08-26-2010, 10:11 PM #1
pap0024
Splicer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Source:
You must login or register to view this content.

1.PS3 Firmware (v3.42) Update
2.The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on August 19, 2010 (JST), and will disable the USB ports that are available on all PS3 systems, launched in November 2006. Due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.42 system software update.
3.In addition, disabling the USB ports will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.
4.Consumers and organizations that currently use the USB ports can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems, although the following features will no longer be available;
5.* Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat
6.* Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.42 or later
7.* Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)
8.* Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.42 or later
9.Additional information about PS3 firmware updates, including v3.42 (once it becomes available), can be found here: You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked pap0024 for this useful post:

bieleric
08-26-2010, 10:17 PM #2
Damnit!!!! No more CoD4 hacks. But thanks for letting us know in advance.
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM #3
BigFudge
Vault dweller
thats bullshit once they block the usb ports how do i charge my controller or use my playstation eye? its a load of crap.

The following 4 users say thank you to BigFudge for this useful post:

IW_JOSH, MARY JANE, PopScience
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM #4
pap0024
Splicer
Originally posted by BigFudge View Post
thats bullshit once they block the usb ports how do i charge my controller or use my playstation eye? its a load of crap.

i dont think that will haopen but u never know it may just block usbdrives (still gay)

Please +Rep if this helped
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM #5
Originally posted by BigFudge View Post

True story man they wouldnt and cant do this to us ps3 will be worth shit i use it for chat rooms with my eye toy all the time

Also it says 19th of A ug but today is 26th have i missed this update or somet?
Last edited by MARY JANE ; 08-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.
08-26-2010, 10:33 PM #6
God damn idiots post this shitt and for what I don't know close this idoitic thread
08-26-2010, 10:35 PM #7
pap0024
Splicer
Originally posted by islanda73 View Post
God damn idiots post this shitt and for what I don't know close this idoitic thread

hahah obliviously your the idiot, whom cant read as well these people are interested in this info and its an upcoming thing which is major
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM #8
That's a good news, I glad SONY ready to get this Patch up quickly. I don't want hackers spread on PSN and hacking in game online.

Thank to SonyClaps

The following user thanked Mr slobkilla for this useful post:

Post Count
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM #9
Originally posted by pap0024 View Post
hahah obliviously your the idiot, whom cant read as well these people are interested in this info and its an upcoming thing which is major

Lol your an idiot youfail.org the date says august 19 go ****k urself twice

The following 2 users say thank you to islanda73 for this useful post:

PS3LUV3R, tylerthegr8
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM #10
dellboy81
Vault dweller
but you stated the update on august 19th will stop the usb working, which has passed of course.

they cant block the use of usb for various reasons, some of which have been mentioned above for the peripherals wouldnt work.

so if this is bullshit, then it should be closed. i cant see how they can do this tbh.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo