11-04-2014, 06:00 AM #1
MORELOS13
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Someone with who know how to rtm/rte
Should make a tut about how to rte/rtm along with which cfw/DEX/CEX/rebug work best with one another.. Just a thought.
11-07-2014, 07:41 PM #2
There are tutorials already out there with this kind of information.
But, to save you from watching them all:

DEX (TMAPI) is much more stable than CEX. (CCAPI) It's also a lot quicker. (command wise)
CCAPI, however, is a lot more safe to use than TMAPI. This is due to the fact that it is based upon a standard custom firmware and not a debug firmware. Both are detectable to some extent but in my personal opinion & experience, DEX firmware is more dangerous to use online. Though, there's probably very little in it. I have never had a console ban or even an account ban.
A pretty great positive with CCAPI, is that you can change your Console ID & PSID on the fly using the CCAPI manager. Even most RTE tools now incorporate CID spoofing within them.
Another positive for CCAPI is that you can monitor your core temperatures constantly. This is a big thing for me, as I get pretty paranoid about them. I've lost a couple of treasure PS3s to the YLOD, or other such heat-related injuries...

Firmware wise, it's pretty much up to you. Obviously for DEX you'll need a DEX firmware, but the great thing about CCAPI is that it can be installed on literally any custom firmware, CEX or DEX.

I personally will always be a DEX guy, though I still use CCAPI on my DEX consoles, purely for monitoring temperatures. That and the fact that some tools only support CCAPI. I also think a big part of it for me is that I was on the scene quite a while before CCAPI was released, back in the day when being able to real time memory edit on a CEX firmware was said to be as unlikely as a jailbreak for 3.56+ OFW. And be it a good or bad thing, I always felt a sense of superiority being able to RTE. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when CCAPI was released. It was an incredible breakthrough on the PS3 scene, but I kind of felt like it took all the fun out of being able to RTM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo