08-24-2010, 04:26 PM #1
GleX
i doesn't hack, seriously
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm sick of all the PSJailbreak topics so I started one by myself, so it will hopefully stop. In this topic I will place all the information together.Claps
PSJailbreak, what is it?
PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact. Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA. Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media. Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play. Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
What are the risks?
Solid indication of Sony likely to ban you is when you’re using PSjailbreak and encounter the error code 8002A227 on Playstation 3. When you’re connected to PSN to play games online, there is a possibility of Sony recording the backup manager game ID (LAUN-12345). Rest assured, when such error code springs up on your screen — you will no longer have access to PSN! So, for awhile, your best bet would be to avoid logging into PSN. In other news – a firmware update by Sony is in the works to seal the PSjailbreak exploit.
**** that, I want to buy it
Official PSJailbreak: You must login or register to view this content.
1st copy of the jailbreak: You must login or register to view this content. (is this one real?)

If you got questions, please place in this topic so we can answer them together and put them into this FAQ:
FAQ:
Q: Does it run 2x faster off the hard-drive than off the disc itself?
A: We will know if there is a test video like Motorstorm BluRay vs. Motorstorm Harddrive

Q:
A:

Q:
A:
etc.

Sticky this? If its worth to..

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

According to Liam_VxR thread:

Following on from our report which informed you about Sony’s possible plans to ban anyone using the new PS3 jailbreak solution, we now have some fresh details from community hacker Mathieulh, who says that the USB method may be available via alternative means.

As taken from PS3Hax, Mathieulh has posted a recent message on Twitter, in relation to PSJailbreak – a USB plug and play device which allows a new way to enable homebrew applications and gives users the ability to save games onto the hard drive.

However, Mathieulh thinks that Sony will fix the problem up with a firmware update, rendering the USB device useless for the time being. He states that the guys responsible for PSJailbreak definitely used Geohot’s PS3 jailbreak method on their USB device and reveals that the exact chip used for it, has already been identified.

As a result, he advises PS3 owners NOT to purchase the USB dongle, as a free and alternative method to allow homebrew content will be available in the nearer future. You can see the message on his Twitter account here: You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by GleX ; 08-24-2010 at 05:20 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to GleX for this useful post:

cgs18, MARY JANE, Omniplasma, Yuki_240sx
08-24-2010, 04:29 PM #2
Nice one m8 glad to see it in one place not all over ....Smile^
08-24-2010, 04:40 PM #3
-Skyline
Anonymous
Nice info. Smile

+Rep for you.
08-24-2010, 04:44 PM #4
So the question is.. Is it really worth it? And how does it run 2x faster off the hard-drive than off the disc itself?
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM #5
nice post i think it should be stickied and updated when ever possible :P
08-24-2010, 05:21 PM #6
GleX
Originally posted by sotgun View Post
So the question is.. Is it really worth it? And how does it run 2x faster off the hard-drive than off the disc itself?

Updated Smile
08-24-2010, 08:05 PM #7
question iv read about a jb free one coming out will this be some thing on a mem stick
08-24-2010, 11:45 PM #8
Mvp
HateFull
great post Smile
08-25-2010, 12:28 AM #9
lyoth
Do a barrel roll!
also it only support fat 32 right now, so any game with a file bigger than 4gb is a no go.
08-25-2010, 01:30 PM #10
GleX
Originally posted by lyoth View Post
also it only support fat 32 right now, so any game with a file bigger than 4gb is a no go.

Is that possible to firmware upgrade?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo