05-03-2017, 05:40 PM #1
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I just got a PS3 slim on 3.55 ofw. What is my next step to jailbreaking?
I'm new to this. If someone can give me a in depth tutorial, that would be awesome.
05-04-2017, 08:05 PM #11
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
If there is some SPRX's or Tools that need Dex, there is a way to go from Cex to Dex in like literally 4 minutes. Rebug Dex is the one I'm on.

Rebug.me / is where you can find the Cex/Dex ones you need. Just lurk around there for the one you're looking for.

What about the jailbrake itself? Like form 3.55 ofw to cfw. Where can I find that.
05-04-2017, 08:06 PM #12
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by avatar1o1234 View Post
What about the jailbrake itself? Like form 3.55 ofw to cfw. Where can I find that.

Rebug.me

You can find the CFW's that you're looking for there. I haven't been in the PS3 Modding Scene for years now. I don't know if things have changed or not. I just remember once you're on 3.55 OFW, you install 3.55 KMEAW, then choose your decision to go Rebug or another CFW..

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

05-04-2017, 08:07 PM #13
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Rebug.me

You can find the CFW's that you're looking for there. I haven't been in the PS3 Modding Scene for years now. I don't know if things have changed or not. I just remember once you're on 3.55 OFW, you install 3.55 KMEAW, then choose your decision to go Rebug or another CFW..

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by avatar1o1234 ; 05-04-2017 at 08:16 PM.
05-04-2017, 08:16 PM #14
Eddie Mac
At least I can fight
Thanks for the help.
On more thing. Which is better for jailbreaking, phat or slim PlayStations?

Yes Rebug is a great team that makes good custom firmware as Hydrogen has directed you to. Also Slim is way better as phats are known to overheat.
By the way look into "QA flag" and make sure you do this to your ps3 so you can easily switch firmwares later on, like if you want to go from a higher custom firmware to lower custom firmware.

The following user thanked Eddie Mac for this useful post:

05-04-2017, 09:45 PM #15
Vie
Bounty hunter
I just got a PS3 slim on 3.55 ofw. What is my next step to jailbreaking?
I'm new to this. If someone can give me a in depth tutorial, that would be awesome.

(1) Install a 3.55 CFW. ( I use KMEAW which you can find on YouTube. I can't find the video that I usually use)
(2) Install a newer firmware. I suggest Rebug as it is pretty stable. (You can choose any REX version here: You must login or register to view this content.)
(3) Download CCAPI (Follow the written tutorial that comes with it if you need help. You can find it here: You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.)
(4) If you are wanting to use a certain menu or tool that requires a DEX firmware, follow the steps below to convert to DEX.

(1) Go to "Package Manager" in the "Games" tab.
(2) Go to "Install Package Files".
(3) Go to "PS3 System Storage".
(4) Install the pkg file displayed.
(5) Go back to your "Games" tab and open "Rebug Toolbox".
(6) Put a USB in your PS3.
(7) Go to the "Utilities" tab.
(Cool Man (aka Tustin) "Dump eid root key"
(9) Go to "DEX/CEX" tab.
(10) "Rewrite Target ID in Flash"
(11) "Swap LV2 Kernel"
(12) Watch this video:
and follow the tutorial to set up your DEX console.
(13) Download Target Manager (Google search it.)
(14) Open it and click "Add Target" on the top left.
(15) Enter a name and select "Debugging Station".
(16) Enter your PS3's internal IP address (You can find this on your PS3 at this directory. Settings/System Settings/System Information.

You can now download mods for any game. If you have any questions, just ask.

The following user thanked Vie for this useful post:

05-04-2017, 09:46 PM #16
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Vie View Post
(1) Install a 3.55 CFW. ( I use KMEAW which you can find on YouTube. I can't find the video that I usually use)
(2) Install a newer firmware. I suggest Rebug as it is pretty stable. (You can choose any REX version here: You must login or register to view this content.)
(3) Download CCAPI (Follow the written tutorial that comes with it if you need help. You can find it here: You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.)
(4) If you are wanting to use a certain menu or tool that requires a DEX firmware, follow the steps below to convert to DEX.

(1) Go to "Package Manager" in the "Games" tab.
(2) Go to "Install Package Files".
(3) Go to "PS3 System Storage".
(4) Install the pkg file displayed.
(5) Go back to your "Games" tab and open "Rebug Toolbox".
(6) Put a USB in your PS3.
(7) Go to the "Utilities" tab.
(Cool Man (aka Tustin) "Dump eid root key"
(9) Go to "DEX/CEX" tab.
(10) "Rewrite Target ID in Flash"
(11) "Swap LV2 Kernel"
(12) Watch this video:
and follow the tutorial to set up your DEX console.
(13) Download Target Manager (Google search it.)
(14) Open it and click "Add Target" on the top left.
(15) Enter a name and select "Debugging Station".
(16) Enter your PS3's internal IP address (You can find this on your PS3 at this directory. Settings/System Settings/System Information.

You can now download mods for any game. If you have any questions, just ask.

Thx man
05-04-2017, 09:48 PM #17
Vie
Bounty hunter
Thx man

No problem Smile Like I said, if you need help setting up RTM tools, or installing SPRX menus or anything, just ask.

The following 2 users say thank you to Vie for this useful post:

05-06-2017, 01:05 AM #18
I just got a PS3 slim on 3.55 ofw. What is my next step to jailbreaking?

Did you fix your ps3 ? If not pm me and i can help you.
05-06-2017, 07:42 PM #19
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by UnholyTalonTSi View Post
Did you fix your ps3 ? If not pm me and i can help you.

PS3 was never broken. Just wanted to jailbreak.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo