:02 AM #7
MoneyB
Climbing up the ladder
i never said to wet and dry chips ....i said heat sinks..as they get scored over time occasionally i do this reguarly
12-14-2016, 09:42 PM #8
SAVAG3-_-MO773
Do a barrel roll!

Did you solve the heat problem?

I've just Modded my case and the temperatures dropped 25c - 30c just by drilling holes in the bottom, top and PSU case

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo