Post: How to Configure FTP server and add Mods to Fallout: NV
01-08-2011, 07:18 AM #1
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Jezza.Boi’s Custom Guide To Modding Fallout: New Vegas on PS3

Tools you will need:
- Jailbroken PS3
- FTP Program Installed on PS3 (Google is your friend)
- FTP Program Installed on PC You must login or register to view this content.
- A Copy of Fallout: New Vegas BACKED UP to your Ps3

Configuring FTP server (PS3/PC)

Turn on your Ps3 and enable a network connection and that you can retrieve an I.P. Now open up the FTP.pkg that you would have Installed on your Ps3 and look at the I.P address your Ps3 Shows. Now install FileZilla and open it. Click File>Site Manager. Now a box should appear. Click the “New Site” button and name it what ever you want to name it e.g: My PS3. Now these are my custom settings for my FTP server which I find work perfectly. Where it says Host put the I.P. that is shown on your PS3 and for the port number put “21” as the port number. Now for the “Logon Type” Leave that as Normal and the user as “FTPD12345” and push Connect. You should now see your Ps3’s HDD in front of you.

Adding Mods to Fallout: NV

Once you’ve Backed Up your Fallout: NV to your Ps3, Navigate to where you installed it to e.g: GAMEZ. Now Navigate through the Fallout: New Vegas Directory till you find “FALLOUT.INI”. There should also be a “Awesome faceATA” Folder there as well (The DATA Folder is where we place the mods and we use FALLOUT.INI to load the mods.) Now Extract/Drag the FALLOUT.INI to your desktop and make a backup of it just in case something goes wrong. Now head You must login or register to view this content. For Fallout: NV Mods. Pick a mod of any choice but make sure it’s a .ESM or a .ESP file (These are more simple to work with). For this Tut im going to be using “You must login or register to view this content.” Mod. (Full of custom weapons and stuff). Download “Shawns Duffle Bag” and Extract it to your desktop. You should have a file inside called “ShawnsDuffleBag.esp” Now to secure that it works change the mod to all Caps so it should now be “SHAWNSDUFFLEBAG.ESP”. Open FALLOUT.INI in Note Pad, You should see “STestFile1=FalloutNV.esm” And going up the list to “STestFile10=”. Where it says “STestFile2=” Place the name of the mod after the =. It should look something like this “STestFile2=SHAWNSDUFFLEBAG.ESP” (DO NOT REMOVE FALLOUTNV.ESM). Now Push Ctrl + F and search for “Awesome faceATA/” you should be directed to this line sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA, (followed by a heap of other .ESM’s and BSA’s).

Now where it says “MISC.BSA,” Do a space and place “Awesome faceATA/SHAWNSDUFFLEBAG.ESP,” With another space after that. Should look like this
sEssentialFileCacheListE=DATA/FALLOUT - MISC.BSA, DATA/SHAWNSDUFFLEBAG.ESP, DATA/DEV1.ESP, DATA/ICON0.PNG, (Or something like this, Depending on the mod(s) you are installing.)
Once you’ve added the mods into the FALLOUT.INI Save it and drag it back into FileZilla and drop it in the same directory where FALLOUT.INI is, A box should appearing what you want todo. Replace your new “FALLOUT.INI” over your old “FALLOUT.INI” and place your mod in the “Awesome faceATA” folder. I have supplied down below some Fallout mods along with a pre made FALLOUT.INI that go with the mods supplied.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by jezza.boi ; 01-09-2011 at 11:59 AM.

The following 8 users say thank you to jezza.boi for this useful post:

decrulez96, fishstick96, joeay123, ROCKY_southpaw, Thanitos, The InvadeR, The-Don, zackroman
02-06-2011, 07:22 AM #65
HtD
Dark Knight
Originally posted by jezza.boi View Post
my Original Post has no smilies :S

/facepalm
Did u check the spoilers...?
02-06-2011, 08:41 AM #66
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
Originally posted by HtD View Post
/facepalm
Did u check the spoilers...?

wat smilies? :plank: jk i seen em. Thanks for the heads up!
02-06-2011, 09:17 AM #67
HtD
Dark Knight
wat smilies? :plank: jk i seen em. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.

The following user thanked HtD for this useful post:

jezza.boi
02-06-2011, 09:54 AM #68
Wow just go to the link
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM #69
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
No problem.

Just 1 problem.. how exactly do i disable the smilies? :wtf:

Originally posted by jp4priest View Post
Wow just go to the link

What link? lol
02-06-2011, 07:59 PM #70
Xreal-_-marinex
Do a barrel roll!
Could I buy a regular flash drive????
02-06-2011, 08:43 PM #71
HtD
Dark Knight
Just 1 problem.. how exactly do i disable the smilies? :wtf:

What link? lol

Space them out and let them know their spaced out. :p
02-07-2011, 06:25 AM #72
jezza.boi
Maintainin' Ma'h Cool
Space them out and let them know their spaced out. :p

ceebs lol
:shorrrrrrrt:
02-07-2011, 07:49 PM #73

Read the Readme.txt of the backup manager you have installed. it should tell you where it copies games to.

yea i dont have one of those...also i had had the ini up yesterday under bdvd but now its gone. ive tried to reload the game, play it, and then see if its under there but its not. i even tried to disable the ps3 internet when it wasnt loaded and when it loaded try to ftp but still no luck :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo