01-13-2017, 07:17 AM #1
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If I wanted to switch my PS3 Slim CFW HDD with my Old PS3 Super Slim (500GB); I want to ask some questions:
-Do I need to flash my system again?
-My PS3 super slim Had 4.81 OFW, Can I downgrade my PS3 (Slim) via flash drive if it's already flashed?
-Can I back up my games and my package files so I can use them
Thank you Smile .
01-13-2017, 07:21 AM #2
Originally posted by Pyr00HD View Post
If I wanted to switch my PS3 Slim CFW HDD with my Old PS3 Super Slim (500GB); I want to ask some questions:
-Do I need to flash my system again?
-My PS3 super slim Had 4.81 OFW, Can I downgrade my PS3 (Slim) via flash drive if it's already flashed?
-Can I back up my games and my package files so I can use them
Thank you Smile .

You can back up games, not so sure about pkgs (unless through the filesystem..), and wouldn't lose your cfw, as changing HDD would require reformatting anyway, and firmware is in the flash memory, not the hard drive.
01-13-2017, 08:09 AM #3
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
You can back up games, not so sure about pkgs (unless through the filesystem..), and wouldn't lose your cfw, as changing HDD would require reformatting anyway, and firmware is in the flash memory, not the hard drive.

So It's safe and you are saying that i will be on my CFW when I switch my HDD, cool.
and wouldn't lose your cfw, as changing HDD would require reformatting anyway,

What I've to do about that?
01-13-2017, 08:34 AM #4
So It's safe and you are saying that i will be on my CFW when I switch my HDD, cool.

What I've to do about that?

I've never changed HDD in PS3, but in PS4, it automatically began reformatting my 1TB HDD when i powered the system on. You can wait for more responses before beginning though.
01-13-2017, 08:54 AM #5
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
I've never changed HDD in PS3, but in PS4, it automatically began reformatting my 1TB HDD when i powered the system on. You can wait for more responses before beginning though.

After some research, I discovered that when i put the HDD it will ask for an FW to install, just take out the cfw and you'll be good to go. But I didn't find about the "Super slim HDD swap with a CFW device" I think it'll format it.
01-13-2017, 09:05 AM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
After some research, I discovered that when i put the HDD it will ask for an FW to install, just take out the cfw and you'll be good to go. But I didn't find about the "Super slim HDD swap with a CFW device" I think it'll format it.

idk about backing up your stuff other than pulling it out with filezilla, then you would still might need to bruteforce your saves or something idk..

but, installing your super slim hdd into your cfw ps3 is easy and you wont lose your jailbreak, but you may lose your cfw and you will lose your homebrew.

1. Install the "new" hdd into your cfw ps3
2. Boot ps3 into recovery mode
3. Select option "restore ps3 system"
This will format the drive and wipe everything (games, saves, etc)
When it is finished, you will be brought to a black screen, asking for your last syscall (last cfw installed)
4. Reinstall your cfw

you could also just install the new hdd and boot it up, it should prompt for format (accept it). sometimes you dont even need to reinstall your cfw..
Naturally, you can only have one hdd formatted to a ps3 at a time. (apparently/supposedly)There is a trick to using more than one, but I dont recommend it..

if you need any more help, just ask.
Last edited by Dro ; 01-13-2017 at 09:12 AM.
01-13-2017, 09:10 AM #7
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dro View Post
idk about backing up your stuff other than pulling it out with filezilla, then you would still might need to bruteforce your saves or something idk..

but, installing your super slim hdd into your cfw ps3 is easy and you wont lose your jailbreak.

1. Install the hdd into your cfw ps3
2. Boot ps3 into recovery mode
3. Select option "restore ps3 system"
This will format the drive and wipe everything (games, saves, etc)
When it is finished, you will be brought to a black screen, asking for your last syscall (last cfw installed)
4. Reinstall your cfw

sometimes you can just install the new hdd and boot it up, it will prompt for format (accept it), then you dont even need to reinstall your cfw..
Naturally, you can only have one hdd formatted to a ps3 at a time. There is a trick to using more than one, but I dont recommend it..

if you need any more help, just ask.

And If I re-install the original HDD for the CFW slim again will i have my data there?
01-13-2017, 09:17 AM #8
Dro
i<3myPs3
And If I re-install the original HDD for the CFW slim again will i have my data there?

Naturally (by default), it will mandatory format any new hdd you insert after one is installed, so no you wont..
01-13-2017, 09:20 AM #9
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Naturally (by default), it will mandatory format any new hdd you insert after one is installed, so no you wont..

Ok thank you.

The following user thanked Pyr00HD for this useful post:

Dro

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo