12-01-2016, 04:19 PM #1
Mtx_FuRy
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey,

I was part of the modding scene here quite a long time ago, when things were much simpler and the OFW was 3.56. I'm looking to get back into modding but am extremely lost on how to downgrade (if it's even possible!), what CFW and some of these new things are, and any possible guides to downgrade.

My ps3 has the serial ending in CECH-2101A and I remember it being downgradeable from 3.56 with my USB tiny mkII and a few files. I'm mainly interested with creating mod menus and experimenting with some of the older CoD games, so if someone could give me recommendations for what stuff I should install for that, I would appreciate that.*

Anyways, I'm looking for someone to help catch me up with the scene. CFW didn't exist when I was around, so I'm wondering what CFW I should downgrade to, if possible. I'm also looking for guides to downgrading for my ps3 model if possible, how online play works with CFW and mods, and other helpful resources to get me back into the scene as quickly as possible!

Thanks!
~FuRy
12-06-2016, 07:53 AM #11
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by FuRy View Post
I've been checking and redoing my setup for the past few hours and keep getting 10001100 error. The last few attempts, I've had the clip attached to the NOR chip and clamped with a hardware clamp with enough force to really scare me. I've tried so many different times to detach and reattach the clip, and clamp it down with even more force than I did the previous time. Every single time, I get the same error when trying to create the backup. Is there any advice for fixing this, or do I just need to learn how to solder and use the E3 linker?

Most of the time you will get errors for pressure and your connection between the clip and the NORchip..its pretty normal for it to be a little bit of a bitch sometimes..

It needs a bit of force, but it also needs to be consistent and evenly distributed. Just keep trying.
Last edited by Dro ; 12-06-2016 at 07:55 AM.
12-06-2016, 05:36 PM #12
Mtx_FuRy
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Most of the time you will get errors for pressure and your connection between the clip and the NORchip..its pretty normal for it to be a little bit of a bitch sometimes..

It needs a bit of force, but it also needs to be consistent and evenly distributed. Just keep trying.

Alright, instead of getting the connection error, I'm now consistently getting the error saying the SD card isn't seated properly (Failed to open TF card, 01001000). What format should my SD card be? FAT32, NTFS? Or would the error be caused by the physical seating of the card in the flasher?

Sorry for keeping you as a personal troubleshooter, by the way.

EDIT: The error message given in a text file on the SD card is this:

"start logging...
program PS3 BIOS.
program from TF.
fail to open 0:bkpps3.bin."

If I'm still on the backup stage of the process, there only file on the SD card should be the update.bin file, right? The only switch on the flasher that is in the up position is the 3rd one, so it should be trying to create a backup.

EDIT 2: Okay, I got one backup to work, but upon checking the backup, I failed one of the checks, so I have to get another backup. I've been trying to get that second backup for the past 3 hours and I've gotten the 01001000 error every time. I have no idea what I'm doing incorrectly. The SD card has a very very small amount of wiggle room. Should it be set in the middle, as far left as possible, as far right as possible? Is my SD card busted? Do I need to reformat after every failed backup attempt? I tried manually holding down the SD card against the slot from the moment i hit the power button and it still gave me the same error.
Last edited by Mtx_FuRy ; 12-06-2016 at 08:50 PM.
12-07-2016, 07:51 AM #13
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by FuRy View Post
Alright, instead of getting the connection error, I'm now consistently getting the error saying the SD card isn't seated properly (Failed to open TF card, 01001000). What format should my SD card be? FAT32, NTFS? Or would the error be caused by the physical seating of the card in the flasher?

Sorry for keeping you as a personal troubleshooter, by the way.

EDIT: The error message given in a text file on the SD card is this:

"start logging...
program PS3 BIOS.
program from TF.
fail to open 0:bkpps3.bin."

If I'm still on the backup stage of the process, there only file on the SD card should be the update.bin file, right? The only switch on the flasher that is in the up position is the 3rd one, so it should be trying to create a backup.

EDIT 2: Okay, I got one backup to work, but upon checking the backup, I failed one of the checks, so I have to get another backup. I've been trying to get that second backup for the past 3 hours and I've gotten the 01001000 error every time. I have no idea what I'm doing incorrectly. The SD card has a very very small amount of wiggle room. Should it be set in the middle, as far left as possible, as far right as possible? Is my SD card busted? Do I need to reformat after every failed backup attempt? I tried manually holding down the SD card against the slot from the moment i hit the power button and it still gave me the same error.

status on your issue?
12-07-2016, 09:14 AM #14
im having the same problem as mix fury i constantly get 01000000
12-07-2016, 05:59 PM #15
Mtx_FuRy
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Saint
status on your issue?

I completed the E3 portion of the downgrade and reassembled my ps3. I got a second backup to work after numerous other attempts at reseating the SD card. That backup had the same 2 failures as the first one, and after more research, it appeared that I didn't have a recent hashlist on my dump checker, so I had to update the hashlist. After that, my dump was ready to be patched. I put that on the SD card, and after a few tries of reseating the card, the E3 flasher installed the patched dump to my ps3 successfully.

My solution to the 01001000 and 01000000 errors were to just keep reseating the SD card until it worked. It took a few hours, but it wasn't that bad. It was better than the terror of hardware clamping the E3 cable to the NOR chip and applying more and more pressure until that worked.

The following user thanked Mtx_FuRy for this useful post:

Dro

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo