01-31-2015, 05:49 PM #1
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OKAY... heres what happened, downgrading my ps3 fat and i made 2 good backups i patched on of the backups and flashed it on, turned off the ps3 took out the e3 and put the hdd in as its a fat it was tight for space, so anyway put in the hdd and turned back on the ps3, it was acting like a YLOD and wouldnt turn on, iv looked online at doing the soldering nor tristate to the part on the e3 ribbon cable now before it was working the system would stay on but then when i tried to put the backup on i would get 3 flashing lights, but now i have tried my brand new e3 clip cause mine was a little warn out didnt connect to the nor very will was loose, now it just shuts down with ylod symptom but what i did today is, the e3 wasn't powering up so i got my fingers in and unclipped it and the ps3 turned on but yet still i am bricked please can some one help me :(
02-02-2015, 09:42 AM #38
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Originally posted by N0R View Post
Let me know when you are willing to try again!

Do I have to have everything plugged in when doing this eg USB ports blu ray ect
02-02-2015, 09:52 AM #39
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Let me know when you are willing to try again!

Okay, so from what iv read, I am now soft bricked? So I need to do a different method now? Because I no longer have the ylod symptom I now have no sound or picture or HDD activity, so do I still need the wire that I soldered? Does it still need to be connected?

Thanks for all your help so far....
02-02-2015, 10:13 AM #40
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Glenn
Okay, so from what iv read, I am now soft bricked? So I need to do a different method now? Because I no longer have the ylod symptom I now have no sound or picture or HDD activity, so do I still need the wire that I soldered? Does it still need to be connected?

Thanks for all your help so far....

Good man,never let these hardware hacks get to you,the longest I can recall in my past took about 4 long days until I finally had the unit working as per normal again!
So,from my knowledge yes you would still need the wire soldered to the tri state point on the mainboard,as you would still need to flash your verified nor dump...and to be honest I never downgraded a ps3 console with this method,i have always used from day 1 the original method of downgrading.....but are you able to at this point flash your nor dump back to the console??
02-02-2015, 11:21 AM #41
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Good man,never let these hardware hacks get to you,the longest I can recall in my past took about 4 long days until I finally had the unit working as per normal again!
So,from my knowledge yes you would still need the wire soldered to the tri state point on the mainboard,as you would still need to flash your verified nor dump...and to be honest I never downgraded a ps3 console with this method,i have always used from day 1 the original method of downgrading.....but are you able to at this point flash your nor dump back to the console??

Okay, well every time it actual goes on it just gives me the same error with the soft brick eh black screen no sound or picture.....
02-02-2015, 11:37 AM #42
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller

What else do I need to downgrade the otherway? I have the e3 and I have a docking station for the hard drive what else?
02-02-2015, 11:49 AM #43
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
What can you recommend if every time I flash the file on it just keeps leaving me with a soft brick? Huh like in nor inspector everything says okay
02-02-2015, 02:11 PM #44
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller

Dude I give up! I seriously do eveytime get it to work it never goes on properly, I'm using my brand new e3 clip and its seated right with reasonable amount of pressure iv cleaned it all and everything, but now when the file goes on every time its still the same black screen & no sound or safe mode, its pointless mays well Chuck it in the bin!:( iv been downgrading consoles for ages and this has never happened and now it can't be fixed although the back up is all good! Grrr
02-03-2015, 01:46 AM #45
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
When I state the old method of downgrading I mean the very first method of using the E3 when it was distributed,I think there is only 2 ways to downgrade using the E3....the method you used and the original method,when I downgrade I place the e3 board into the hdd space,connect the TF board to the E3 board whilst the ribbon cable is connected to the nor chip,also the hdd is connected externally to the docking station.
So,EVERYTIME you flash your nor dump the console is still soft bricked,correct ???
It's all good man,this happens to me aswel at times,you still have 2 more options left before calling it quits entirely.
1. Have you patched your nor dump with the nor patching program and then tried flashing back to the console? If so what was your outcome?
2. Now,this option is the longest yet has NEVER failed me to date with unbricking,download and READ the txt document to the letter with this tut,here is the link
You must login or register to view this content.
With this tut you will have to flash his provided unbrick file first,then flash your verified dump,then continue with the last 3 steps of the actual downgrade which is flashing the E3downgrade.bin
I'm certain after you attempt this method if everything is connected correctly you will report back that your ps3 is finally Unbricked :-)
Last edited by DF_AUS ; 02-03-2015 at 01:49 AM.
02-03-2015, 01:50 AM #46
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Glenn
Dude I give up! I seriously do eveytime get it to work it never goes on properly, I'm using my brand new e3 clip and its seated right with reasonable amount of pressure iv cleaned it all and everything, but now when the file goes on every time its still the same black screen & no sound or safe mode, its pointless mays well Chuck it in the bin!:( iv been downgrading consoles for ages and this has never happened and now it can't be fixed although the back up is all good! Grrr

Let me know of the outcome regardless :-)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo