Post: PSJailbreak promise new software, donate money to fight against Sony
08-30-2010, 01:18 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); According to third party web reports, the PSJailbreak team has revealed that they will be releasing Backup Manager v1.1 shortly. This new revision will include new features and tweaks. Elsewhere they took a moment to clarify that the launch delay was due to a need to finish the packaging and finalize the latest software. Finally, they have reportedly made a large donation to those retailers involved in the fight against Sony regarding the sale of PSJailbreak.

source You must login or register to view this content.
08-31-2010, 11:44 PM #11
Razbuton
Gym leader
Originally posted by bizarro View Post
so are cars but you arent allowed to steal those.
its the same thing you want something u have to go and work for it

Save it buddy... There are a lot of spoiled people all over the world. But even I'd prefer to download games for free then fork over my check for a video game. Besides, I have a grudge with some developers. Bioware... I love their games but c'mon, when they released DragonAge Origins, they released DLC on the same day. It's like they sold me an incomplete game.

Originally posted by another user
BioWare announced on October 8, 2009, that two pieces of downloadable content (DLC) will be available on the game's launch: The Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep. By November 12, 2009, BioWare announced that sales of downloadable content had generated over one million dollars of sales revenue.

I mean, c'mon!
09-01-2010, 12:21 AM #12

suck a ****ing dick you piece of shit even if you work 70 $ per game is ****ing ridiculous, ur like those retarded rednecks that had the poster that sayd "you wouldnt download a car" and you know what? **** you if i could i would, these games arent real its a fkin disc thats all ur not stealing anythin real and its not like ohh ps3 piracy its gonna ruin everything, ****in noobs pc and xbox are hacked and they still get every good game so unless u wanna pay for my games stfu
09-01-2010, 12:46 AM #13

Some people just don't deserve the support. For example, companies like Activision, Capcom, EA, THQ, and Ubisoft should be boycotted. Otherwise, if the game is good, I'll buy it.
09-01-2010, 08:32 AM #14
Andros
Body Language Expert
One could argue that buying a used game is stealing as well, then: when you sell your game to someone else, the software house doesn't get any money.
Borrowing a game from a friend would be stealing too, then.

The only difference is that, if you download the game instead, more than one person is playing the same "copy" of the game at the same time.

Before someone jumps in and flames me, be advised that some game companies are indeed complaining about "losses" from the used game market and would like to put a stop to that.
Some have started by adding "one-time codes" to the games, to unlock certain features (such as online play), so if you buy a second hand copy you have to purchase the code from PS store to unlock those features that come for free with a new copy of the game.
But if you google a bit, you will find out that they are already pushing to have some laws that would hinder or put a stop to the used market.

I would like to point out, for the younger members, that before the internet and digital technologies it was absolutely common to lend your new record/tape to a friend, to copy a music tape/record you had borrowed from a friend, record songs from the radio and such - it was just normal.
And nobody dared to say that was stealing.
Come to think of it, how many guys/girls made a music tape with special songs for their significant other? That was all stealing, yet it's shown in so many movies and no one complains about it.

I don't wanna say "piracy" is right (although it's important to see the difference between non-profit piracy and black market piracy, as in when you sell the copies and make money out of them), I'm just saying some people should think twice before they buy ANY bullshit the companies put in the anti-piracy commercials or the laws that have been made because of pressure from RIAA and the likes.

P.S.->to download a song or game is not stealing: call it illegal use, unauthorized use, call it whatever you want.. but not stealing. Stealing is when you take away someone's property so he doesn't have it anymore, because you do.
So if you steal a CD from the music store, well that's stealing: the record store doesn't have that good anymore and cannot sell it.
If you download a copy off the internet or get it from a friend, that's not stealing.
Which is why those who are caught downloading are accused of copyright infringement and the likes, but not of theft.
We could say the companies are bullshitting and lying to us, when they claim that "if you dl a song you're stealing" in their anti-piracy commercials
And even the losses claimed by the company do not convince me much, no doubt someone would buy more songs if he couldn't download them, on the other hand how many people download songs because they're catchy and listen to them a few times, but would never buy the record if they couldn't dl off the internet?
Perhaps they'd record them from the radio, instead Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo