06-16-2011, 06:47 PM #1
jakeyboy2172
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi just wondering if any one can help me i have a 40Gb ps3 with a 250gb Western Digital Hardrive inside of it and no bluray discdrive cos i bought it without one in. But it is stuck in update loop and it keeps failing at 68% thens tries again and again and i cant seem to fix it. If any one can post any ideas to help me or send me to a tread that would be very kind. I forgot to say i have heard of bluray bypass pups but i cant do that cos it stuck in update loop and i dont think bluray bypass pups let you use pkg's im not sure. i have also tried using PS3jig on my PSP but didnt work any help would be amazing thanks.
06-16-2011, 07:16 PM #2
jonathondowd
Pokemon Trainer
what FW are you on and what are you updating to?
06-16-2011, 07:24 PM #3
shaneod
I defeated!
I can't remember the thread so i hope you have some knowledge on putting a laptop hard-drive in your pc. Basically, take your ps3 hard-drive out of your ps3 and put it into the pc using either specific cables which I forget the name of (you can google) or get something else to fit the hard-drive in the pc.
Anyway, run easeus partition manager to wipe the drive and you'll be able to use the ps3 again. You can't update without a working bluray drive!
It doesn't matter what version you're on. Either way this method should work on all versions.
06-16-2011, 07:26 PM #4
This is so funny, LOL!

The following 3 users groaned at Famas103 for this awful post:

Clutch Hunterr, jakeyboy2172, Stack0verfl0w
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM #5
jonathondowd
Pokemon Trainer
2.5 ide to Usb is what you want
06-16-2011, 08:16 PM #6
stuartlittle98
Do a barrel roll!
try downloading the update from a different computer, TRUST ME.
I had the same problem with this when i was swapping a 160 - 250.
I have no idea how it is the computers fault but downloading it on a different computer made it work for me. And it was stuck on 68 percent before i swapped.
Even if i went into recover it would come up data is corrupt.
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM #7
Stack0verfl0w
Computer engineer
Originally posted by jakeyboy2172 View Post
Hi just wondering if any one can help me i have a 40Gb ps3 with a 250gb Western Digital Hardrive inside of it and no bluray discdrive cos i bought it without one in. But it is stuck in update loop and it keeps failing at 68% thens tries again and again and i cant seem to fix it. If any one can post any ideas to help me or send me to a tread that would be very kind. I forgot to say i have heard of bluray bypass pups but i cant do that cos it stuck in update loop and i dont think bluray bypass pups let you use pkg's im not sure. i have also tried using PS3jig on my PSP but didnt work any help would be amazing thanks.

You must login or register to view this content. here you go good luck redeem yourself
06-16-2011, 08:56 PM #8
blitz_7
Save Point
The ps3jig and my PSP was the only thing that got me out of my update loop.
06-17-2011, 12:03 PM #9
jakeyboy2172
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by jonathondowd View Post
2.5 ide to Usb is what you want

ive got one of those

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

i tried that what did you do to get out of it i tried it but it didnt work

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by 9762
You must login or register to view this content. here you go good luck redeem yourself

Yeh thanks for that mate thats the thread ive looked at b4 but i cant use them because im stuck in an update loop which i need to get out of because the update is stopping me from getting into recovery. Plz plz help or should i just buy another hardrive
06-17-2011, 12:05 PM #10
Okami
Known As Yukuku
you gotta be on 3.55 or lower

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

you should be able to get into recovery

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo