Post: PS3 Slim turns on for 15-20 seconds, nothing displays on HDMI, then shuts off.
12-18-2016, 09:41 AM #1
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This happened two days ago, and it happened now, I just waited a few minutes and now it turned on, but I had to set the date up again. What is causing this and how do I fix it to prevent this in the future?
12-22-2016, 02:20 PM #11
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Je
the point is.. a ps3 is worth about £40 to £50 and is not worth my time with any sort of damage apart from disk drive problems...

you can buy a YLOD ps3 for $20AUD too replace anyparts and once your done can sell the left overs and make twice if not more then what you payed for it. But if its things like reballing or major board damage then someone else can deal with it. i personally don't do repairs if it requires removing with heat gun or BGA work station.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-22-2016 at 02:23 PM.
12-22-2016, 02:29 PM #12
Originally posted by JFT View Post
you can buy a YLOD ps3 for $20AUD too replace anyparts and once your done can sell the left overs and make twice if not more then what you payed for it. But if its things like reballing or major board damage then someone else can deal with it. i personally don't do repairs if it requires removing with heat gun or BGA work station.

if its a disk drive if it is the same cech you can use the disk drive and power supply and power button.. but u cant just swap the motherboard around... due the the bios not being modified on the new board so u wont still be jailbroken.. plus the disk drive's logic board wont be linked
12-22-2016, 02:35 PM #13
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Je
if its a disk drive if it is the same cech you can use the disk drive and power supply and power button.. but u cant just swap the motherboard around... due the the bios not being modified on the new board so u wont still be jailbroken.. plus the disk drive's logic board wont be linked

lol. i said YLOD consoles, why would i be using the main motherboard or PCB for other consoles blu ray? just need to use same drive type and swap boards(PCB or Logic Board) around and you don't do a nor/nand replacement unless a ofw is banned so won't lose jailbreak even if had it so i don't see your point.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-22-2016 at 02:40 PM.
12-22-2016, 03:05 PM #14
Originally posted by JFT View Post
lol. i said YLOD consoles, why would i be using the main motherboard or PCB for other consoles blu ray? just need to use same drive type and swap boards(PCB or Logic Board) around and you don't do a nor/nand replacement unless a ofw is banned so won't lose jailbreak even if had it so i don't see your point.

this is a thread about a montherboard problem
12-22-2016, 04:11 PM #15
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Je
this is a thread about a montherboard problem

i was just saying, seems you thought it was directed as a solution. no, i was off topic when i quoted Dro's question that he asked you. Which you never answered xD
Last edited by ymh ; 12-22-2016 at 04:14 PM.
12-23-2016, 07:33 AM #16
Iconically
I am error
boot into safe mode and rebuild the database.

plugin controller

hold middle button on controller while power on ps3 till it beeps twice in a row

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo