Post: Cfw 4.21/4.30 and future cfws to come---Read this thread before updating
11-01-2012, 03:42 AM #1
ryu2050
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); We now have new CFW’s to install on our PS3′s, that is awesome, but unfortunately, that has brought with it a new wave of n00bs, now don’t get me wrong, i’m not bashing n00bs, we are all n00bish at something, but it appears that n00bs in the PS3 Scene don’t like to read information before asking junk questions and threads here,

Q.) I’m too afraid to risk going to 4.xx CFW, how can i still have Homebrew ?
A.) Well this is obviously the wrong thread for you, i advise you to move on.......

For those of you wanting 4.xx CFW, then continue reading below.

Q.) I have a 3K or 4K model, can i install 4.xx CFW.
A.) No any model in which you cannot downgrade to 3.55 or any model that has the new bootldr cannot have CFW installed, there is no timeline of when these models will be hacked or if they will ever be hacked, so go away and try and find a downgradeable model, for the rest of you lucky people with good PS3′s, continue below ..

Q.) Can 4.xx CFW be installed on 4.xx OFW ?
A.) NO, NO and NO, you need to DOWNGRADE to a 3.55 Firmware.

Q.) Can i Software Downgrade from 4.xx OFW ?
A.) NO, at the moment you MUST, use a Hardware Flasher, like Progskeet or E3, if you are comfortable with soldering, then Progskeet is the recommended device.

Q.) Can i brick my PS3 installing a 4.xx CFW ?
A.) Yes, as with all OFW’s or CFW’s you have a chance of bricking, with CFW’s your chances of bricking become a lot higher, when you dont read.

Q.) Can i brick my PS3 by downgrading ?
A.) Of course you can, but most bricks occur due to user error.

Q.) Who is to blame for any bricks ?
A.) You as the user are, most bricks are down to user error, take your time to read, take your time to understand, take all the time possible and have some patience, it will pay off and be rewarding in the end.

Q.) Will there ever be a method to upgrade from straight from 4.xx OFW to 4.xx CFW ?
A.) Nope just be patient and wait until the PlayStation 4 is released.

Q.) Will there ever be a method to Software Downgrade from 4.xx ?
A.) Nope Just be patient and wait until the PlayStation 4 is released.

INSTALLING A NEW CUSTOM FIRMWARE

Now at the moment, Rogero is the only one releasing a reliable CFW, dont count E3 they are greedy people.
Latest version is 4.30 cfw.

To install any cfw as of now you have to be on 3.55 ofw/cfw then directly upgrade to the latest cfw via recovery menu.(If you still now don't know how to access recovery menu on your ps3 and intend to hack it, chuck your ps3 out of the window of your houseAwesome face lol just kidding search google)

source You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by ryu2050 ; 11-01-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added source

The following 6 users say thank you to ryu2050 for this useful post:

Daddy, Dr.Fox, GE90, JakeP0500, Press ►, Swampman

The following user groaned ryu2050 for this awful post:

Devil Child
11-01-2012, 03:48 AM #2
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
Originally posted by ryu2050 View Post
A.) You as the user are, most bricks are down to user error, take your time to read, take your time to understand, take all the time possible and have some patience, it will pay off and be rewarding in the end.
the guy who installs the pup is not always responsible for a brick. The maker of the pup could of coded something wrong,data corrupted etc like rogero did on 4.21 also it depends how you install it and you should always your md5 on the pup. Some times the user is at fault if he knew it was faulty like could brick his ps3 but mainly its the pup maker5s fault. I always check my md5,pup files,and restore to ofw b4 updating to another cfw in recover menu

The following 2 users say thank you to Xx--AIDAN--xX for this useful post:

GreenTea101, WiiHOMEBREW
11-01-2012, 04:54 AM #3
Devil Child
Error… Cat invasion!
We now have new CFW’s to install on our PS3′s, that is awesome, but unfortunately, that has brought with it a new wave of n00bs, now don’t get me wrong, i’m not bashing n00bs, we are all n00bish at something, but it appears that n00bs in the PS3 Scene don’t like to read information before asking junk questions and threads here,

Q.) I’m too afraid to risk going to 4.xx CFW, how can i still have Homebrew ?
A.) Well this is obviously the wrong thread for you, i advise you to move on.......

For those of you wanting 4.xx CFW, then continue reading below.

Q.) I have a 3K or 4K model, can i install 4.xx CFW.
A.) No any model in which you cannot downgrade to 3.55 or any model that has the new bootldr cannot have CFW installed, there is no timeline of when these models will be hacked or if they will ever be hacked, so go away and try and find a downgradeable model, for the rest of you lucky people with good PS3′s, continue below ..

Q.) Can 4.xx CFW be installed on 4.xx OFW ?
A.) NO, NO and NO, you need to DOWNGRADE to a 3.55 Firmware.

Q.) Can i Software Downgrade from 4.xx OFW ?
A.) NO, at the moment you MUST, use a Hardware Flasher, like Progskeet or E3, if you are comfortable with soldering, then Progskeet is the recommended device.

Q.) Can i brick my PS3 installing a 4.xx CFW ?
A.) Yes, as with all OFW’s or CFW’s you have a chance of bricking, with CFW’s your chances of bricking become a lot higher, when you dont read.

Q.) Can i brick my PS3 by downgrading ?
A.) Of course you can, but most bricks occur due to user error.

Q.) Will there ever be a method to upgrade from straight from 4.xx OFW to 4.xx CFW ?
A.) Nope just be patient and wait until the PlayStation 4 is released.

Q.) Will there ever be a method to Software Downgrade from 4.xx ?
A.) Nope Just be patient and wait until the PlayStation 4 is released.

INSTALLING A NEW CUSTOM FIRMWARE

Now at the moment, Rogero is the only one releasing a reliable CFW, dont count E3 they are greedy people.
Latest version is 4.30 cfw.

To install any cfw as of now you have to be on 3.55 ofw/cfw then directly upgrade to the latest cfw via recovery menu.(If you still now don't know how to access recovery menu on your ps3 and intend to hack it, chuck your ps3 out of the window of your houseAwesome face lol just kidding search google)

LV 0 keys have been unlockes. Only a mater of time until we can upgrade from 3.56+ to 3.56+ cfw

The following 3 users groaned at Devil Child for this awful post:

Daddy, DEREKTROTTER, x420XP
11-01-2012, 04:55 AM #4
mack32
Hurah!
Originally posted by xX View Post
the guy who installs the pup is not always responsible for a brick. The maker of the pup could of coded something wrong,data corrupted etc like rogero did on 4.21 also it depends how you install it and you should always your md5 on the pup. Some times the user is at fault if he knew it was faulty like could brick his ps3 but mainly its the pup maker5s fault. I always check my md5,pup files,and restore to ofw b4 updating to another cfw in recover menu

He gives a warning about installing which makes thats your responsibility. All devs that make CFWs give you a warning about installing and how it may brick your ps3 .
11-01-2012, 04:58 AM #5
ryu2050
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by xX View Post

yep its generally the user fault as no one told/forced him/her to use a cfw or use a wrongly coded cfw , he used it knowing the dangers he got the brick lol!!! Developers can make mistake as they are also human beings!!!
11-01-2012, 05:02 AM #6
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
Originally posted by mack32 View Post
He gives a warning about installing which makes thats your responsibility. All devs that make CFWs give you a warning about installing and how it may brick your ps3 .
yes but not all makers of there pup know if it will brick a ps3 because a brick can take place anyhow and like i said always check your md5

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

yep its generally the user fault as no one told/forced him/her to use a cfw or use a wrongly coded cfw , he used it knowing the dangers he got the brick lol!!! Developers can make mistake as they are also human beings!!!
its a 50/50 really because as much as you take a risk of installing it you make brick because of the pup maker,generally your fault or wrong md5 which is not your fault kinda but fact is not every1 knows if there pups are safe a brick can be caused by anything
11-01-2012, 05:17 AM #7
TrueDemise
Gym leader
Originally posted by Devil
LV 0 keys have been unlockes. Only a mater of time until we can upgrade from 3.56+ to 3.56+ cfw
I thought the private keys were needed for that? I heard around a few forums that they were needed for that.
Last edited by TrueDemise ; 11-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.
11-01-2012, 05:31 AM #8
ryu2050
Treasure hunter
whatever this thread is just all the facts combined that noobs ask every time they see a new cfw or a hack,hope this helps ngu and its new members.

No you cant 3.56+ firmwares removes the exploited metldr (asecure loader) and boots from a bootldr (Boot Loader) which is not fully exploited as of now.Also onward 3.56 sony updated the way a firmware installs on ps3 so a ps3 can easily detect a modified firmware via various checks which is integrated on 3.56+.Also sony removed/changed the offsets of qa flag so qa flag doesn't work anymore on higher firmwares. Read the thread 1st it is not to debate whether we can get a cfw install on ofw it is a thread to warn noobs from asking stupid questions

Installing cfw on 3.56+ ofw will require some and a new exploit because sony already patched the hole that gave us cfw install over official firmwares.Lets see but 1st we need a more stable cfw like we have on 3.55 lol Happy
Last edited by ryu2050 ; 11-01-2012 at 01:12 PM.
11-01-2012, 08:42 AM #9
1) The exploit used to get debug options on OFW to make CFW got patched after 3.56+ so the LV0 keys don't do us much good on that department.
2) If they figure a way around this then the 4.XX CFW's of today would be useless because we wouldn't have to sign them with the 3.55 private keys anymore.
3) Even if the Devs find away, the LV0 keys got LEAKED and was not going to be released at ALL, so now you expect the holy grail hack to be released. GET REAL! :boss:

P.S.- Why groan his post when he just put all the current info into an easy Q&A format?

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Yes what you say is true but we must take into account that these are hacks, the user is the primary responsible person and anyone/thing else is secondary.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

The following user thanked Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

ryu2050
11-01-2012, 11:09 AM #10
iwow
Keeper

No, no, no, please do your research.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo