04-20-2017, 11:34 PM #1
jblaze519
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Todayi finally fixed my rsod ps3 yet again after 6 months of not using it its on 4.78.1 rex now i have it converted to dex i dumped the eid root key and lv2self as dex and saved all of it. No if i enter rebug toolbox and exit i get black screen, multiman i leave it black screen i put a game in the bdvd drive i start the game black screen. Anyone know were the hell i fcked up. I cant exit anything without a black screen on exit. It includes the ps store 2. Now is there something that i can do to make it an official dex ps3 insead of an cex converted to a dex thru rebug toolbox. Tutorials anything out there to help me. Thanks to all in advanced to my current situation
04-21-2017, 05:00 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by jblaze519 View Post
Todayi finally fixed my rsod ps3 yet again after 6 months of not using it its on 4.78.1 rex now i have it converted to dex i dumped the eid root key and lv2self as dex and saved all of it. No if i enter rebug toolbox and exit i get black screen, multiman i leave it black screen i put a game in the bdvd drive i start the game black screen. Anyone know were the hell i fcked up. I cant exit anything without a black screen on exit. It includes the ps store 2. Now is there something that i can do to make it an official dex ps3 insead of an cex converted to a dex thru rebug toolbox. Tutorials anything out there to help me. Thanks to all in advanced to my current situation

You can get to the xmb right? It only freezes when you try to do something, correct?
Was the conversion successful? target type and lv2 kernel is DEX in rebug toolbox?
Did you follow up the conversion by installing a DEX cfw?
04-21-2017, 12:36 PM #3
jblaze519
Are you high?
Originally posted by Dro View Post
You can get to the xmb right? It only freezes when you try to do something, correct?
Was the conversion successful? target type and lv2 kernel is DEX in rebug toolbox?
Did you follow up the conversion by installing a DEX cfw?

shit its probably y i cant use anything is because im on cex fw with dex calls but not dex fw how do i install dex fw in my ps3 now is there a vid tutorial for it. and yes everything freezes from xmb on if i click anthing
04-21-2017, 12:49 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
shit its probably y i cant use anything is because im on cex fw with dex calls but not dex fw how do i install dex fw in my ps3 now is there a vid tutorial for it. and yes everything freezes from xmb on if i click anthing

1. Download a (DEX) cfw, such as You must login or register to view this content.
2. Rename the file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" (no quotes)
3. On a fat32 formatted usb flash drive, create a folder named "PS3"
4. Inside the "PS3" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE"
5. Inside the "UPDATE" folder, place the "PS3UPDAT.PUP"

Folder structure should be
fat32FormattedUsbFlashDriveRoot/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

6. Insert the usb flash drive into the rightmost usb port of your ps3
7. Boot your ps3 into recovery (7.alternative, On the XMB, go to the top of the settings column and select "update system")
8. Select option "update system" (8.alternative, Select "from usb device". Do not select "from internet".)
9. Follow the prompt to install
04-21-2017, 12:52 PM #5
jblaze519
Are you high?
Originally posted by Dro View Post
1. Download a (DEX) cfw, such as You must login or register to view this content.
2. Rename the file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" (no quotes)
3. On a fat32 formatted usb flash drive, create a folder named "PS3"
4. Inside the "PS3" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE"
5. Inside the "UPDATE" folder, place the "PS3UPDAT.PUP"

Folder structure should be
fat32FormattedUsbFlashDriveRoot/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

6. Insert the usb flash drive into the rightmost usb port of your ps3
7. Boot your ps3 into recovery (7.alternative, On the XMB, go to the top of the settings column and select "update system")
8. Select option "update system" (8.alternative, Select "from usb device". Do not select "from internet".)
9. Follow the prompt to install

so its basic like installing cex just not cex cause dex has extra shit to do i got copies of everthing so ill do that thanks man
04-21-2017, 06:25 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
so its basic like installing cex just not cex cause dex has extra shit to do i got copies of everthing so ill do that thanks man

Tell us how it works out for you, hoping the best!
05-01-2017, 04:04 PM #7
jblaze519
Are you high?
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Tell us how it works out for you, hoping the best!

worked out good im on dex n no rsod anymore thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo