06-17-2014, 10:13 PM #1
iDon
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok so I had this old phat ps3 for a while turned it on everything worked great. except the bluray drive. but anyways I went and got it downgraded and jailbroken and cfw installed with online psn access. now I noticed I can install any pkg. in fact the dude installed a fan mod app on the ps3 and got it to work, anyways I get home I try to onstall enstones console manager pkg on the ps3 and it stays black. I have to power down the ps3 cause it freezes. now this maybe cause I took the ps3 apart how im supposed to and tried to see if there was a disc on the blu ray drive since it was indicating there was a disc but it wasn't ejecting. no disc so I pit everythkng back how it was. what can this be? I want to be able to download games on the ps3 and apps, but like I said I tried multimn and the consoe manager and it went black. any help would be appreciated.

I can install the apps but when I click on them screen goes black, im on the latest habib.
06-24-2014, 05:20 PM #47
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Swifter View Post
99% ugh i see... Installing that rebug 4.21 threw you back quite few steps. :\ regret linking you Derrek's thread & not mentioning to you not to install rebug 4.21.. =Z *sigh* didn't think you would tbh. Thought you would do the convert process on that no-BD drive patched rebug 4.46 CFW i advised you to install... Oh well, can't change the past.

Anyway... If still after all these hours it's unfortunately still stuck on 99%, then turn off ps3 & attempt this:

Researched/google'd quite a lot & found this also fix/method trick may work -> You must login or register to view this content. but a second new fresh/0 filled/fully formatted HDD is needed i think.

..But for now attempt & try above guide HeyManHRU i've quoted.
if 99% again, replace the current PS3UPDAT.PUP cfw that on your usb instead with this below

[url]https://mega.co.nz/#!vtYX1QZZ!WUin3VkCtoxR_GEi4MtGbZkgdcanKuUq7TIxJy_ JMDs[/url]
MD5: b3a512a12886c24db1ec4f01871d1f3f

You must login or register to view this content.
MD5: 3F94515E1B6E3C0CE546A30F229EEFF6

md5: aa83902c9c04f1015034e450f251a80a

Md5= FC52E079F2893EC9DD9DF89805B92F16

MD5: 96f9488fe20937825780a973c6e4cb85

MD5: 1147DF2A5B13032843B651C20FB5E8C3

md5 = ba41ecbdf3de3a541ab77c9e28ca2490

And lastly if all the above fail, Rogero's downgrade pup: You must login or register to view this content.
MD5: b67747f529d047d63151786544a58b50

Try to install each CFW above twice before you try the next one (as sometimes in rare occasions 2nd time installation works somehow). And hopefully one of the above has a check patch for 99% stage and will work/install fully 100%.

And Important if once one of the above firmwares works (100% installs/completes & you are in XMB) stop then where you're at & DONT install any of the rest/cfws.

Let me know then.

==========
If none above PUPs work then i'm sorry, but you'll just have to simply buy a replacement ribbon cable for the bluray drive from ebay i suggest, Edit: OR if you can borrow from a friends ps3 temporarily?? (borrow & use his/her bluray drive + it's flat ribbon cable & the 3" grew/black power cable).. just as because you're making it difficult for your[s]self[/s] PS3

Worst case scenario i'm guessing without blu-ray ribbon cable & if none of the above CFWs install/work.. Then well i think you'll have maybe to get/buy an E3 card reader & via lv2 + FSM (factory service mode) reinstall 3.55 OFW while with bluray drive fully connected, or else get stuck in loop all over again. But i'm not 100% sure about the e3 reader & FSM if it that'll make any difference for you to be honest. If i mean installing firmware from FSM is better than installing via from recovery menu. If one's really better than the other. Idk

I might get my blueay drive fixed by a man on craigslist. not sure yet though as im still at work. if he does fixes the bluraydrive. can he also fix that update loop?because it was still stuck at 99% so I turned it off and and back on and it sayspress ps button of course then the system software cannot be run correctly,press the ps button to try and restart the system(which I do and nothing happens)it goes back to the press home button.

if the system cannot be restarted you must reinstall the system software. connect storage media that contains update data 3.55 or later and press select and start and bla bla bla. now if I reformat the drive I wont be jailbroken anymore? or how can I still be jailbroken nd get passed that message?

when press the select and start button from that message I just mentioned it says checking data and then a serious error has occurred. contact technical support for assistance(8002f281)
Last edited by iDon ; 06-24-2014 at 05:23 PM.
06-24-2014, 07:02 PM #48
Swifter
The Swift One
Originally posted by xX View Post
I might get my blueay drive fixed by a man on craigslist. not sure yet though as im still at work. if he does fixes the bluraydrive. can he also fix that update loop?because it was still stuck at 99% so I turned it off and and back on and it sayspress ps button of course then the system software cannot be run correctly,press the ps button to try and restart the system(which I do and nothing happens)it goes back to the press home button.

if the system cannot be restarted you must reinstall the system software. connect storage media that contains update data 3.55 or later and press select and start and bla bla bla. now if I reformat the drive I wont be jailbroken anymore? or how can I still be jailbroken nd get passed that message?

when press the select and start button from that message I just mentioned it says checking data and then a serious error has occurred. contact technical support for assistance(8002f281)

No, after formatting HDD ps3 will still allow installation of CFW. Part of the firmware is stored on the hard drive, and that is the reason you have to re-install it again. But you will not lose your CFW if you don't install a OFW. Obviously you will lose the contents/data of your hard drive though.

Important flash files part ROS0 & ROS1 version that is still 3.55 and that's in the NOR or NAND flash chip, so if you don't install a 3.56+ OFW you've got nothing to worry about, you won't lose your console's CFW ability basically i should say again lol.

Also if you don't know already, i guess i'm going to be the one to have to tell you this as well.
if you do get the blu-ray drive fixed/repaired. take/eject game disc out if one's inside it before when installing CFW. As the PS3 first checks PS3UPDAT.PUP inside PS3 bluray game disc & 2nd source is USB flash drive.. 'Cos If you're not careful without realizing you might accidentally update it to a OFW. So basically yeah let me summarize that... It's very important whether it being from via XMB or Recovery Menu, that there's no ps3 game disc inside bluray drive if when installing or re-instaling CFW from usb

Anyway back on topic, hmm "8002f281" hmm uou say aye.. :cstare: ↓
    Update error 0x8002F281 Error with installing Firmware update. Check the connection of the Wifi/BT board. 

wow how many issues does your PS3 have... Happy

Anyway, this solution worked for someone who's PS3 got 8002f281 error like yours ↴
"fixed my issue by installing 3.55 rogero RSOD update.. Now my Ps3 [s]are[/s] is alive"

So yeah don't know if i have to state the obvious, but i'll say, so you can be sure.. Try to get your PS3 into Recovery Menu if you can. & on your USB flash drive stick rogero downgrader rsod pup.
Last edited by Swifter ; 06-25-2014 at 01:49 PM.
06-25-2014, 10:20 PM #49
iDon
I’m too L33T
No, after formatting HDD ps3 will still allow installation of CFW. Part of the firmware is stored on the hard drive, and that is the reason you have to re-install it again. But you will not lose your CFW if you don't install a OFW. Obviously you will lose the contents/data of your hard drive though.

Important flash files part ROS0 & ROS1 version that is still 3.55 and that's in the NOR or NAND flash chip, so if you don't install a 3.56+ OFW you've got nothing to worry about, you won't lose your console's CFW ability basically i should say again lol.

Also if you don't know already, i guess i'm going to be the one to have to tell you this as well.
if you do get the blu-ray drive fixed/repaired. take/eject game disc out if one's inside it before when installing CFW. As the PS3 first checks PS3UPDAT.PUP inside PS3 bluray game disc & 2nd source is USB flash drive.. 'Cos If you're not careful without realizing you might accidentally update it to a OFW. So basically yeah let me summarize that... It's very important whether it being from via XMB or Recovery Menu, that there's no ps3 game disc inside bluray drive if when installing or re-instaling CFW from usb

Update error 0x8002F281 Error with installing Firmware update. Check the connection of the Wifi/BT board. 

Anyway, this solution worked for someone who's PS3 got 8002f281 error like yours ↴
"fixed my issue by installing 3.55 rogero RSOD update.. Now my Ps3 [s]are[/s] is alive"

So yeah don't know if i have to state the obvious, but i'll say, so you can be sure.. Try to get your PS3 into Recovery Menu if you can. & on your USB flash drive stick rogero downgrader rsod pup.

that didn't work either, question now. if I reformat the hdd to fat 32 on my computer with a hdd enclosure. what firmware do I install on it when I format the hdd to fat 32? rogero 3.55 downgrader or?
06-26-2014, 04:37 AM #50
iDon
I’m too L33T

ok the repair of the bluray drive didn't work, but I got the hdd formatted and now is on 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT, now what cfw do I install from here, that wouldn't mess me up like it did before? remember I want to convert to dex. do I now install rebug 4.46? or rogero v7?and also before I got the ps3 not working I already got the eid root key, do I need to do that again?
06-26-2014, 08:28 PM #51
iDon
I’m too L33T
Anyone
06-26-2014, 09:16 PM #52
Swifter
The Swift One
ok the repair of the bluray drive didn't work, but I got the hdd formatted and now is on 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT, now what cfw do I install from here, that wouldn't mess me up like it did before? remember I want to convert to dex. do I now install rebug 4.46? or rogero v7?and also before I got the ps3 not working I already got the eid root key, do I need to do that again?

Sorry, i forgot to get on NGU last night as i was watch 2 simultaneous world cup matches..

Anyway nice, looks like you figured out for yourself what to do there. And 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT successfully installed via from recovery menu :yes: that's great & you can save the console without need for the bluray drive after all then. + no E3 card reader needed to buy Winky Winky

Ok then, since you installed 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT pup then again, you'll have to dehash/toggle QA again (as PS3 syscon is currently set to 9.99 & syscon need's to be set/reset to 3.55 to allow an installation of another 3.55+ CFW.

So yeah basically you need to enable/toggle QA once or twice (if below combo test can't get to work).

After that, verify/test QA flag was set.. Go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key/button combo (all at the same time): [highlight]L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down[/highlight]

Almost instantly you should see 'Edy Viewer', 'Awesome faceebug Settings', and 'Install Package Files' if done correctly.

..Now that you have QA flag set, Turn Off your PS3 and Turn it back on but into Safe Mode/"Recovery Menu".
From option '6.' Install MLT_3.55_BDEmu_PS3UPDAT.PUP (and renamed to PS3UPDAT.PUP) that's in your USB “PS3” > “UPDATE” > folder...Like you did in page3 few days ago Saturday.. -> You must login or register to view this content.
md5 = c1a4f5ca8941b289c5731c7fe0864c4b

After that above dehashed+ installed is all done, the PS3's core syscon should be set to 3.55. And after finally again last step & final step, last firmware to install. This CFW ->You must login or register to view this content. ← :Which is if you haven't forgotten, the Rebug 4.46 for no blu-ray drive.
Which has got broken/No BD installation bypass FW patches & 'Patched To Run Homebrew Without BD Drive' patches' basically.

You can install it from XMB or recovery, but yeah once again to be safe i recommend & advise you install from Recovery Menu Mode Smile

=========.
...After once you're on the patched BD Rebug 4.46 CFW, don't install normal/none not BD patched rebug 4.21 please.(or it'll get messed up into the update loop again)

So yeah do the convert process on the BD Rebug 4.46 CFW that you'll lastly be on. Ok? :p Needa

========
Solved i think, hopefully finally... Have a good day & night. bye for now Hi
Last edited by Swifter ; 06-28-2014 at 10:42 PM.
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM #53
iDon
I’m too L33T
Sorry, i forgot to get on NGU last night as i was watch 2 simultaneous world cup matches..

Anyway nice, looks like you figured out for yourself what to do there. And 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT successfully installed via from recovery menu :yes: that's great & you can save the console without need for the bluray drive after all then. + no E3 card reader needed to buy Winky Winky

Ok then, since you installed 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT pup then again, you'll have to dehash/toggle QA again (as PS3 syscon is currently set to 9.99 & syscon need's to be set/reset to 3.55 to allow an installation of another 3.55+ CFW.

So yeah basically you need to enable/toggle QA once or twice (if below combo test can't get to work).

After that, verify/test QA flag was set.. Go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key/button combo (all at the same time): [highlight]L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down[/highlight]

Almost instantly you should see 'Edy Viewer', 'Awesome faceebug Settings', and 'Install Package Files' if done correctly.

..Now that you have QA flag set, Turn Off your PS3 and Turn it back on but into Safe Mode/"Recovery Menu".
From option '6.' Install MLT_3.55_BDEmu_PS3UPDAT.PUP (and renamed to PS3UPDAT.PUP) that's in your USB “PS3” > “UPDATE” > folder...Like you did in page3 few days ago Saturday.. -> You must login or register to view this content.
md5 = c1a4f5ca8941b289c5731c7fe0864c4b

After that above dehashed+ installed is all done, the PS3's core syscon should be set to 3.55. And after finally again last step & final step, last firmware to install. This CFW ->You must login or register to view this content. ← :Which is if you haven't forgotten, the Rebug 4.46 for no blu-ray drive.
Which has got broken/No BD installation bypass FW patches & 'Patched To Run Homebrew Without BD Drive' patches' basically.

You can install it from XMB or recovery, but yeah once again to be safe i recommend & advise you install from Recovery Menu Mode Smile

=========.
...After once you're on the patched BD Rebug 4.46 CFW, don't install normal/no BD patched rebug 4.21 please.(or it'll get messed up into the update loop)

So yeah do the convert process on the BD Rebug 4.46 CFW that you'll lastly be on. Ok? :p Needa

========
Solved i think, hopefully finally... Have a good day & night. bye for now Hi

ok how about the eid root key? do I need to do that again?(cause I did it before the update loop and saved it)?

EDIT: ok I have rebug 4.46 installed now. now I can begin the process to convert to dex?
Last edited by iDon ; 06-27-2014 at 12:08 AM.
06-27-2014, 12:17 AM #54
Swifter
The Swift One
ok how about the eid root key? do I need to do that again?(cause I did it before the update loop and saved it)?

EDIT: ok I have rebug 4.46 installed now. now I can begin the process to convert to dex?

If you've got eid root key already from the first time, then na, no you don't need it again as it's still the same. It never changes.

PS3 on the BD patched Rebug 4.46 CFW. Nice, well done man :yes:
Yes you can start/continue conversion to dex process, just remember no Rebug 4.21.. k? =D
06-27-2014, 12:25 AM #55
iDon
I’m too L33T
If you've got eid root key already from the first time, then na, no you don't need it again as it's still the same. It never changes.

PS3 on the BD patched Rebug 4.46 CFW. Nice, well done man :yes:
Yes you can start/continue conversion to dex process, just remember no Rebug 4.21.. k? =D

Got it lol. You're the best. Thanks for all of your help man. I have another question. Here's this rogero/rebug 4xx Spoofer to 4.60. Would I be able to use that?

The following user thanked iDon for this useful post:

Swifter

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo