08-28-2010, 10:55 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i am new to this website so i'm sorry if there is already a post about this and i did not find it, or i am in the wrong section.

But what i want to know is, the xbox 360 has a jtag chip that can do all kinds of crazy mods (mainly what im looking for is MW2 mods) however i don't know of any for the PlayStation. Can anyone tell me of where to find/buy one?
08-29-2010, 12:28 AM #2
Your looking for the "PSJailbreak"
A list of there dealers can be found here You must login or register to view this content., if you live in australia, sony have temporarly banned them from being sold over there
08-29-2010, 01:02 AM #3
sorry it was to my understanding that all the jailbreak did was save games to the system so you could play the game with actually having the disc in, so your saying it offers the same mods as a jtag for the 360?
something like the infectus 2 kit found here,
You must login or register to view this content.
only for the playstation
Last edited by ADAYtwoREMEMBER ; 08-29-2010 at 01:15 AM.
08-29-2010, 01:52 AM #4
what the ps jailbreak does is let you rip the blu ray game onto your hard drive to play the game without having that select disc in the drive. so far there is nothing that makes it like a JTAG xbox 360. also it isn't a permanent mod. you can unplug the dongle and then it wont be modded anymore until you plug the dongle back in
08-29-2010, 06:31 AM #5
thank you adamjbh that is what i wanted to know.
08-29-2010, 06:48 AM #6
egonadrian
Pedo-Smilez FTW!
/facepalm there is a search bar you know.
08-29-2010, 11:03 AM #7
Originally posted by ADAYtwoREMEMBER View Post
So i am new to this website so i'm sorry if there is already a post about this and i did not find it, or i am in the wrong section.

But what i want to know is, the xbox 360 has a jtag chip that can do all kinds of crazy mods (mainly what im looking for is MW2 mods) however i don't know of any for the PlayStation. Can anyone tell me of where to find/buy one?

Originally posted by adamjbh View Post
what the ps jailbreak does is let you rip the blu ray game onto your hard drive to play the game without having that select disc in the drive. so far there is nothing that makes it like a JTAG xbox 360. also it isn't a permanent mod. you can unplug the dongle and then it wont be modded anymore until you plug the dongle back in

Yo forgot to mention that the PsJailBreak allows us to run unsigned code, Which is what the big buzz to us is! That means dev can write up homebrew and shet!
08-29-2010, 09:13 PM #8
Originally posted by BabyGravy View Post
Yo forgot to mention that the PsJailBreak allows us to run unsigned code, Which is what the big buzz to us is! That means dev can write up homebrew and shet!

that also, but the issue is that if sony patches the usb drive on the start up of the ps3 for a few seconds or so, just to stop the process of the ps jailbreak. not sure if they can do that, but i am sure they can.
08-29-2010, 10:34 PM #9
Originally posted by BabyGravy View Post

so your saying i could run code to host MW2 modded lobbies? and other cool things along that line?
08-29-2010, 11:08 PM #10
shiver
chaos personified
Originally posted by ADAYtwoREMEMBER View Post
so your saying i could run code to host MW2 modded lobbies? and other cool things along that line?

No-one knows if it is or not possible at this point.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo