08-26-2010, 10:05 PM #1
BigFudge
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey im just wondering what the big deal with these manuals that were leaked from the demonhades site? I managed to get hold of them but fail to see what the big deal with them is?

Thanks in advance
08-27-2010, 01:32 AM #2
Originally posted by BigFudge View Post
Hey im just wondering what the big deal with these manuals that were leaked from the demonhades site? I managed to get hold of them but fail to see what the big deal with them is?

Thanks in advance

The Leaked files contain all the schematics and software loads for all the proms in the PS3, I found all the JTAG port pins on the CHIP called IC2001, JTAG-TCK/TDO/TDI/TMS

others required are JTAG_TRST_N which is a neg signal saying don't accept. input code.
08-27-2010, 01:39 AM #3
RyGuy88
Wutz n MW2?
Originally posted by cyberdoc View Post
The Leaked files contain all the schematics and software loads for all the proms in the PS3, I found all the JTAG port pins on the CHIP called IC2001, JTAG-TCK/TDO/TDI/TMS

others required are JTAG_TRST_N which is a neg signal saying don't accept. input code.

What he means is, No J-tag on the PS3. At least for now, maybe in the future if there is a sort of work around for it.
08-27-2010, 01:43 AM #4
Originally posted by RyGuy88 View Post
What he means is, No J-tag on the PS3. At least for now, maybe in the future if there is a sort of work around for it.

IT doesn't mean that at all just mean you have to know when or if that JTAG_TRST_N stays 0vdc or if it gets set to 5VDC to load code.

its basicly the PS3s way of asking if the input code is allowed to be accepted.

the entire JTAG is mapped out now, and I will be installing mine and begin testing first thing in the morning. You can cut the trace for that signal and set it to either bias.
08-27-2010, 11:55 AM #5
Originally posted by BigFudge View Post
Hey im just wondering what the big deal with these manuals that were leaked from the demonhades site? I managed to get hold of them but fail to see what the big deal with them is?

Thanks in advance

The only reason people are making a big deal about it is b/c these files were only for Ps3 devs, and were not open to the general public (supposedly). However these documents are old, So nothing new, Plus i mean Demon Hades is one of the Top people trying to hack the Ps3.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo