08-26-2010, 10:11 PM #1
pap0024
Splicer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Source:
You must login or register to view this content.

1.PS3 Firmware (v3.42) Update
2.The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on August 19, 2010 (JST), and will disable the USB ports that are available on all PS3 systems, launched in November 2006. Due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.42 system software update.
3.In addition, disabling the USB ports will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.
4.Consumers and organizations that currently use the USB ports can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems, although the following features will no longer be available;
5.* Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat
6.* Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.42 or later
7.* Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)
8.* Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.42 or later
9.Additional information about PS3 firmware updates, including v3.42 (once it becomes available), can be found here: You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked pap0024 for this useful post:

bieleric
08-26-2010, 10:54 PM #20
pap0024
Splicer
look in my opinion i dont think the jailbreak is going to go far.
my mate works at 1 of the biggest mod shops in the world (oz mod chips)
he said he doesnt believe they can hack every fw update
but look at the psp
the usb drives not working maybee temp, i dont know but sony are determined

The following user thanked pap0024 for this useful post:

Mr slobkilla
08-26-2010, 10:58 PM #21
Originally posted by addiction
this site is mainly for hacking

im constanly hacking so f**K you

ahh sorry but yeah i still happy you can't hack COD online, Like i said one less noob and go and hack on XBOX360 instaed:p

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by dellboy81 View Post
actually just wondering - didnt the original 60gb consoles that have ps2 compatibility also have sd card slots? and did they ever block them - as i guess you could use them instead of usb if you have sd cards.

i use sd micro in a usb stick atm but could put it in an sd adaptor. plus since my ps3 only has a 40gb HDD it would be an upgrade and i can sell my ps2 as well. thats what i would do if this actually happens.

More likely to block them too, Sony got brains you know
08-26-2010, 10:58 PM #22
Default Avatar
AK47_
lol xbox360 moddeers are notthat selfsh like hunter128
08-26-2010, 11:00 PM #23
Come the fu*k on shiver
08-26-2010, 11:02 PM #24
lol please
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM #25
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Originally posted by pap0024 View Post
hahah obliviously your the idiot, whom cant read as well these people are interested in this info and its an upcoming thing which is major

It's wrong to call people idiots while using incorrect grammar (who, not whom. "Who" is a subject, and "whom" is an object =D)

And yes, this post says that the update (will be) August 16, and right now it's the 26th.

And to all concerned:

If Sony decides to remove USB port functionality, it'd probably just be the ability for things plugged in to the USB ports to write to the system's HDD. You'd still be able to use USB's for charging controllers, using the Eyetoy, and possible saving files to a flash drive (but probably not letting flash drives save files to disc)
08-26-2010, 11:34 PM #26
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
Originally posted by Mr
That's a good news, I glad SONY ready to get this Patch up quickly. I don't want hackers spread on PSN and hacking in game online.

Thank to SonyClaps

definetly a :y: hacking ruins things like games which are fun
08-26-2010, 11:43 PM #27
Originally posted by OxGeRo View Post
definetly a :y: hacking ruins things like games which are fun

Very True and we don't wantSmile
08-26-2010, 11:43 PM #28
Some anonymous person on pastebin is not a valid source. Sorry.

Closed

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo