06-16-2011, 02:45 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, just got Dead Rising 2, Europe version, I copied it off and have been trying to play it for the past 3 or 4 hours with no success. It runs just fine until I have to leave the arena during the first half of the game.

Out of the arena and into the Platinum Strip area I get a loading screen...It freezes. Every single time. Tried using multiple manager, MultiMan, Rogero, etc. Continues to happen.

There is this one fix that I seem to keep running into doing Google searches that involves a .pkg file to go along with the supposed fix. I put the .pkg file on my USB drive, plug it into my PS3, try to install it...no dice on that either.

I keep getting a "an error has occurred" error message. Can't install the .pkg file to save my life. I'm using Kmeaw CFW, latest MultiMan and tried almost everything to get this game running. Some people say that using an external HDD will fix the problem, though the only external drive I have will not appear on my PS3 once plugged in.

Nothing seems to be working. Can anybody help me please?
06-16-2011, 03:00 AM #2
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Originally posted by Mastadon View Post
Hi, just got Dead Rising 2, Europe version, I copied it off and have been trying to play it for the past 3 or 4 hours with no success. It runs just fine until I have to leave the arena during the first half of the game.

Out of the arena and into the Platinum Strip area I get a loading screen...It freezes. Every single time. Tried using multiple manager, MultiMan, Rogero, etc. Continues to happen.

There is this one fix that I seem to keep running into doing Google searches that involves a .pkg file to go along with the supposed fix. I put the .pkg file on my USB drive, plug it into my PS3, try to install it...no dice on that either.

I keep getting a "an error has occurred" error message. Can't install the .pkg file to save my life. I'm using Kmeaw CFW, latest MultiMan and tried almost everything to get this game running. Some people say that using an external HDD will fix the problem, though the only external drive I have will not appear on my PS3 once plugged in.

Nothing seems to be working. Can anybody help me please?

I'm not sure if this is a common problem for Dead Rising 2, but it sounds like there may have simply been an error copying the game. If it always crashes at the same spot, perhaps it's trying to load the next part of the game (which is corrupted because it didn't copy properly) and then stops.

Did you try recopying the game?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Also, welcome to NextGenUpdate Awesome face
06-16-2011, 03:13 AM #3
Thanks for the warm welcome and I appreciate the quick response.

Not sure if it's illegal here to talk about here but I downloaded the game from some website. Video games are too expensive. I've copied the files over via FTP four times now, so the backup may be the problem.

I did my homework on the problem, somewhere who posted here on this website claimed that a video that usually plays when walking out to the Platinum Strip is missing or corrupted with the downloaded version and that there was a fix available, I have yet to find this fix however.

I would assume the problem could be avoided if there were a save that got me just beyond that point, but I haven't found that either. If someone could help me I would gladly appreciate it.

.: Edit :.
Stalked around a bit and found the post I was talking about.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Mastadon ; 06-16-2011 at 03:24 AM.
06-16-2011, 03:53 AM #4
Redfield
PcF* Disbanded
I have the Europe Version of the game, I put it on an External HDD, then in multiman Select+X, works fine, no PKG's needed
06-16-2011, 04:01 AM #5
Originally posted by Redfield View Post
I have the Europe Version of the game, I put it on an External HDD, then in multiman Select+X, works fine, no PKG's needed

Is your external HDD in NTFS or FAT32 format? Like I said in my first post, MultiMan won't recognize my NTFS HDD.
06-16-2011, 04:04 AM #6
Redfield
PcF* Disbanded
Is your external HDD in NTFS or FAT32 format? Like I said in my first post, MultiMan won't recognize my NTFS HDD.

its Fat32, PS3 wont recognize your External if its NTFS
06-16-2011, 04:20 AM #7
Originally posted by Redfield View Post
its Fat32, PS3 wont recognize your External if its NTFS

Formatting right now. It's late but I won't be able to sleep until I got this figured out. Thanks for the tip but I thought MultiMan added the support for NTFS HDD's?
06-16-2011, 04:29 AM #8
Redfield
PcF* Disbanded
Formatting right now. It's late but I won't be able to sleep until I got this figured out. Thanks for the tip but I thought MultiMan added the support for NTFS HDD's?

not sure if it was ever implemented in multiman, it will work once you get the drive formatted, no freezing when going to the strip Smile
Last edited by Redfield ; 06-16-2011 at 04:40 AM.
06-16-2011, 04:39 AM #9
I have the European version already. That's the one that's plastered all over online, most common I suspect.
06-16-2011, 04:41 AM #10
Redfield
PcF* Disbanded
yea, just read your post again, so hope you get it working, should try out the mods for it as well, fun but gets boring quick

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo