12-24-2016, 07:16 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); right ... when i connect my ps3 to tmapi etc all up and working works lovely just if i reboot my ps3 i get given a different ip 200 and somthing i cant connect to but if i reboot again it gives me a 192.xxx.x.xx ip what it should be? im fed up every time i boot up i have a different ip when hardwired to my laptop if that makes seance thanksResistTheSun
12-25-2016, 01:51 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by joshps3101 View Post
right ... when i connect my ps3 to tmapi etc all up and working works lovely just if i reboot my ps3 i get given a different ip 200 and somthing i cant connect to but if i reboot again it gives me a 192.xxx.x.xx ip what it should be? im fed up every time i boot up i have a different ip when hardwired to my laptop if that makes seance thanksResistTheSun

You should be able to set a static IP by going into the network settings and changing the last digits of your ps3's local IP (192.xxx.xxx.???) to any number 0-255 and set it..
That should keep it from changing..
12-25-2016, 03:52 PM #3
thanks will i be able to set it as the same ip as when my ps3 is on wifi? so its just 1 ip for wifi and tmapi? not a tec head in ip's etc dont normally need to, dont see why now but thought i would ask thanks
12-25-2016, 07:25 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by joshps3101 View Post
thanks will i be able to set it as the same ip as when my ps3 is on wifi? so its just 1 ip for wifi and tmapi? not a tec head in ip's etc dont normally need to, dont see why now but thought i would ask thanks

Ok, there is maybe a little more technicality to it than this, but:

You have a public IP, and local IP(s)

Your public IP is the IP of your entire network. This is the one people need to boot you offline, for example, or the one you find when you go to whatismyipdotcom .. It is assigned to your mac address from your ISP.

The local IP(s) is/are the IP(s) that has/have been assigned to the individual device(s) in your network. they are the ones that will start with something like 192.168.1.x or 192.168.2.1 etc...
Your ps3 will have one assigned whenever you connect to the network, but it will not always be assigned the same local IP. Only the last number can/will change(at least afaik)
Setting a static IP will set a permanent local IP to your ps3, so it still connects to the network the same, but it will always be assigned the same local IP. This is the one in your ps3 system settings info and the one you need to put into tmapi.

I hope that makes sense

So basically, if I understand your question correctly, yes the ip you are looking for is the one on your ps3 that connects to your wifi, and yes it is the one that goes into tmapi.
Last edited by Dro ; 12-25-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo