06-15-2011, 05:11 AM #1
Default Avatar
lpede5
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everyone. I have read all the posts on jailbreak / the main threads and I'm pretty sure I know what to do but I just want to run it past everyone to make sure I don't screw anything up. My old PS3 just died so i bought a PS3 specifically with a firmware below 3.56

1. First of all the used ps3 slim I bought has firmware 3.41 - Should I download official firmware 3.55 - Put on a USB and update via that ?

2. Once i have 3.55 thats when the cfw is installed. There seems to be a fair few versions of this? Such as the debug one and such? Is there an overall one that most people use? I heard kmeaw cfw is half decent as well

3. Which is the best backup manager? Do all of them have to be downloaded on the side? Or for example with the kmeaw cfw is it pre-installed.

4. Is it better to backup games to the ps3 hdd or an external hdd? I have a 1tb hard drive which i can format to FAT32 if need be. I also read that FAT32 has a limit of 4GB per file? - Does this mean i couldnt backup some games if they were larger than this?

5. Is there anything else major i should know? I just want to make sure I can backup all of my ps3 games - I am pretty sure online is out of the question for any games - but yeah does anyone have any program / ps3 jailbreak function which they like using and are happy with. Thanks alot guy

Sorry if these questions are silly / already posted. I looked around first before asking these and just wanted confirmation. Thanks again
06-15-2011, 05:16 AM #2
zVirus
Haters Gonna Hate
Originally posted by lpede5 View Post
Hey everyone. I have read all the posts on jailbreak / the main threads and I'm pretty sure I know what to do but I just want to run it past everyone to make sure I don't screw anything up. My old PS3 just died so i bought a PS3 specifically with a firmware below 3.56

1. First of all the used ps3 slim I bought has firmware 3.41 - Should I download official firmware 3.55 - Put on a USB and update via that ?

2. Once i have 3.55 thats when the cfw is installed. There seems to be a fair few versions of this? Such as the debug one and such? Is there an overall one that most people use? I heard kmeaw cfw is half decent as well

3. Which is the best backup manager? Do all of them have to be downloaded on the side? Or for example with the kmeaw cfw is it pre-installed.

4. Is it better to backup games to the ps3 hdd or an external hdd? I have a 1tb hard drive which i can format to FAT32 if need be. I also read that FAT32 has a limit of 4GB per file? - Does this mean i couldnt backup some games if they were larger than this?

5. Is there anything else major i should know? I just want to make sure I can backup all of my ps3 games - I am pretty sure online is out of the question for any games - but yeah does anyone have any program / ps3 jailbreak function which they like using and are happy with. Thanks alot guy

Sorry if these questions are silly / already posted. I looked around first before asking these and just wanted confirmation. Thanks again

Why buy a ps3 below 3.56 if you can't data transfer to mod games? Even if you spoof with the rebug cfw you won't be able to go online.
06-15-2011, 05:31 AM #3
ryantehninja
Do a barrel roll!
yes, use a usb to update, and kmeau is one of the best AFTER ofw has been installed. external hdd.
06-15-2011, 05:36 AM #4
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar
Originally posted by isamu11isamu View Post
Why buy a ps3 below 3.56 if you can't data transfer to mod games? Even if you spoof with the rebug cfw you won't be able to go online.

Who cares? You can do backups and more shit. PS3s aren't all about online hacks.

1. You must login or register to view this content. is the 3.55 update. Update it then do CFW like Rebug.

2. Rebug has a lot of features that makes it better in the long run.

3. MultiMAN is the best. It has the most features and is always receiving updates.

4. Use a 500GB internal HDD and use the 1TB hard drive as an external. I think MultiMAN lets you play NTFS without FAT32,

5. Don't update the CFW PS3. DUH!

The following user thanked RavagedBoom for this useful post:

Clutch Hunterr
06-15-2011, 06:10 AM #5
zVirus
Haters Gonna Hate
Originally posted by ClutchLikeKobe View Post
Who cares? You can do backups and more shit. PS3s aren't all about online hacks.

1. You must login or register to view this content. is the 3.55 update. Update it then do CFW like Rebug.

3. MultiMAN is the best. It has the most features and is always receiving updates.

4. Use a 500GB internal HDD and use the 1TB hard drive as an external. I think MultiMAN lets you play NTFS without FAT32,

Everything offline is BORING just saying :P

The following 2 users groaned at zVirus for this awful post:

Clutch Hunterr, RavagedBoom
06-15-2011, 11:02 AM #6
Default Avatar
lpede5
Originally posted by ClutchLikeKobe View Post

Ok cool ill go with multiman and the rebug firmware. Thanks for providing that link as well. So do you reckon that Multiman would be able to load games onto my external without it being FAT32?

@ Klutch - Yeah i agree online is awesome - I'll prob buy a second ps3 for that. I got my one for pretty cheap $250 for a 320 GIG Slim. Just another question do ps3 games vary greatly in size. Like for example if i wanted to back up Uncharted 2 - Would it be around 5-10 gigs or alot larger? Cheers
06-15-2011, 02:52 PM #7
Originally posted by lpede5 View Post
Just another question do ps3 games vary greatly in size. Like for example if i wanted to back up Uncharted 2 - Would it be around 5-10 gigs or alot larger? Cheers

Idk about UC2 myself because I actually have that legit, but games can vary anywhere from 200MB all the way up to 50GB. I think the largest game so far is Killzone 3 which took up 40GB, although you could cut that in half by removing the 3D portion of the game. Off the top of my head games like LA Noire, Heavy Rain, Killzone 3(2D) have all been about 15-25GB/approx, so don't expect many games to go beyond that. Oh and *most* multi-platform games stay below 7GB, just because that's the limit of the disc format used in the XBOX 360. The only exception to the rule would be games that are using multiple discs on the XBOX, such as LA Noire.

:bro:

The following user groaned Clutch Hunterr for this awful post:

zVirus
06-15-2011, 03:16 PM #8
K-Snody
Loading... ████████] 99%
im on 3.41 ,, would i be better off jailbreaking 3.55 if i update my jailbroke one to 3.55 ?
06-15-2011, 03:56 PM #9
Killa
Banned
I had my PS3 3.41 jailbroken since October ha, finally updated to 3.65 current firmware yesterday. Your right, gets to boring not being able to play Black ops or online in general.
If you have any ?'s though of what to download a great source is ps3-hacks.com
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM #10
Originally posted by Snody View Post
im on 3.41 ,, would i be better off jailbreaking 3.55 if i update my jailbroke one to 3.55 ?

Are you asking whether 3.55 JB is better than 3.41 JB?

If so, the answer would be a resounding yes Smile

The following user groaned Clutch Hunterr for this awful post:

zVirus

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo