04-08-2013, 02:56 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); good day sir(s) !

first of all , I'm a total noob about this stuffs so please help me .

as far as the title goes , my PS3 is currently in Rogero 4.40 v1.03 ( is that right ? ) and I'm using multiMAN 4.30 .
and what I really wanted from Rebug 4.30.2 is that it can use the " Fake Save User Option " , which my current CFW doesn't have ( is that right , again ? ) so that's why I'll be changing my CFW . so , would you guys help on how to install in detail this kind of stuffs ? I'm totally new to this things . any help is mostly appreciated . please help , please ?
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM #2
Isn't the "Fake Save User Option" a debug option?
04-08-2013, 03:13 PM #3
what are you implying , sir ? do you mean that I can debug with Rogero 4.40 ?
04-08-2013, 03:18 PM #4
Originally posted by mugiwaraluffy View Post
what are you implying , sir ? do you mean that I can debug with Rogero 4.40 ?

Edit: No.
Last edited by x AsTroNoMiA x ; 04-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
04-08-2013, 04:06 PM #5
JustCrazy
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by 420
No. Downgrade to 3.55 with the 999 Downgrader, then update to Rebug 4.30.2 Smile

DONT DO THAT DO

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

THIS >>credit to user>>link at bottom>>give him thumbs up not me

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->Awesome faceUMP LV2(NO)->Awesome faceUMP LV1(NO)->Awesome faceUMP FLASH(YES)

2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.30.2 from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

3- Install Rebug Update Package 0.1:
Download Rebug_Update_Package_0.1_4.30.x.pkg from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, install it from Package Manager, launch it under Games, follow the on screen prompts, the screen will freeze for a while when you press Yes, do NOT force shut down your PS3 at this stage or else you will get a nice and shiny RSOD! Just be patient and wait for it to finish what it's doing, it will reboot if needed when finished. Once the PS3 has rebooted you can delete Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed.

4- Enable QA and spoof to 4.40:
Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading. Now go to Selector and change System Mode to Rebug, this will spoof to 4.40 to prevent accidental updates and allow PSN access. You can also change XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably won't need.
Read more at You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by JustCrazy ; 04-08-2013 at 04:16 PM.
04-08-2013, 04:56 PM #6
Yea, follow that and everything should go smoothly, but DO! the optional step, incase you get a brick you will be able to unbrick if you have a backup of your dump's.
04-09-2013, 01:52 AM #7
Originally posted by x View Post

2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.30.2 from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

at this step , I've done this . and I got a message that says " data corrupted " and I had to go back . I don't know why . is something the matter ? did I go wrong on something ?
04-09-2013, 01:59 AM #8
JustCrazy
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by mugiwaraluffy View Post
at this step , I've done this . and I got a message that says " data corrupted " and I had to go back . I don't know why . is something the matter ? did I go wrong on something ?

On your usb did you make 1st folder PS3 then click on it then make 2nd folder UPDATE then click on it then your 3rd folder is PS3UPDAT.PUP that you downloaded?
04-09-2013, 02:05 AM #9
if what you meant is :

at the root of my USB , make folder named PS3
then inside of that folder is another folder named UPDATE
then inside that folder is the PUP file . then yeah . I did that .
04-09-2013, 02:06 AM #10
Originally posted by x View Post
On your usb did you make 1st folder PS3 then click on it then make 2nd folder UPDATE then click on it then your 3rd folder is PS3UPDAT.PUP that you downloaded?

It's either that or the pup file your using. Also reformat your usb, it could be that as well.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo