Post: Stealth Mode Patches and Tutorial to NOT get banned by clankfan1
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); NEW BETTER WORKING TUTORIAL!

Hey guys I know your all worried about getting banned from Sony seeing your boot_history.dat (This file contains all the games you have been playing, even offline and uploads it to Sony every time you log in!) So I decide to make a stealth version of the FTP server since I've seen a lot of people wanting it.

DOWNLOAD (v1.2):
United States & Canada: You must login or register to view this content. (1,500+ Safe Downloads)
Europe: You must login or register to view this content. (650+ Safe Downloads)

Whats New?

• (v1.1)Adds support for the United Kingdom
  • (v1.1)Adds support for remote play (You must login or register to view this content.)
  • (v1.2)Adds support for ALL homebrew apps/games
  • (v1.2)Adds version bypass so update screen doesn't appear
  • (v1.2)Adds support for all firmware like originally advertised

What it does:

• It adds Call of Duty: Black Ops to you boot_history.dat so that the FTP server doesn't show up.
  • It shows you are playing Call of Duty: Black Ops to your friends and Sony if you are signed in.
  • Prevents you from being banned by Sony.
  • Allows you to play homebrew without logging off.
  • Works on all firmware!

How to install:
The tutorial is only long because I went in depth...

1. Download and Save As the PARAM.SFO file to a location where you can find it.
  2. Run the already installed BlackB0x FTP Server v1.2 on your PS3 while your are SIGNED OFF!
  3. Open up the FTP Server of your choice that supports BlackB0x on your computer.
  4. Now copy the PARAM.SFO file to /dev_hdd0/game/BB0011111 (BB0011111 is the folder for BlackB0x FTP v1.2, folders for different apps/games will be different)
  5. A message should pop-up asking if you would like to overwrite click YES.
  6. Now while still on the FTP server we will clear the boot_history.dat so Sony can't ban you for running homebrew that you've done in the past.
  7. Navigate back to /dev_hdd0 now open the home folder (You should be in /dev_hdd0/home now)
  8. Now there should be folders with several zeros and a number at the end, I suggest you delete all of these folders boot_history.dat files to be even safer though.
  9. If there is only one folder you can skip this step, otherwise you can check what folder is what user by opening the localusername file in each folder until you see the user that matches your PSN account. (Please note that the user and PSN account name are different!)
  10. Once you have found the right user open the folder called etc (You should now be in something that looks close to /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/etc)
  11. Copy the boot_history.dat file to your computer and open it with your favorite text editing program. (Such as notepad)
  12. Highlight all of the text in the file or press Ctrl+a and then delete it.
  13. Now save your file with the same name or press Ctrl+s in most programs.
  14. Now copy the boot_history.dat file on your computer to the same location boot_history.dat was on the FTP Server and overwrite again.
  15. Now exit the FTP server on your PS3 by pressing X.
  16. Turn off your PS3.
  17. Turn on your PS3 and find the homebrew app/game icon to which you just edited under game. The text to the side may say Call of Duty: Black Ops if it doesn't say Call of Duty: Black Ops then boot the app/game and after it loads up quit the app/game. If the text to the right of the icon says Call of Duty: Black Ops you've done it correctly but if it doesn't do all the steps again or ask for help.

Thanks for reading if you have any questions at all post below or send me a PM. Smile

P.S. I know xcellerator made a stealth backup manager and FTP server, this does the same thing but works on all firmwares!

If enough people like this and want more stealth mode patches I will upload more!

Q&A:
Because I care here are some Q&A I thought were good!

Originally posted by Dr.Dizzy View Post

Question: How do I delete my current history ? (If possible)

Answer: Go to step 6 on the tutorial and by following the rest of the steps to the end will delete your history!

Originally posted by RedZebra View Post

Question: One small problem though, the SFO you supplied is BLUS which will look strange for anyone playing in the UK to have on their logs, could you possible supply a UK one or at least a tut to allow us to make our own?
Thanks

Answer: Yes I will have different regions for download in a matter of time (If I don't already by the time your reading this.)

Originally posted by jkry

Question: U do realize they can check black ops servers and see your not on right? make it a offline game i made mine leisure suit larry box office bust.

Answer: The Black Ops servers are maintained by Sony but ran by Trayarc, also who says you cant be playing single player? Your not on their server while doing any offline game mode...

Originally posted by howigethere View Post

Question: Sorry for the noob question but will this work with file manager?

Answer: Yes it will work for almost any homebrew game/app and I'm currently adding support for more homebrew games/apps...

Originally posted by Falco47 View Post

Question: What if i dont have blackbox installed...do i need this?

Answer: I would suggest it if you are running any homebrew and do not want to risk being banned...

Originally posted by ClutchLikeMelo View Post

Question: K I did all this so now can I go on FTP without having to sign out?

Answer: Yes both Sony and your friends will think your playing Call of Duty: Black Ops
Last edited by clankfan1 ; 01-23-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: UPDATE v1.2

The following 84 users say thank you to clankfan1 for this useful post:

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡, Ada Wong, Adam™, Aim_Fire_Dead, ashleythemigf, Asmel, BaNk-R0BbeR-, benashley, benjamin-x, Blaize-, calcium89, Car Lover, ChickoStick, chrisfaulk, club-bomb-shizl, codeman96, CristinaRawr, dark-pitbull, DarkLiightz, DarkxVirus, dealer_pt, dela_tiges12, DeNoMix, DR-Dizzy, duderly, fishstick96, frub3nz, gdnxp, gokugamer, HomelandSec, Hondarydr, InSaNe-xPWEEx, jan0499, jmj, joeay123, kmax102, kyskidz, Lick, LiL-Marro, Mankins, Mark00agent, markinatorz, MARY JANE, Maty360414, maxrox, mEdiivalXvirrus, NeOn-_-NiNjA, NGU_MVRz, nucky88, Omamori69Himari, PDG_24, RD Recreate, Repsys7, Ryan_ward1, sammyboy24, Sandyballz, sauronith, savillbros, Scrumilation, shaunyovls25, Showme_the_cash, SLY2010, smushpie, snilletx3, soc18, thalx, TheSpoken, Thrashher, Tokiopop, Top_Dog_Uk, UnrealReality, vSaBoTeuR x, w8t4it, WhiteGuyOnline, WillMcLurvin, x3D, xCamoLegend, xIEpidemic, xRapiiD-sHoT2xX, xxzero26xx, ZzXr3V0LuTi0NzZ
01-26-2011, 07:30 PM #191
Superman.
Is it a bird? ... Is it a plane?
thank, this is cool Smile
01-29-2011, 02:00 AM #192
Originally posted by forumjunkie View Post
Can you put a list of what homebrew apps use the BB001111 certificate thing in the OP?

As said in the first post all files work...
01-29-2011, 11:27 PM #193
FLucKy
Pokemon Trainer
i acidently deleted my user file in the home area of my ftp suporter and now my games wont load and my trophies are all messed up any advice?
02-01-2011, 07:41 AM #194
Lxndon
OFWGKTA
Originally posted by clankfan1 View Post
NEW BETTER WORKING TUTORIAL!

Hey guys I know your all worried about getting banned from Sony seeing your boot_history.dat (This file contains all the games you have been playing, even offline and uploads it to Sony every time you log in!) So I decide to make a stealth version of the FTP server since I've seen a lot of people wanting it.

DOWNLOAD (v1.2):
United States & Canada: You must login or register to view this content. (1,500+ Safe Downloads)
Europe: You must login or register to view this content. (650+ Safe Downloads)

Whats New?

• (v1.1)Adds support for the United Kingdom
  • (v1.1)Adds support for remote play (You must login or register to view this content.)
  • (v1.2)Adds support for ALL homebrew apps/games
  • (v1.2)Adds version bypass so update screen doesn't appear
  • (v1.2)Adds support for all firmware like originally advertised

What it does:

• It adds Call of Duty: Black Ops to you boot_history.dat so that the FTP server doesn't show up.
  • It shows you are playing Call of Duty: Black Ops to your friends and Sony if you are signed in.
  • Prevents you from being banned by Sony.
  • Allows you to play homebrew without logging off.
  • Works on all firmware!

How to install:
The tutorial is only long because I went in depth...

1. Download and Save As the PARAM.SFO file to a location where you can find it.
  2. Run the already installed BlackB0x FTP Server v1.2 on your PS3 while your are SIGNED OFF!
  3. Open up the FTP Server of your choice that supports BlackB0x on your computer.
  4. Now copy the PARAM.SFO file to /dev_hdd0/game/BB0011111 (BB0011111 is the folder for BlackB0x FTP v1.2, folders for different apps/games will be different)
  5. A message should pop-up asking if you would like to overwrite click YES.
  6. Now while still on the FTP server we will clear the boot_history.dat so Sony can't ban you for running homebrew that you've done in the past.
  7. Navigate back to /dev_hdd0 now open the home folder (You should be in /dev_hdd0/home now)
  8. Now there should be folders with several zeros and a number at the end, I suggest you delete all of these folders boot_history.dat files to be even safer though.
  9. If there is only one folder you can skip this step, otherwise you can check what folder is what user by opening the localusername file in each folder until you see the user that matches your PSN account. (Please note that the user and PSN account name are different!)
  10. Once you have found the right user open the folder called etc (You should now be in something that looks close to /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/etc)
  11. Copy the boot_history.dat file to your computer and open it with your favorite text editing program. (Such as notepad)
  12. Highlight all of the text in the file or press Ctrl+a and then delete it.
  13. Now save your file with the same name or press Ctrl+s in most programs.
  14. Now copy the boot_history.dat file on your computer to the same location boot_history.dat was on the FTP Server and overwrite again.
  15. Now exit the FTP server on your PS3 by pressing X.
  16. Turn off your PS3.
  17. Turn on your PS3 and find the homebrew app/game icon to which you just edited under game. The text to the side may say Call of Duty: Black Ops if it doesn't say Call of Duty: Black Ops then boot the app/game and after it loads up quit the app/game. If the text to the right of the icon says Call of Duty: Black Ops you've done it correctly but if it doesn't do all the steps again or ask for help.

Thanks for reading if you have any questions at all post below or send me a PM. Smile

P.S. I know xcellerator made a stealth backup manager and FTP server, this does the same thing but works on all firmwares!

If enough people like this and want more stealth mode patches I will upload more!

Q&A:
Because I care here are some Q&A I thought were good!

that sounds pretty good broSmile
02-01-2011, 07:49 AM #195
CAMMO-ECKERT
Smash It If You Grab It
i am stealth but thx i am acctuly using it atm
02-02-2011, 03:21 AM #196
Originally posted by FLucKy View Post
i acidently deleted my user file in the home area of my ftp suporter and now my games wont load and my trophies are all messed up any advice?

There's nothing you can do I'm sorry :(
02-02-2011, 03:30 AM #197
FLucKy
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by clankfan1 View Post
There's nothing you can do I'm sorry :(

thank you anyways
02-02-2011, 05:05 AM #198
u said works on all firmware be more clear 2 the noobs who dont know what CFW is bcuz its obv not gunna work on OFW?
02-02-2011, 05:07 AM #199
Originally posted by cobie123 View Post
u said works on all firmware be more clear 2 the noobs who dont know what CFW is bcuz its obv not gunna work on OFW?

Any CFW and if you update to and OFW it will stay, but may not run, depending on the system version...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo